IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3)

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 16:45
Interesting quotes from the video....

" (Generally speaking)When you see the 360 version and you see the PS3 right next to it and 360 is by and large looking better." - Matt C

" (Marvel Alliance) is running in 1080P on the PS3 which is cool but it was also running much slower, the framerate was not nearly as nice." - Matt C

" Call of Duty was far and away better looking on the 360" - Matt C

" (PS3) may not have a very strong line up...but you can go back and play a great majority of the PS1 and PS2 games.." Jeremy Dunham from PS3 IGN

" I dont think there is a reason to rush out and pick up a PS3...unless you are one of those types of people..." - Jeremy Dunham from PS3 IGN

LINK

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
  • Reward points : 0
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 16:49

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

" I dont think there is a reason to rush out and pick up a PS3...unless you are one of those types of people..." - Jeremy Dunham from PS3 IGN

Even if you did rush out, you won' t be able to get your hands on one anytime soon.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 18:13
HAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHa

SUX TO OWN A PS3 NOW DOESNT IT?!
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Alecrein
  • Total Posts : 762
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 18:31
Good Episode! :)
" What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things."
~ Unknown ~

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 18:39
No a playstation has the Playstation 3 logo, with the super cool spiderman font, yeah, id own it just for that!

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 19:45

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

HAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHa

SUX TO OWN A PS3 NOW DOESNT IT?!

Comments like this confuse me.

Is it simply fanboy talk? Perhaps it' s just to annoy the extreme sony fanboys here at kikizo? Because from some members who claim, " It' s all about the games" or " I don' t care about the consoles just the games" it seems strange to be insulting a machine for having worse ports (One that is earlier in it' s life cycle, i might add).

I wish you' d all grow up, sony fanboys, microsoft fanboys, it' s old, Get over it.

As for the original post:

" (Generally speaking)When you see the 360 version and you see the PS3 right next to it and 360 is by and large looking better." - Matt C

I would imagine this down to development time with ps3 (it is harder to program for after all). and likely made for 360 and ported to ps3.

" (Marvel Alliance) is running in 1080P on the PS3 which is cool but it was also running much slower, the framerate was not nearly as nice." - Matt C

They still have time to work that out, however that' s sony' s fault for pushing 1080p especially so early in the machines life. I' d rather have like microsoft do, 720p and make it as good as it can be, rather than sacrifice for 1080 that i' ll not likely use.

" (PS3) may not have a very strong line up...but you can go back and play a great majority of the PS1 and PS2 games.." Jeremy Dunham from PS3 IGN

True, i guess. Sony though still havent mention what the ps3 will do with the older games. Also some people i know don' t like going back to play old games once he got a 360... I' d imagine its a widely thought thing for most games
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Nitro
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 20:06
Meh, it goes hand in hands with Ubisoft saying that their multiplatform titles won' t look as good on PS3 as they do on 360 because of the RAM issue. It' ll be the same for all games, ...360 will have sharper textures, we already know that, just like we know PS3 can' t do HDR + FSAA.

That being said, most multi-platform games are being developed on 360 and ported to PS3 and so it' s a given that the results won' t be a good. Games developed for the PS3 from the ground up will fare better, but the machine isn' t all Sony claim it to be graphically.

And Quez was taking the piss. The only extreme fanboys here are Gaiden and MikayD.

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 20:15
But its stupid to point all these out, as its down to development time..

The guys behing Motor Storm have had more time with the Ps3' s dev kits / Software than all the devs mentioned up there..

And i dont see anything on 360 looking anywhere as good a Motostorm. This is what concerns me the most, the potential of the PS3 is way above 360.

I think you' ll have to wait this time next year to see the difference.. (360 should be maxed out, and Ps3 should be in swing but still more potential).

Vx Chemical
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 20:27
We are all joking on Sony' s behalf because they' v uttered so much bullshit, and normal people without special insight in the workings of the consoles they eat it up like candy, which really isnt fair.

Gaiden BLACK
  • Total Posts : 675
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 20:31

And Quez was taking the piss. The only extreme fanboys here are Gaiden and MikayD.

Ya getting old Majik heard it all before come up with something new please.

We all know you have your dick lodged up Quez' s arse, what he said was typical of Quez but then you come rushing to his aid.

And then my name gets brought into ......... i am gonna so punish you at GRAW.

Rest in PEACE Cetra and GANGSTA you guys will be missed..........

Vx Chemical
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 20:48

And i dont see anything on 360 looking anywhere as good a Motostorm. This is what concerns me the most, the potential of the PS3 is way above 360.

IT' s not really, you have been told a million times why not!

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 > PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 21:54

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

You can' t be serious. Motorstorm looks like ass compared to heaps of games (coming out on either PS3 or 360). Give me an Oblivion landscape anyday. Much nicer than crap that' s been disguised by motion blur.

I think you' ll have to wait this time next year to see the difference.. (360 should be maxed out, and Ps3 should be in swing but still more potential).

Come back in 2009, as that' s when both consoles will be hitting their peak.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 19 Oct 06 13:58:04 >

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 19, 2006 22:54

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

But its stupid to point all these out, as its down to development time..

The guys behing Motor Storm have had more time with the Ps3' s dev kits / Software than all the devs mentioned up there..

What the F*ck are you talking about?! If I hear somebody say Motorstorm looks good I' m going to punch a baby! The game looks f*cking horrible, it controls like crap, and it' s a horrible game allaround. Don' t tell me I' m wrong either because I actually played it.

That last sentence is bulshit too. the 360' s tech won' t be utilized for at least another few years... they might not even fully use it in its life cycle. Don' t make stupid statements like that.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

f3hunter
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 00:10

What the F*ck are you talking about?! If I hear somebody say Motorstorm looks good I' m going to punch a baby! The game looks f*cking horrible, it controls like crap, and it' s a horrible game allaround. Don' t tell me I' m wrong either because I actually played it.

First of all, dont tell me how the hell its going to play, as soon as i seen the PS3 controller and the fact its ultra light and has no rumble, its pretty obvious theres not going to be much feelin playing the game. (Wii excite truck should makes MS feel ' weak' .)

Secondly, i have 3 high res trailers of this game being played at the TGS and it ' clearly' looks / runs better than any 360 game ive seen.. easily, even friends who dont understand / play games can tell the difference.. If you really have seen the game for yourself and think it looks shite, then you really need your eyes testing..

Apart from VF5, i dont care for any of the two consoles So my thoughts on MS' s visuals is coming from the sideline.

That last sentence is bulshit too. the 360' s tech won' t be utilized for at least another few years... they might not even fully use it in its life cycle. Don' t make stupid statements like that.

OK, lets see if big titles being made this time next year dont push the 360 to it limits.. and lets see this time next year if PS3 titles wont start to look head and shoulders above 360 ones..
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 19 Oct 06 16:18:43 >

Vx Chemical
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 00:43
god damn it F3hunter you spend so much time thinking we all hate the PS3, but all thats really being said, it aint all that.

You should listen to rampage, he and majik knows their stuff!

Gaius IV
  • Total Posts : 139
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 00:43
Ermm...Have you seen Lost odyssey?
what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 00:50
Graphically, Lost Odyssey is amazing, but gameplay-wise, it hardly sets the
bar for anything so far.

Not the revolutionary title I was kind of hoping for..

Hopefully that changes when he reveals a bit more of the battle system, but I
80% doubt it, but the other 20% in me hopes the battle system will be less
bolted down, boring, and dated.
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Nitro
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 01:10

Runs at 30fps too.

Gaius IV
  • Total Posts : 139
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 01:11
I know. It' s just when people talk about how they aren' t impressd graphically by the 360, I feel I always have to remind them about lost odyssey.

I don' t mind the way the gameplay is at the mo, although it' ll change. But I' m fine with it, and so are fans of traditional rpg' s who like turn based games. Turn based has never really changed since FF1- FF X, FF 12 tired to change it but it' s looking like FF13 is going back to the old system. The only change in these types of games is graphics and minor gameplay features, but the formula is always the same and will remained the same ever since sakaguchi created it. Blue dragon uses the same system but people seem to only be dissapointed with lost odyssey which I don' t understand. Yeah the intro was cool because he took on soo many enemies then the tranistion happend. Would it have been better if there was no transition? So people don' t compare the gameplay to the intro? Maybe, because it seems thats what most people compare the gamplay to and become dissapointed.

Again! Remember it' s a turn based rpg, it' s about patience and taking your time to think about attacks and healing.
what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women!

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 01:33

Original: F3
OK, lets see if big titles being made this time next year dont push the 360 to it limits.. and lets see this time next year if PS3 titles wont start to look head and shoulders above 360 ones..

Ok, do you not understand hardware at all? The 360s GPU is more powerful. Period. The GPUs are actually about on par, with the huge exception of the 360s built in EDRAM, which handles AA, Resolution, etc.(which all take huge hits on the framerate and graphics on a standard GPU). Why was it that Sony fanboys love to throw accusations of fanboyism at anyone who does not absolutely love garbage like Motorstorm. The PS3 hardware is inferior, with the exception of the Disc Drive and the larger HDD(which is on all consoles, something I compliment them for). This isnt a hardware debate thread, but if youre going to make claims, back it up with something.

Thank you, have a nice day, leave you flame burnt suit by the door on your way out.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

f3hunter
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 01:42
lol, LO, the game that has great FMV that goes into Realtime with an instant performance hit and has standard animation. like most 360 games ive seen.

And Majic showing me a re-sized/scaled image isnt going to stop the direct feed videos i have look any worse than stunning.

f3hunter
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 01:57

The 360s GPU is more powerful. Period. The GPUs are actually about on par, with the huge exception of the 360s built in EDRAM, which handles AA, Resolution, etc.(which all take huge hits on the framerate and graphics on a standard GPU).

I knew about this last year, before i brought a 360 and was expecting it to clearly blast out graphics, smoothness better than my PC and its inferior GPU.. Im still actually waiting to see a game that does this

Why was it that Sony fanboys love to throw accusations of fanboyism at anyone who does not absolutely love garbage like Motorstorm. The PS3 hardware is inferior, with the exception of the Disc Drive and the larger HDD(which is on all consoles, something I compliment them for). This isnt a hardware debate thread, but if youre going to make claims, back it up with something.

lol me Sony fan?? Both Sony and MS can go bollocks,.. Im a SEGA / Nintendo console fan..

Oh, and for hardware Visuals /FPS' s... Im saving up for a next gen multi-core PC. So MS and Sony can go bollocks again..

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 19 Oct 06 18:11:13 >

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 05:36

Ya getting old Majik heard it all before come up with something new please.

We all know you have your dick lodged up Quez' s arse, what he said was typical of Quez but then you come rushing to his aid.

And then my name gets brought into ......... i am gonna so punish you at GRAW.

So true lol It really is becoming old ya know

Gaiden BLACK
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 05:44
yo mikay whats your plan for ps3 launch?

oh yeh whats your gamertag?........ i got my 360 back

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 05:47
Alright children, time for your naps!

Back on topic, it' s interesting, but not quite news. It' s just one more example of ps3' s muddy textures and early development problems. What in my opinion is more important, is what they' re going to do about them. I know the idea of flash RAM was floating around here to combat the bottleneck the ps3' s got.

Ikashiru
  • Total Posts : 649
  • Reward points : 24890
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 08:50

Oh, and for hardware Visuals /FPS' s... Im saving up for a next gen multi-core PC. So MS and Sony can go bollocks again..

That would be ' Games for Windows ' then?

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 08:59

yo mikay whats your plan for ps3 launch?

oh yeh whats your gamertag?........ i got my 360 back

Well for the PS3 launch I' ll will have to pick the bad boy up on the secound launch
I couldent get mine preordered

Gamer Tag Mikay D

Hey Gaiden we should play battle field 2142 on the pc I just bought it yesterday and it rocks and rolls we should play.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 08:59

That would be ' Games for Windows ' then?

Man that new label for PC games sucks. The whole point of the PC was that it didn' t have a label... [:' (]
< Message edited by choupolo -- 20 Oct 06 1:00:49 >

Gaiden BLACK
RE: IGN Weekly Episode 29 (360 &gt; PS3) - Oct 20, 2006 18:43

Hey Gaiden we should play battle field 2142 on the pc

I would love to man but my PC can barely handle City of Villians