Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3 (screenshots!)
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 64
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 01:58

PLEASE CAN YOU ALSO TRANSLATE THE FULL ARTICLE!!!

...fixed.....
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 05:01
Apparently, your secondary weapon will be visibly slung across your back. No more hiding the plasma sword while you draw in attackers by holding a single needler!

Also, there is some sort of device referred to as a " man cannon" (hopefully not the real name of it) which will shoot a player through the sky for long distances. You' re completely vulnerable, but you can also shoot at enemies while you' re flying in an arc across distances.
Bishonen

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 07:05
...more weaponry details from IGN:

The Brutes will be armed with Spike Grenades and Spike Rifles. The grenades are said to stick to walls and explode into a vicious blast of sharp projectiles. There' s also word on a new Spartan Laser, a difficult-to-control but powerful attack that can disable vehicles in a single hit. Pwned!

...huh? " Spike Rifles?" ... ....is that another new weapon to go with the dual-wield Spiker and the Spartan Laser??....

.....awessssoomeee!!!....

....i' m glad that Bungie are making the brutes a proper enemy class this time... ..in Halo 2 they were too similar to the elites (plus the Red Plasma Rifle was rubbish and the Brute Shot was even worse)....

...Halo 3' s controls are going to be different too:

In terms of control, the X button is said to change the way you play Halo. Mum is the word from Bungie. We only know that the bumpers are now used to reload, and the left bumper will reload a secondary weapon, if equipped.

..o_O...

...huh?...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 28 Oct 06 23:07:00 >
Bishonen

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 07:19
[image]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3068122[/image]

...hope all you EGM SUBSCRIBERS are getting your scanners warmed up.....

What if you could save your own movies from Halo 3' s single- and multiplayer gameplay and then rewatch them? In Halo 3, you can.

....O_O....
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 07:22
Is that the offcial cover for the next issue?

I' m just wondering why it says " Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360?" in the top right hand corner... That' d never happen.
Bishonen

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 07:46
....i don' t know what they' re playing at.... ...in the comments section, someone posts a link which features this:

[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=3061175[/image]

....and says that is the real cover... ...but the first image is newer?......
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 28 Oct 06 23:56:12 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 07:49
I heard the details, but I got here too late to see the screens :(
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 10:55
Nice screens, too bad I don' t get EGM.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 20:24
Mgs4 on 360? what, and Halo 3?, why dont they just say they just got the first hands on with the ps4 and the Nintendo pii.
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 22:53
That' s some mighty..Unimpressive stuff. The textures on the levels are nice, I' ll give' em that.

Oh and the EGM cover talking about MGS4 on the 360 is rather funny.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 30, 2006 04:36
yeah those graphics suck so bad, but its on alpha stage and those are multiplayer maps (single mode looks always better), bungie was never big on graphics, so this might be a clue of what to expect from these guys...
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 30, 2006 08:44
I sure hopw Microsoft is terrified of making this game anything but great and I hope this installment in the series will make me think it' s worthy of the praise it gets, and I' ll be damned if I get Halo 2 with triple wielding guns!
< Message edited by dionysius -- 30 Oct 06 0:45:23 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 30, 2006 09:29
Heh, scratch my last statement. I can see the screens now. I do agree it isn' t " amazing" looking and could pass for 2.5 currently, I am glad to hear it is in alpha currently though :)
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 30, 2006 10:06

ORIGINAL: Dionysius
I' ll be damned if I get Halo 2 with triple wielding guns!

I' ll be damned if it' s anything like Halo2. They better re-tool the whole thing to feel more like the first Halo. I' m honestly thinking about not buying this at launch just out of fear that' ll be just as horrible as Halo 2.
Dionysius

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 30, 2006 10:59
Just saw the screens myself and it really doesn' t look impressive, though hopefully this will change before the release, although the dude they interviewed did say something about going for a " cleaner" look, without lots of details.

Anyhow graphics is but one part of a game, although as important as any other part. Still, they don' t mention anything that makes the game stand out in the interview, only newer, cooler weapons and that you can reload each gun as you wish, when dual wielding... Hmmm... So I don' t get Halo 2 with triple wielding guns, instead I get Halo 2 with dual wielding guns that I can reload separately whenever I want!

Also, what' s up with the journalist stating that the " complex" of Halo would need to be unfolded and tied together in this final installment?! Halo had a complex story?! Since when, what did I miss?

Anyhow it might sound like I' m complaing, but if so, then it only shows that I have expectations of this game and I hope it will be good.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 30 Oct 06 2:59:46 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 30, 2006 16:53

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Is that the offcial cover for the next issue?

I' m just wondering why it says " Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360?" in the top right hand corner... That' d never happen.

if it sould happend in which part of his body would Peter Moore tatoo the release date??? in his " old snake" ¡¡¡ dear god i hope not
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 30, 2006 18:50
fuck, I just realized they are bringing back dual wielding weapons. Dual wielding sucks, that in itself ruined Halo 2. Well that and shitty level design.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 30, 2006 20:20

fuck, I just realized they are bringing back dual wielding weapons. Dual wielding sucks, that in itself ruined Halo 2. Well that and shitty level design.

Well atleast they were a tad bit better than Halo:CE
Bishonen

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 30, 2006 22:16

Also, what' s up with the journalist stating that the " complex" of Halo would need to be unfolded and tied together in this final installment?! Halo had a complex story?! Since when, what did I miss?

...well i wouldn' t know as i can' t read Swedish, but i' d guess that he' s probably referring to Halo' s wider universe as portrayed in the popular books...

...huh? " Spike Rifles?" ... ....is that another new weapon to go with the dual-wield Spiker and the Spartan Laser??....

...uuuuhh... ...i think the " Spiker" is actually the Spike Rifle.... ...most likely the Brute' s own version of the Elite' s Plasma Rifle (dual wield, rapid fire rate ect)...
Dionysius

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 31, 2006 04:32

Original: Kikizo article
In addition to the now more-usual two, Halo 3 will also reportedly also come in a Legendary edition. This package includes four discs - game, documentaries, fan-made content, and high-definition versions of the all the cut scenes from the series.

If only the 360 could play Blue-Ray
< Message edited by dionysius -- 30 Oct 06 20:41:10 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 64

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message