Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 01:14
Rampage, does the Zune support .wav and .avi formats?? I' m looking for something that supports both and will fit in my shirt pocket. The Zen Vision W looked great but that thing looks way too big for a shirt pocket..
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 01:20
I haven' t looked into what types of video it plays back yet. I know WMV works (that' s a given) but I' m not sure about AVI.

I' m praying the song skipping thing is easily fixable. If that problem is taken care of I' m 100% sold on this thing. If not, it' s going to be a problem because I' m primarily using it for music (duh) and listening to constat skips is going to drive me crazy.

Honestly you guys really need to see a video played on this screen. It' s incredible!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 01:27
320 x 240?! No thanks. My cellphone' s screen is the same resolution and is a damn sight sharper because it' s smaller.

My iPod Video doesn' t get used and the only thing i watch video on is my PSP (which happens to have a stunning screen), it' s just annoying it has to be MP4 formatted video.

Zune looks cooler than iPods video but the bulkiness is offputting. I don' t use my IPod video and ended up leaving the Vision M well alone for the same reason as Terry.

I pretty much take my laptop everywhere i go so the smaller the better when it comes to stuff like this. For audio i use a 4GB iPod Nano but i' m not even keen on that because iTunes is a comeplete annoyance.

Meh, DS Lite needs video playback...
Rampage99

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 03:08
Skipping problem fixed! I love my Zune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 04:12
Good, I know I had the same problem with my little 512 Zen Nano. (AKA SouthPark episode hub, I rarely use it for music anymore) But it was because I used their in house media player to upload. That thing was terrible.[:' (] I threw it all through WinMedia and it was much happier. Enjoy your Zune, and a fresh shower.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 04:17

For audio i use a 4GB iPod Nano but i' m not even keen on that because iTunes is a comeplete annoyance.
It' s why I don' t bother with Apple. If I did, I' d spend so much time decoding Itunes stuff to mp3 it' d drive me nuts.
Rampage99

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 04:33
I love the fact that the Zune software automatically converts (or it might just play) the iTunes format. That feature alone blew me away!
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 05:56
Zune is most assuredly something I am looking forward to getting, however I need to get past paying off some bills getting a Wii...then seeing if I have enough to get it :P
Rampage99

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 06:36
It' s definitely worth getting. It' s the same price as the iPod but has 25% more battery life, a bigger screen, awesome video quality, wireless connectivity, a FM tuner, looks better than pretty much every mp3 player out there (my personal opinion), has a great menu/interface, and overall just feels like a high quality item. It' s an awesome product. The only thing I really really really wanted the iPod for was the Nike+ feature for my runs. I can live without it though. I' m extremely happy with my purchase.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 17 Nov 06 22:36:57 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 09:19
Damn Rampage it sounds like you got one hell of a deal, and he tipped you 40$ on top of the 300$...what a guy.

You answered every question I had on my mind about Zune and sold me on the device. The only reason I would even consider buying another iPod when my nano dies is to have a player to support my songs, but if Zune can do it then I' m there.
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 18 Nov 06 1:41:27 >
Rampage99

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 09:22

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost
The only reason I would even consider buying another iPod when my nano dies is to have a plyer to support my songs, but if Zune can do it then I' m there.

Oh, it can. What a great purchase.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 09:25
Does the Zune have Line In stereo recording straight to uncompressed WAV? If not, then no sale.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message