National Treasure??

Xtreme
  • Total Posts : 272
  • Reward points : 0
National Treasure?? - Jul 08, 2004 12:38
have any of you heard of this movie yet? my dad is a big dan brown (da vinci code) fan and found out about this one bc i guesss its similar. nicholas cage is on a treasure hunt...only problem is that the map to the treasure is on the back of the constitution...i dunno...sounds cool to me.

what do you guys think?

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 960
RE: National Treasure?? - Jul 08, 2004 14:45
Here' s the info on the movie:

Director: Jon Turteltaub
Written by: Cormac Wibberley, Marianne Wibberley
Distributed by: Touchstone Pictures
Theatrical Release Date: November 24, 2004

Nicolas Cage stars as Ben Franklin Gates, an archaeologist and adventurer looking for the legendary lost treasure of the Templar Knights, spurred on by the stories he was told as a young man by his grandfather, John Adams Gates, twenty years before. John tells Ben the secret hiding place for the treasure is encoded on the back of the Declaration of Independence, placed there by none other than the founders of the United States of America, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin.

Cast:
Nicolas Cage, Justin Bartha, Sean Bean, Harvey Keitel, Diane Kruger, Christopher Plummer, Don McManus, Mark Pellegrino

Might be a good one. I like Nicolas Cage' s acting.

I just watched the trailer (long). Looks interesting. Here' s the link:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/nationaltreasure.aspx
< Message edited by Sharon -- 7/8/2004 2:52:09 PM >

Rikka
  • Total Posts : 933
RE: National Treasure?? - Jul 08, 2004 22:25
Could be interesting, it is not a role I can picture Cage in though. I am a fan of most of his work, but there is a certain " type" of character that suits him, this one doesn' t seem to be it. I will probably check it out eventually (will go and watch the trailer later)

Xtreme
RE: National Treasure?? - Jul 09, 2004 02:33
Nice! hadnt seen the trailer yet either, just what my dad told me. really cool actually. it looks like a good theater movie, as opposed to dvd rental. im a huge Washington dc fan, and have seen where they keep the constitution in the archives. that thing is incredibly guarded...it' ll be cool to see what they do with it.

Xtreme
RE: National Treasure?? - Aug 31, 2004 16:34
*bump*

ok so I saw some more footage for this over the weekend and am more stoked for it. i think that keitel' s role is a lot bigger than i thought, judging from the trailer which doesnt even feature him. oh well. sorry for the bump, im just lookin forward to it.