Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EA slams Gears of War
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 11, 2006 11:02
I think I had more fun with 60 minutes of GoW than I' ve had with every EA game combined.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 11, 2006 11:08
EA has bought every big title that has been milked out,then they milk it out even more.

They are funny EA,this must be ajoke.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 11, 2006 16:36
Way back in the early 80s, when EA still went by the full name Electronic Arts, and established themselves as premier developers for the Apple ][e and Commodore 64, they used to have a very cool philosophical statement printed on all of their packages. It basically said something to the effect of " we' re a group of electronic artists working to advance and explore this new medium of artistry, the video game" ... In those days, they listed the names of the programmers on the covers of the packages, because their idea was that these people were artists, just like musicians or authors of books.

But money changed everything for them apparently... gone is the mission statement, gone is the respect for developers and designers, and now they are a company driven by (not just supported by, but driven by) accountants and attorneys. F**k ' em.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 11, 2006 17:58
I think it started to change when Kit left them after the whole 3DO fiasco.

I did a lecture today on interactivity showing how good / bad some titles where, and how some games can break the rules and still be better than the sum of their parts.

EA always look to crow over some technical method, process or achievement in a game over the gameplay. They are really loosing this strand now and more than ever are having to design overly complex development process models to try to " re-create" original ip / creativity.

Anyways, as a lecture it picked on the flaws of gears and showed you how that you can subvert technology & the audience to create something new with supposedly " stayed" genres.

I have 4 mates working with EA, and normally i' d be in defence of them - but seriously, EA are actually getting worse. First the spyware in 2142, now this...
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 11, 2006 19:29
Hey, you guys! Remember all the great things the creative people of EA done. Hmm... Sims 2? Oh wait... Nevermind.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 14, 2006 01:53
EA is still very innovative guys. Think about it... they find new ways of taking people' s money every years while still selling them the same title over and over. If that' s not innovation (in scamming customers), I don' t know what is!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 14, 2006 09:23
Wanna know what EA knows about innovation? They know how to make a game where you get a ball hand it to someone else and they run down a 100 yard field and spin and never get touched.

Personally, i think GoW is the funnest game iv played since halo 2 first came out, except it didnt get boring that quick
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 14, 2006 10:57
As much as a dislike the way EA operate, they may prove themselves right on this occasion...

Army of Two trailer
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 14, 2006 12:37
I saw that army of two trailer looks bloody fun!

Not as good as GoW mind you, but a whole lot more fun.

Please tell me EA published it and didn' t make it, because I don' t think EA
can come up with something as interesting as that.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 14, 2006 14:57
Army of Two does look fun! And i might end up buying an EA game yet! But i wouldnt call it innovative either!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 14, 2006 18:01
Well to me the game looks crappy but it is really funny they are using a lot of the same cover things that GoW is. lol, he was probably so pissed because GoW has similiar features, was released already, and blows that game away in every category.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 14, 2006 18:18
As long as the co-op works properly then it could be a decent game. 3 days until EU gets Gears!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 15, 2006 02:41

As long as the co-op works properly then it could be a decent game. 3 days until EU gets Gears!

Ha I almost forgot you guys don' t even have it yet...sorry.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: EA slams Gears of War - Nov 15, 2006 03:51
I hate and really dont understand the point of not realising games globally, its possible i dont mind waiting one day, but anything more than that, they nearly deserve having their stuff pirated online for pulling moves like that. I nearly didnt bye Dead Rising because i was so pissed, and im pissed right now dammit MS
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message