Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ps3 games for US$59.99
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 14:40

How the fuck are they the ones stealing your money when they actually give you the option of what you want, unlike sony that just throws crap in their console that i dont need or want so they can charge you an arm and a leg.

And how long do you think Sony will keep online play free? when they start charging people for it, PSL or what ever they call it, will fail due the fact that noone wants to play ps3 games for a cost.

COOL, Microsoft is giving us the choice of what we should have in XBox 360?
How nice of them, if I decide I' d rather want a Bluray-player for mine, instead of DVD, or HD-DVD, where can I find it, and how much does it cost?

And noone can tell for certain that Sony means to provide free online gameplay forever.
They have said they will not charge us for online gaming in the forseeable future, they' ve said that some server-intensive games like Massive Multiplayer RPG' s and similar will be charged, however I think XBox is the only platform wich is beeing charged for small-numbered multiplayer games.

I don' t think Sony charged for basic online gaming ever, not on PS2, neither did they do it on PSP. It seems to work for them.

I think that Microsoft gets away by charging for online gaming simply because they do not allow any competition on their platform.
I' m sure just as many people who run Counterstrike servers would run Halo-servers if they had the option to do so, for unmodded xbox' es.
But anyway on 99% of all online console gaming, all the servers do is to:
- Handle Your Stats, Friends list, Clan list, Msg system, and get you into a game wich is usually hosted on the console with the most bandwith.

Many people provides it for free, and as of now, Sony is one of them.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 15:29

first, GT and ratchet and clank suck, God of War is a decent game. the key word there is decent, you cant compare it to games such as fable.

Sure Ratchet & Clank suck, same with Gran Turissimo.. no fun at all..
I guess if we asked you Socom, Everquest, Star Wars, Singstar, Daxter, etc. sucks aswell.. noone could possibly want to play those franchises..

I think you missed the keyword here, it' s TASTE really, not decent..

If you prefer to run around in Halo mindlessly shooting other people wich coincidentally is mindlessly doing the same thing, there might be alot of clever people who love a game where they run around solving riddles, jumping around with a nifty litle creature, while others prefer to a game where they get their own garage of cars, driving around in the self-tuned cars of theirs. There even is other people who think it' s hillarious to hear their friends singing in a Singstar-game.

It' s similar to food. It' s important for a catering company to able to serve all sorts of dishes, and it' s also important to be able to serve the food often, you can' t make a giant meal, and let it stay in two year and expect the people to eat it then.

Sure Sony were good last generation getting exclusives from third party, but it' s not like they didn' t make dozens of new triple A titles themselves. :)
< Message edited by KongRudi -- 21 Oct 06 7:30:01 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 15:33

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

first, GT and ratchet and clank suck, God of War is a decent game. the key word there is decent, you cant compare it to games such as fable.

next, Halo is not MS made, its made by bungie. how can you say MS produces nothing but trash? Sonys quality to deliver was shit, what good games does sony have? God of War, the rest are on another console.

Sony will be in no league after the ps3 becomes the failure its destined to be. Actually it wasnt in any league to begin with. you cannot compare Sony to Capcom, Konami, Bioware, and definatly not nintendo. And as MS not being in the same " league" as sony, i say bs, as iv said before, what games have sony made that didnt suck? God of War.

Yes, Ratchet & GT suck, thats why they both scored 90%+ ratings on practically every magazine and website, because they suck. Sure. Retard.

MS owns bungie, therefor Halo is an MS game. Are you seriously that fucking retarded that you can' t grasp the connection? That' s like saying Sonic isn' t a sega game because Sonic Team made it.

Name quality Sony games? That' s easy.

Gran Turismo, Ratchect & Clank, God Of War, ICO, Mark Of Kri, Shadow Of the Colossus, Twisted Metal Black, Ape Escape, etc.

And let' s not forget genre defining games like Everquest, Sony turned a genre nobody gave a fuck about into one of the most popular and profitable genres.

MS cannot even come close to Sony in game developing, that' s just a fact.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 21 Oct 06 9:40:16 >
Evil Man

RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 15:47
As far as options go - what the fuck are you talking about?

MS doesn' t give you the option of having high capacity disks for gaming - they force you to go with DVD, the HD-DVD drive doesnt do anything for games. MS forces people to stick with a pathetic last-gen format.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 21 Oct 06 7:48:44 >
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 17:12

there is NO reason for X360 games to cost the same as PS3 ones.

Yes there is. If you want uber detailed graphics with more geometry, textures and effects. Plus realistic physics, AI etc, it' s going to take double the amount of people to do this with the same development timeframe as a last gen release.

Someone' s going to have to pay aren' t they. Dev costs for 360 are only cheaper in terms of the cost of the dev kits I believe, and not having to purchase additional middlewhere if you don' t want to use a more low level approach which you do on PS3. Devs used to to easier middleware solutions to development will have have to buy additional software to make PS3 easier to make games for, whereas 360 has easier tools out the box making such a perchase not an essential requirement.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 21 Oct 06 9:12:55 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 17:17

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Gamespot has every PS3 game on pre-order for $59.99

Assasin' s Creed, Call of Duty 3, Marvel UA, and Rainbow 6: Vegas are not first party games.

The price of X360 controllers is also $50, what' s your point? Was that supposed to be shocking info or something? LOL.

Didn' t a retailer say that several days ago (1st party) games were available for preorder for US$50? That changed pretty quickly

Assassins creed? I don' t think thats a launch title anyway are you sure these are on BRD or on normal DVDs? If so weres the link.

As for the ps3 controller - its the same controller design (no R&D costs) as the ps2 minus rumble plus wireless plus half the motion sensing capabilities of the Wiimote - you do the maths. How much does the ps2 controller cost these days? US$30?
Evil Man

RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 17:44

ORIGINAL: Kyo.k

there is NO reason for X360 games to cost the same as PS3 ones.

Yes there is. If you want uber detailed graphics with more geometry, textures and effects. Plus realistic physics, AI etc, it' s going to take double the amount of people to do this with the same development timeframe as a last gen release.

Someone' s going to have to pay aren' t they. Dev costs for 360 are only cheaper in terms of the cost of the dev kits I believe, and not having to purchase additional middlewhere if you don' t want to use a more low level approach which you do on PS3. Devs used to to easier middleware solutions to development will have have to buy additional software to make PS3 easier to make games for, whereas 360 has easier tools out the box making such a perchase not an essential requirement.

Um, are you slow?

Ok, we can agree PS3 games are probably more than likely more expensive to develop. And we can agree that DVDs produced in mass cost less than 1/2 a penny per disc.

So why are X360 games the same price when its cheaper to develop for, and the medium it' s on is cheaper to produce as well? Despite developing costs they would save millions just putting the medium on DVD instead of bluray.

I repeat, there is no reason X360 games should be the same price as PS3 games. There is cheaper development costs on 360, and cheaper physical production costs as well, X360 games should be $50, $55 at most, not $60.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 21 Oct 06 9:46:20 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 18:10
Posted in the wrong thread. Silly me.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 22 Oct 06 16:47:24 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 21:57
...did i miss something?...

...i thought it was already cast in stone that PS3 games were gonna cost $100....

....you guys are just toying with Bishonen, right?.......
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 22, 2006 00:08

Sure Ratchet & Clank suck, same with Gran Turissimo.. no fun at all..
I guess if we asked you Socom, Everquest, Star Wars, Singstar, Daxter, etc. sucks aswell.. noone could possibly want to play those franchises..

How is Star Wars exclusive to Sony? The best Star Wars game was on Xbox and PC(KOTOR) And why yes, Socom and Everquest do suck. Ive always wanted to play a 3rd person shooter on inferior hardware(PS2) and and MMORPG that wasnt all that MMO when I have hundereds of better options on my PC.
Evil Man

RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 22, 2006 07:00
All of the " options" you have on PC are CLONES of Everquest. If you can' t see how influencial EQ was in MMORPGs you are fucking retard and should just STFU. EQ is the Mario 64 of MMORPGs.
Evil Man

RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 22, 2006 07:02

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx
Ive always wanted to play a 3rd person shooter on inferior hardware(PS2) a

That pretty much confirms you are a fanboy, and not even a real gamer.

" It' s on inferior hardware" is not a reason to not like a game for real gamers, you' re the typical dumb fuck that just plays GTA & Madden and doesn' t know anything about videogames.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 22, 2006 07:06

I disagree.

Most Sony 1st party games are worth every cent they go for, Shadow Of The Colossus, God Of War, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

As far as I' m concerned the only good MS-made game are the Halo games, everything else they' ve produced is trash. All the top xbox games besides Halo 1 & 2 were all 3rd party titles, they cant come close to sony' s ability to deliver qualiy games,
They' re worth every cent, I didn' t mean I don' t like them. It' s just that I think they charge too much for them. However, there' s no cheaper way to get them (legally), so I' m stuck shelling out top dollar.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 21 Oct 06 23:07:17 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread