Splinter Cell DA impressions

Papado
  • Total Posts : 234
  • Reward points : 0
Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 21, 2006 22:45
Who has gotten it and what do you think? Personally, I' d like to make the following points:
1_ The sam Fisher model is incredibly detailed, including his clothes, expressions, skin, etc....
2_ Some (more than I would like) of the enemies are not. Maybe it would take more processing power or something of the sort, I don' t know. The only thing I do know is that when you have sam Fisher in incredibly detailed clothing where you can actually tell the difference betwene cotton or leather or how thick the weave is, etc... and the ave the enemies wearing what look like garbage bags in different colors, it really destroys the illusion of realism.
3_ Sam for the most (98%) part is very well animated, but most of the enemies and other NPCs are not. Again, really makes it difficult to suspend your disbelief, which is especially crucial in a Clancy game, where realism is supposed to be key.
4_ Really love the Shanghai mission.
5_ Those moments where you are tasked with killing people ujp close and personal, like the helicopter pilot in the begining, are extremely well done and realistic. Good job SC team!

That' s it for now; when I think of more I' ll add them in. I really hope Ubisoft release a patch to correct the issues, but for the most part, it' s a good game, and I' m happy to have it (haven' t tried the multiplayer yet, so really looking forward to that too!).

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 00:00
I disagree with your take on the NPCs. I was loooking at how incredible the guards where in the second mission of the game. Of course Sam looks the best but they definitely made some really good looking NPCs. Their animations were done very well too imo. I love the game.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

_Ninja_Protocol_
  • Total Posts : 212
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 01:29
I havn' t gotten around to buying Splinter Cell: DA, and what I' ll probably do is just rent it. I considered the first SC fantastic...SC: Pandora, was " meh" ...but SC: Choas was fantastic. I just don' t think the Shanghi people are able to add that majic touch of realism into the SC series like the European Dev. (Montrial?...sp?)
...Random Madness, Forward...

steptechdotnet
  • Total Posts : 91
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 03:42
I actually love it, I love the way the music ramps up when an enemy is close, my heart starts racing everytime. The shanghia level blew me away(I' m still on it, don' t want it to end). I do agree that UBI montreal would do a more bang up job, because I was really bummed about the framerate hits in certain places. I' m really worried about this, why do you think this is still happening this late in the 360' s life cycle. I mean this is Ubisoft, if they' re having problems, It sort of worries me. Love my 360, but I though frame stutters would be a thing of the past, especially with ps3 this close.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 04:26

of realism into the SC series like the European Dev. (Montrial?...sp?)

because Montreal is in europe ?

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 04:40

because Montreal is in europe ?

Montreal is Canadian. Anyway, I agree that they are the best Ubi dev group, but most of Ubi is good as well.

Maybe its just those Canadians, after all, look at Bioware.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 05:31
I just started the super tanker level and so far i' m uber impressed. I only bought the game a couple of hours ago and i won' t be able to play it next week as i' m going home for the entire week.

I will however get to play CoD3 and Viva Pinata on Monday at the Trafford Centre in Salford so ha!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 07:01
I' ve only played the online component, and I' m not completely happy with the way the merc' s move. I' m talking about playing with npc' s, all they do is run around their set track, and shoot anything in their way. Not very realistic. I' ve heard great things about the single player though, so I might end up renting it.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 10:02
So far Im loving it. I havent actually noticed any framedrops tho... which level suffers from it the most?

Im on the Shanghai level right now and its so friggin awsome! But I wanna try online...just not with AI opponents so whenever you guys are on at the sametime send me an invite.

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 10:09
I still dont know what the fuck I' m doing, playing through tutorial again.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 14:55
The beginning levels felt like they had no real direction it was confusing as fuck.

Alecrein
  • Total Posts : 762
RE: Splinter Cell DA impressions - Oct 22, 2006 14:58
I' m loving it, great addition to the Splinter Cell Series.
" What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things."
~ Unknown ~