Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii Impressions
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 10, 2006 01:45

Wii will do well the first year but after that people will want to get back to proper gaming.

Before the DS, what did people think the ' proper' way of playing handhelds was?? Two buttons and a D-pad?? Now which is the proper way?, which way of most of the handheld gamers out there have choosen DS as their ' proper' way?

Exactly the same thing is going to happen with the Wii.

You think the Next Xbox or PS is gona have the standard Gamepad for control?? OR the Next PSP will have the same d-pad?? No way!! Nintendo have shown them the better way, they have no chioce but to copy!!!!
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 9 Dec 06 18:00:46 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 10, 2006 02:51

Wii will do well the first year but after that people will want to get back to proper gaming.

So you mean to tell me that game like Zelda Twilight Princess is not a proper game!! Thats bullshit. Not all Wii games are going to be like Wii sports ya know! Mario Galaxy. Metroid Prime 3 are all going to be ' proper' games. To say that the Wii is not proper gaming is complete bullshit!! That is the type of crap people said when the DS came out and look at it now!!
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 10, 2006 04:35

No way!! Nintendo have shown them the better way, they have no chioce but to copy!!!!

Then i guess ill be getting out of gaming soon.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 10, 2006 11:09

I must agree, its not a gimmick. For some games, sure, but if used properly (Zelda:TP) it enhances the game. And I know a lot of you like(d) the GC controller but I personally didn' t(too small for me, but if bigger had a great layout) so I think the motion sensor idea is an improvement (it really cant be too small or too big for anyones hands)
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 11, 2006 07:22
I hope that the ps3 and 360 stick to traditional gaming and the Wii carves out a new market offering a different gaming experience all to itself. I would actually be pissed off if i saw the Wiimote like devices on a sony or microsoft console. DOn' t worry Dead Saint i' m pretty sure traditional gaming will continue for a long time yet.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 11, 2006 07:28

You think the Next Xbox or PS is gona have the standard Gamepad for control?? OR the Next PSP will have the same d-pad?? No way!! Nintendo have shown them the better way, they have no chioce but to copy!!!!

I don' t even think the next Nintendo console will use the Wiimote nor wil the next gameboy use dual touch screen. The Xbox 3 and PS4 will most certainly use controllers. I' m not saying the Wiimote isn' t good, I still need to try it. I just don' t think Nintendo would use the same hook twice. They are smarter then that.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 11, 2006 10:17

I still need to try it. I just don' t think Nintendo would use the same hook twice. They are smarter then that.

Their second hook is ' visuals' .

This generation Nintendo have always claimed that the way we play games is getting limited due to the same old Controller..

Nintendo changed the way we play games back with the N64 (some could very much argue that M64 and Zelda OOT, still havent been beaten for traditional Controller setups/gamplay)

Nintendo have made it clear they want to put their new gameplay methods in place this generation..

This generation = Nintendo wiping the slate clean with new fresh controls.

Next generation = Nintetendo are working on bringing amazing Visual technology. (and by that time their controls (DS,stylus, Wiimote) will have been developed and grown)

Basically Nintendo are saying:

" If you think we have give up on visuals, think again, just let us time to standardise our new controls sytems and the next generation is where we really Go full throttle"

The Stylus, dual screen, wiimote are gona be here for a long time.
Terrak

RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 11, 2006 10:19

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I don' t even think the next Nintendo console will use the Wiimote nor wil the next gameboy use dual touch screen. The Xbox 3 and PS4 will most certainly use controllers. I' m not saying the Wiimote isn' t good, I still need to try it. I just don' t think Nintendo would use the same hook twice. They are smarter then that.

Yes they will Agent, only this time they can add HD graphics to Wii' s successor. Once developers get a handle on motion sensing/pointing on the Wii they can spend more time and resources developing HD graphics. I would imagine a more refined Wiimote with HD graphics comparable to xbox720(?) or ps4(??). After using the Wiimote extensively for the past few days i can say with absolute certainty that i personally prefer the Wii mote and won' t be in hurry to return to traditional gaming methods (although SSBB will certainly test that). Thats no to say the Wiimote is better but that its different.

BTW f3hunter just beat to the punch
< Message edited by Terrak -- 11 Dec 06 2:20:17 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 11, 2006 10:22
Well we' ll see I guess....
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 12, 2006 01:45

And somebody else has got sweaty hands

Thats just the skill oozing out!
Terrak

RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 12, 2006 13:26
My brother got f**king 290 in Wii bowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He only missed the first frame (spared it though) and proceeded to get 11 strikes in a row

Not gonna play him any more in bowling.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread