Viva pinata.

Papado
  • Total Posts : 234
  • Reward points : 0
Viva pinata. - Nov 28, 2006 11:48
I am considering buying the game and would like to hear the opinions of those amongst you who already own it. Does the game hold up well? Is it too childish (not in it' s theme, but in it' s mechanics)? How does it generally just look, feel and sound? Thank you very much in advance, and again I am only looking for the opinions of those who own the game.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 28, 2006 14:57
It' s for gays,womens and kidz,don' t get it.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 28, 2006 16:11

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

It' s for gays,womens and kidz,don' t get it.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 28, 2006 16:18
You got your 360 back yet majik?
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Byakko
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 28, 2006 19:31
Shut up Quez

Papado, don' t listen to the LO goblin. I' ve listened to the EGM podcast, and read the reviews; Viva Pinata is GOOD. It takes more concentration and critical thinking then you' d expect (more than the average 12 and below kid as well), and the only reason you don' t hear MEN talk about how they like is simply because it looks cute.

And since when is looking cute a bad thing? I don' t hear any MEN and BOYS trying to cover up the fact they don' t like ' cute' looking goblins in tights, or certain furry blue haired HEDGEHOGS. At least they' re pinata horses, or foxes, but HEDGEHOGS are amazingly adorable!

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 01:43
If I had a 360 I might pick it up but is it Rareware back to its best? I don' t think that will ever happen!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 03:01

Papado, don' t listen to the LO goblin.
That made my day.

I give all games a fair shot, but I tried AC: Wild World for the DS & didn' t like it much. Maybe because it was a slow paced handheld, I dunno, but unless it' s faster paced than that, I' ll probably just rent.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 03:18
Animal crossing is the kind of game that you play for 20-40 minutes everyday. It' s not the sort of game that you want to play more than that. I' m not even sure its even a videogame, there is no goal except to acquire whatever you want. The game is kinda twisted, on the suface it looks kiddy but I' ve seen some pretty disturbing things happen in my little town.

Byakko I think I can answer your question about why guys consider " cute" a bad thing. To do so allow me to express what " cute" is. Cute is something that is defenceless and attractive, it is attractive because it is otherwise defenceless. The interesting thing about cuteness is that we instinctively respond to it. It all originates from babies. Human babies are completely dependant on adults for the first few years for immediate survival, they simply cannot fend for themselves.

When we think something is cute, what do we want to do? We want to pick it up and hold it and basically protect it. This is a basic instinct, the very instinct that all mammals have towards their new borns. Its the reason why babies survive in the animal kindom, because they are cute.

To be frank, responding to cuteness is a female thing. Traditionally its the mother that cares for new borns in the Ape family, so it' s only natural that human girls are more responsive to cuteness than guys. Because of this, cuteness has become not only biologically feminin but socially as well.

Us guys don' t want to be cute, we need to be the opposite of cute. We need to be tough, strong and aggressive. Men don' t need to be protected we are the protectors! It' s in our nature. And we sure as fuck don' t want to be caught enjoying a cute videogame. Oh and by the way Sonic is not cute, he' s cool. Only a girl could even perceive Sonic as being cute. In all honesty that thought never even crossed my mind, he was always cool, just cool.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 28 Nov 06 19:51:07 >

Eastwood
  • Total Posts : 158
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 04:29
Everyone at 1up thinks it rules. I want to check it out. I think my girlfriend would like it too. SHe played Sim City on the Wii for 2 hours last night.

Dionysius
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 04:43
Babies scare the crap out of me.
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 28 Nov 06 20:43:46 >

Byakko
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 12:29

Us guys don' t want to be cute, we need to be the opposite of cute. We need to be tough, strong and aggressive. Men don' t need to be protected we are the protectors! It' s in our nature. And we sure as fuck don' t want to be caught enjoying a cute videogame. Oh and by the way Sonic is not cute, he' s cool. Only a girl could even perceive Sonic as being cute. In all honesty that thought never even crossed my mind, he was always cool, just cool.

Well, technically when you' re young, guys are cute (adrogynous is kinda extreme, but before puberty, you' re just manly looking girls, seriously)

Sonic is still cute. Big-eyed, wearing gloves, and shoes. He' s Mickey Mouse if he had spines and was blue! And if that wasn' t enough, TAILS is just adorable.

And by the by, you CANNOT deny that MARIO is cute. Come on! He' s an Italian plumber with a big moustache, wearing overalls and a red shirt! Eating mushrooms! His enemies are turtles! TURTLES! If Mario was only evented in this era, his age group would' ve been slightly lower than Bob the Builder' s...

Although the plumber job is kinda masculine, but that' s beside the point.

And in the current social landscape, in the Asian and eastern region urban areas at least, it' s increasingly been seen that metrosexuality is becoming more valued than extreme masculinity.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 12:53

TAILS is just adorable.

Absolutely!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 29 Nov 06 4:53:18 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 13:11

Well, technically when you' re young, guys are cute (adrogynous is kinda extreme, but before puberty, you' re just manly looking girls, seriously)

Even boys still need protection, they wouldn' t fare too well against an assault from an adult male usually. So yeah its normal for boys to be " cute" . Boys lose their cutness at around their early teens, right when we become dagerous and can fight for ourselves.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 15:41

If Mario was only evented in this era, his age group would' ve been slightly lower than Bob the Builder' s...

Yes, I' ve often reflected upon the current race to the bottom in the ongoing attempt to make every game the darkest, grittiest, most grim apocalyptic nightmare, that there must be frustrated Nintendo fans who are endlessly exasperated that they don' t " re-imagine" Mario as a repulsive, pock-marked, stubbly, ashen faced brute splattering photorealistic blood everywhere as he smashes turtles underfoot in some dimly-lit sewer level.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 29 Nov 06 7:42:40 >

Byakko
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 17:47

Boys lose their cutness at around their early teens, right when we become dagerous and can fight for ourselves.

Technically, girls get a slight testerone boost during puberty as well; not as much of course, but muscle and pubic hair development are part of both sexes' growth...

Also, all babies start out basically female before developing into a male if the chromosomes dictate that way. So it wouldn' t be exactly wrong to say, a guy has a woman in there somewhere...only the vice versa apparently...

frustrated Nintendo fans who are endlessly exasperated that they don' t " re-imagine" Mario as a repulsive, pock-marked, stubbly, ashen faced brute splattering photorealistic blood everywhere as he smashes turtles underfoot in some dimly-lit sewer level

Unfortunately, that cannot be said of Hudson and Bomberman fans. Did you SEE that horrible reinvention of Bomberman as some kind of Halo-ripoff armored maniac!? That game SUCKED big time [:' (]

Btw, anyone watched the House episode with the sick young model?

SPOILER ALERT!

Basically, they revealed ' she' was a ' he' whose testicles hadn' t dropped, and had an immunity to testerone; hence was flushed with oestrogen without a counter-balancing factor. Therefore, the ultimate woman, was technically a man.
< Message edited by Byakko -- 29 Nov 06 9:50:07 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 18:43

Majik ain' t never been cute. I was born a brute and would hunt Bull Elephants for sport after i' d done my homework. There ain' t no women in me missy, no matter how deep you look!

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 22:40

If Mario was only evented in this era, his age group would' ve been slightly lower than Bob the Builder' s

NO. if the old mario games were envented, everyone would buy them, if Mario Sunshine was just made then yes, bob the builder would be slightly more entertaining

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 29, 2006 22:42

TAILS is just adorable

Oh yeah, hes dead sexy lol

Byakko
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 30, 2006 00:12

There ain' t no women in me missy, no matter how deep you look!

Ha! Lady lips !

Papado
  • Total Posts : 234
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 30, 2006 02:33
People please; has anyone here actually played the game?

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: Viva pinata. - Nov 30, 2006 10:24
I rented it, it' s garbage.