Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Busy Johnny Depp
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Busy Johnny Depp - Jun 30, 2004 18:13
Johnny Depp is definatly busy this and next year, as he plays Wonka in the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (directed by Tim Burton). As well as doing the voice for the main role in a Tim Burton animation called " Corpse Bride" . But thats not all, as he is also doing back to back sequals for Pirates of the Carribean.

I think Depp is an awsome actor and his works with Burton are always amazing. He certainly is a hard worker.
Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jun 30, 2004 20:24
Thanks be to god there isn;t a sequel to Secret Window in the works :D
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jun 30, 2004 21:38
I like Johnny too. I believe he has always been underrated. I loved his role in Pirates of the Carribean and can' t wait for the sequels. I also love Tim Burton' s style and movies. Johnny Depp and Tim Burton? Awesome!
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jun 30, 2004 21:57
Tim Burton movies always deliver, and I am a fan of Depp' s work. I think this sounds like awinning combination for Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I am excited.
Mass X

RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jun 30, 2004 22:42
Also forgot to mention Finding Neverland releasing later this year
Rikka

RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jun 30, 2004 23:00
I am going to guess there is some sort of peter pan link going on there. I haven' t heard anything about this movie... make a thread MassX and tell me all about it. I rely on you for all the latest movie news,
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jul 01, 2004 00:35
Mass X have you seen Blow? Johnny Depp' s acting was brilliant in that film.
Mass X

RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jul 01, 2004 00:44
Indeed I have, and I agree. I been meaning to pick up the movie since its so cheap now, but I keep getting sidetracked.
MuteCity

• Total Posts : 159
RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jul 01, 2004 16:00
Back to back sequels for Pirates? Fear that....I hope they take some time to actually make a decent movie. Not that everyone enjoyed the first Pirates movie..but I did.
Rikka

RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jul 01, 2004 16:13
Mute City, I too loved Pirates and I fear a shoddy seque or two. I would hate to see them ruin such a good thing by rushing out products to keep the hype. Here' s hoping for the best.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jul 01, 2004 16:17
I can not wait for the wonka remake....i have been a die-hard fan of the original for such a long time....and i probably would protest the remaking if it weren' t being done by burton and depp....i cant imagine what its going to be like.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jul 01, 2004 16:40
Depp has the ability to save movies just on his acting ability, which is something a lot of today' s actors can' t do. Secret Window would have been just another movie, but Depp saved it from being trash. If you want to see Depp at his best, then I suggest you go and rent a movie called Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It' s probably going to be one of the weirdest movies you' ve ever watched, but he and Benicio Del Toro tear up the screen.

Also, I' d just like to say that I like Tim Burton and all, but the last time he directed was Planet of the Apes (was a producer for Big Fish I believe) and it was pretty horrible. The best thing about Burton is his unique vision, which is usually dark and twisted, so I' m going to be eager to see how he does Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Mass X

RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jul 01, 2004 17:39
No, he directed Big Fish.

Yahoo Movie Info Page--Scroll down a lil to cast and crew.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 7/1/2004 5:42:17 PM >
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Busy Johnny Depp - Jul 01, 2004 20:32

ORIGINAL: yoshimitsu15
If you want to see Depp at his best, then I suggest you go and rent a movie called Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It' s probably going to be one of the weirdest movies you' ve ever watched, but he and Benicio Del Toro tear up the screen.

Well, as you can tell by my avatar that is one of the best movies I' ve ever seen. I was gonna mention it and noticed you got to it before I could. Depp is amazing in this movie. Within minutes of the movie starting you forget that it' s even depp.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll