Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 62
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 20:46
yes no problem. !
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 20:51
Nice.

So 360 is the first console to have 1080p (even if it' s " fake" 1080p), the native ability to play video from CD/DVD' s and stream video from a PC natively without the use of Media Center?!

Nice.

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 21:31
The multiplayer in Gears looks very washed out. That being said, it is mostly the
locust horde that lack serious colour, the humans seem to have a lot more colour
than their alien counterparts. Multi-player does look like fun, even if it' s nothing
revolutionary, I think the emphasis was on fun here.

I have become a queasy gamer, and the way the dead players bits move about
when they are kicked around after they are dead is disgusting. They look like real
nasty burnt bits of meat.[:' (]
Nitro

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 21:33
Wimp.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 21:34
Why do people call 1080p for 360 " fake" ,the 360 guy said,HDMI is just one way to get to 1080p,learn your facts.
Tiz

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 21:39
I' ll make sure to play with dead bits of your player Majik...

and don' t expect me to save you in the " down-but-not-out" but expect a firm curb
stomp (is that allowed?).

Also, when the " Hammer of Dawn" goes wrong.... hehe

I' LL BE THERE!!!!

So what if I' m a wimp.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 21:41
...AAA true next-gen must have... ...and another nail in the PC multiplayer coffin....
Tiz

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 21:47
The " down-but-not-out" stage....

Why do they bleed so excessively?? I' ve never seen so much blood in a game.

Well, maybe Kameo...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 21:50
Blood is good! They wanted ti to be an extremely gritty violent game and I think they' ve pulled it off.
Nitro

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 22:07

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Why do people call 1080p for 360 " fake" ,the 360 guy said,HDMI is just one way to get to 1080p,learn your facts.

Because it' s fake.

It' s nothing to do with the cables.

A 1080p scene would weigh in at about 8MB and 360 uses the 10MB eDRAM as a frame buffer, but you have to have the next image in the buffer at all times... ...so you need at least 16mb for the internal frame buffer. 8 for the outgoing scene and 8 for the one next one. You can' t double buffer because there isn' t enough space.

They could use predictive tiling but there are issues with it...

...basically the 360 would render the first tile to the eDRAM. MSAA and a few other effects are applied in the eDRAM, and then the finished tile would be written to the GDDR-3 memory. The GPU would then sends the next tile to eDRAM, which repeats the previous function and write the next tile to the GDDR-3. This would continue until all of the tiles are in GDDR-3 making the frame complete and it would then sent to and displayed on your TV.

That would be tricky because each frame would take too long to render and the framerate would be severely affected.

What they will to is upscale using the scaler chip. It won' t make much difference but it' s not " true" 1080p. It' s " fake" .

JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 22:16
Yeah, it does look really cool. I' m lucky i' ve pre-ordered since it' s probably gonna sell out quite fast. The games for PS3 look great, but after seing the Killzone video 2005 my expentations where high. And they weren' t met by long. Although I think that the PS3 is a slow starting console that is going to rule, maybe 2008.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Nov 01, 2006 01:01
Anyone know if it' ll be possible to control veichles in the multiplayer part of the game? Just saw some of the vids from it and thought it looked fun, however if there are no crafts, then I' ll definately not be getting it.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Nov 01, 2006 01:06
There are no crafts in MP in GoW.

I think crafts in MP is generately very overrated, it fits some games like battlefield, but GoW goes for a more counterstrike approach, where it just wouldnt fit!
Dionysius

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Nov 01, 2006 01:20
For me it' s a necessesity, with fps multiplayer games, these days. It' s all Halos fault, which i think wouldn' t have been as fun as it was in multiplayer, without the warthog.

But in worst case scenario, the game doesn' t have veichles than I can let it slide if it has some impressive physics. So the next question is, does it?

BTW: I found GRAW boring as hell on Live
< Message edited by dionysius -- 31 Oct 06 17:21:27 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Nov 01, 2006 01:29
Very true, Unless it has a gameplay system like Quake 3 (which it obviously hasnt), it will fall flat on its feet..

GOW does has its own cover / hide system which could make GOW multiplayer tho, Console shooter fans should find it a blast to play. (it does look q good system, anyway)

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 31 Oct 06 17:30:21 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Nov 01, 2006 01:33
Umm... I don' t understand how guy guys think the Gears multiplayer could be bad whether it has vehicles or not. Everyone that' s played it is blown away by it I haven' t read one impression where a person says it' s any less than great.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Nov 01, 2006 01:49
It looks really fun to me too! i mix of CS, R6 and Doom. very nice!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Nov 01, 2006 02:49

BTW: I found GRAW boring as hell on Live
Alright, then I' m not the only one. I love the single player, but I' m not sure it transfers well to online. I' ll give it a few more tries, maybe it' ll grow on me, but I' m just not seeing anything amazing.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Nov 01, 2006 02:51

**wonders what Gears will look like in 1080p**

I swear its not going to be display in 1080p, PLUS you will only see the benefits if you have a 50inch BEAST.
Dionysius

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Nov 01, 2006 02:56

mm... I don' t understand how guy guys think the Gears multiplayer could be bad whether it has vehicles or not. Everyone that' s played it is blown away by it I haven' t read one impression where a person says it' s any less than great.

Firstly, I haven' t tested it so I do not know wether it is fun or not, only going by my usual preferences.

Secondly, I am not " Everyone"

Also I did say I think it looks like fun (though all I have seen is videos of people playing the game), but even so it doesn' t seem like enough fun for me, to have it last a very long time, which the Halo multiplayer did for me.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 62

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message