Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Merrill Lynch estimates massive losses for the next 5 years for sonys ps3
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Merrill Lynch estimates massive losses for the next 5 years for sonys ps3 - Nov 15, 2006 22:37

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

ORIGINAL: JalleNalle

Sony can' t survive another 5 years of losses... they simply can' t. Unless they start making profits in the next year or two the company is literally going under completely.

Most of sonys profits doesn' t come from videogames. Maybe the Playstation won' t survive but Sony will.

What are you talking about?! The only thing making Sony profits is the game department! The PS2 is literally the only thing keeping them afloat along with massive loans. They have been loosing massive amounts of money in the rest of their departments. The PS3 is a last ditch effort by Sony to stay alive.

Y' know sony makes TVs, DVDs, Blu-ray Players, Walkmans, Mp3s etc etc.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Merrill Lynch estimates massive losses for the next 5 years for sonys ps3 - Nov 15, 2006 22:45
Yes and each department is loosing money! Do you think I' m an idiot? I' m not making this up. Their TV department has been failing because of stiff competition and Samsung is pretty much dominating them there. Their movie department has been loosing money like crazy. I think the last report said they lost at least a few hundred million dollars in that department. BluRay is already dead... why bring it up? Everyone that was backing BluRay left. Infact Sony is pretty much the only company using it. Sony has never created a successful storage medium, ever. Speaking of failed storage mediums... the walkman saw it' s shining glory years ago. It' s now gone the way of the dinosaur thanks to the Ipod.

Do a little research and you' ll see that sSony has been pretty much broke for years. Their games division is the only thing the allowed them to survive. Go read about the multimillion and multibillion dollar loans they have been taking out repeatedly just to fund themselves, or how they made 6% this fiscal year of what they did the last fiscal year. Sony is dying and the only way the can survive is if the PS3 takes off and the BluRay drive is accepted as the primary format for media. Sadly BluRay has already lost and the PS3 is going to do nothing but cost them money.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message