Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EDGE hates 360!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 19, 2006 23:08
Review scores are bloody review scores, they are one man' s opinion on a game and unless it gets something really low, it should not affect your decision to buy a game.

...gamesTM need to loose that pathetic retro crap (half the frigging magazine!) before they can be considered a worthy opponent).....

You just alot of respect Bish, the retro section is fantastic and what makes it different from all the other mags, and it takes about 1/4 of the mag, Gtm are the best gaming out now.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 19 Nov 06 15:10:01 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 19, 2006 23:11
Perhaps the US edition of the magazine is great, but the EU version blows compared to GamesTM.

I hate game reviews though. Give me video footage and a demo and let me decide for myself.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 19, 2006 23:33

...gamesTM need to loose that pathetic retro crap (half the frigging magazine!) before they can be considered a worthy opponent).....

You just alot of respect Bish, the retro section is fantastic and what makes it different from all the other mags, and it takes about 1/4 of the mag, Gtm are the best gaming out now.

Don' t get me wrong, there' s no doubt that GamesTM is a very high quality gaming read... ...i just think that most people are of the mindset that they could do without the time-warp articles about what was being released on the commodore 64, 100 years back...

...but i guess ' yesterday gamers' love it because of that section....

...i dunno, i just hate paying for a pretty expensive magazine like GTM, to find that i' m only interested in reading half of it... ...i guess that retro section is what separates the EDGE fans from the GamesTM fans.......

...mind you, i haven' t bought either magazine for months...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 20, 2006 00:41
Mind you I do find the retro section interesting but when a 4 page feature about dizzy on the zx 1800 super amiga, i tend to turn the page.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 19 Nov 06 16:42:02 >
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 20, 2006 02:02
Ok, sorry that this is rather old but... Z.O.E. 2 a 4/10!?!? What kind of fucking ass-wipe reviewed it,and what makes him think he knows anything about videogames!? Whew, that felt good.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 20, 2006 02:45
I personally feel EDGE is going downhill.

Im not talking about the editorial walkout they had a few years ago due to pay and conditions but the fact that the " fun" is being squeezed out by higher and higher brow editorial.

It' s funnier as I' m a paid contributor to Future' s motoring titles and my best mates work on 4 major titles - one has just been working on the layout for the official ps3 mag.

The contributors for Edge are good, but I know for a fact they just dont have the facilities of the other games mags, and are almsot falling into the movie critic trap of seeming to have to be harsher on everything that they are not being paid to promote.

It' s worth remembering that all those junk flyers and the Nvidia mag etc.. are very well funded and produced by Future themselves. They have 3 PS3' s in their bath offices now and always have visits from Sony reps.

I' ll stop short of saying their Bias - but lets just say that Future just axed 7 titles and that they are only happy about pleasing their investors these days. I actually find reading ten year old issues more enjoyable than the current ones, and I have been a subscriber for about the same period!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 24, 2006 08:02
Lets see what other people thought of RAINBOWSIX that we all who played it thinks kick ass...gaved it.

IGN 93/100

Gamespot 91/100

gameinformer 95/100

gamespy 5/5

Gamepro 4.8/5

Teamxbox 95/100

Now lets be fair shall we?
Sure if your' nt int strategy and action like this and planing etc,RB6 could be a 8/10 for you,but givinmg it below 8/10 for ex 7/10 just shows that the game isn' t right genre for you,and giving it what Edge gave is just so pure wrongly.

EDGE?

................... 6/10.

Stop it,that score was just retarded,lets be honest.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 24, 2006 09:38

....your quotes are like a beam of light filling a darkened valley full of nub FB' s... ...

EDGE easily destroys ALL other gaming magazines out there... ...PERIOD...

Never heard of Edge really, never picked it up...but it sounds like the magazine doesn' t know what the fuck it is talking about, but rather is an X-play...review low, rarely score high...it is a fucking gimmick to make people who are ignorant enough to buy into it think they " Know everything" .
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 24, 2006 18:33

Stop it,that score was just retarded,lets be honest.

Not everyone likes the same thing, you know? If we did the world would be a pretty boring place. It' s just a different opinion, that' s all it is.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 24, 2006 22:08

EDGE fans from the GamesTM fans
I' ve never read either in my life. Are they availiable in US for cheaplike?

but rather is an X-play...review low, rarely score high...it is a fucking gimmick to make people who are ignorant enough to buy into it think they " Know everything" .
X-Play' s not bad.

Well, realistically, X-play would be great if they had a 1-10 scale instead of that stupid 1-5 crap. Myself, I' ll buy an 8/10 game when the price goes down, but not a 7/10. I won' t necesarily go out and buy an 8/10 game at launch, but I will for a 9/10. It' s just not specific enough. I do like the amount of actual gameplay footage they include, & that' s why I watch.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 25, 2006 07:49
X-Play is gay. nuff said.

Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 26, 2006 06:06

X-Play' s not bad.

Well, realistically, X-play would be great if they had a 1-10 scale instead of that stupid 1-5 crap. Myself, I' ll buy an 8/10 game when the price goes down, but not a 7/10. I won' t necesarily go out and buy an 8/10 game at launch, but I will for a 9/10. It' s just not specific enough. I do like the amount of actual gameplay footage they include, & that' s why I watch.

I like X-play I was just pointing out that X-play uses the gimmick of reviewing low and rarely scoring high to make people think that they know everything about the games they review. There is a ton of bias on the show and it is apparent, but I like it because of the writing that is put into the reviews...they make me chuckle.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 26, 2006 08:47

Not everyone likes the same thing, you know? If we did the world would be a pretty boring place. It' s just a different opinion, that' s all it is.

Calintz you seems very nice and wise but that comments doesnt make anysey.

I could take in any diffrent opinion to any game if i wanted.
Do the rainbowsix fans or the hardcore actions fans really care if someone didnt like rainbowsix?

They wanna know if this game is worth its name.
I rememver a guy giving ff7 6/10 saying he hate rpg' s,why must he then do a review?

Atleast he was honest,but that is just a waste of time.

I could make tons of reviews on games i doesnt like or game genre i hate,is my opinion really worth listebning to then? if you like that genre and every other gamer critic really loved that title for ex=
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: EDGE hates 360! - Nov 27, 2006 01:16

I rememver a guy giving ff7 6/10 saying he hate rpg' s,why must he then do a review?

I agree. A game should always be reviewed by someone with at least a moderate interest in the genre.

I could make tons of reviews on games i doesnt like or game genre i hate,is my opinion really worth listebning to then? if you like that genre and every other gamer critic really loved that title for ex=

I see your point, but I won' t be sure if the Rainbow Six review in EDGE is a valid opinion until I read it for myself. It' s also worth keeping in mind that a six in EDGE is in no way a bad score.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message