PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony..

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 77 of 77
Gaiden BLACK
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 0
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:05
I understand what your saying dosent mean i have to agree i still think its the future.

*Off topic* If i get a 12month xboxlive subscription can i still keep my existing gamertag and gamerscore?
Rest in PEACE Cetra and GANGSTA you guys will be missed..........

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:07

Thank you Eddie

I feel loved ive got BACKUP hehe

Any time. Let' s not continue debating with that guy. If he' s not willing to learn, why bother teaching?

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:23

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

I understand what your saying dosent mean i have to agree i still think its the future.

*Off topic* If i get a 12month xboxlive subscription can i still keep my existing gamertag and gamerscore?

Ofcourse.

it doesn' t mean that it should be in the same enviroment but rather creat diffrent enviroment that require those diiffrent textures, so you won' t see too many recycled textures and envirmoment that look alike (AKA: FEAR) .

This is a good, and increasingly popular argument in favour of Blu-Ray and it certainly holds weight. The only real argument against it is that more textures means longer and more expensive development, and more effort. It' ll likely take time for this kind of thing to materialize and it wouldn' t be a common thing amongst smaller developers, but for those willing to put the effort and money into it it' s a valid possibility.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:27

This is a good, and increasingly popular argument in favour of Blu-Ray and it certainly holds weight. The only real argument against it is that more textures means longer and more expensive development, and more effort. It' ll likely take time for this kind of thing to materialize and it wouldn' t be a common thing amongst smaller developers, but for those willing to put the effort and money into it it' s a valid possibility.
It' s up to the developers in the end, as it usually is. If they want to cop out for the same textures, and the same character models, and have open space on their Blu-Ray disk, that' s them being lazy. It' s a nice option, but it' s going to be the developers in the end that actually change that, and in my opinion, not the format.

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:39
Funny how so many threads get out of hand these days....

Well as for the extra space afforded by blu-ray, i say great. Sure there is a cost involved and it' s a pain but in the end i think it wont be in vain. Of course you can argue either way your point on this issue until the cows come home without getting anywhere.

I will say though, that a lot of people have issues with CG it seems. Whilst i think it isn' t always necessary (just look at shenmue) i do find it very nice. I know while playing through Final Fantasy I keep wishing all the cutscenes were CG. And for sure CG in HD with 5.1/7.1 audio, multiple languages etc etc blah blah blah.... So yeah FOr me, it' s all good
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Nitro
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:46
CG blows. While i' ve never liked it and always prefered realtime cutscenes using ingame assets like those found in the MGS series, i do see the appeal. They were all the rage during the Playstation era but they' ve become much less popular over the past couple of years.

Now that you can get stunning results from realtime cutscenes like those seen in Gears of War, MGS4, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden Sigma etc.. i see no need for CG.

Gaiden BLACK
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:47
Majik how do i go about doing that?

Because i wanna get that xboxvision camera bundle do i just buy it and then switch my account over?

Nitro
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:48

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

Because i wanna get that xboxvision camera bundle do i just buy it and then switch my account over?

I don' t understand. What are you using right now?

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:56

I havnt bought a 12 month card since i got my 360, iv just been using my credit card, but if its like the original xbox you just go to privacy or somthing like that and enter the serial number

Gaiden BLACK
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 07:58
I have a xbox live account which is silver now instead of renewing it and paying 40pound, i want to buy that xbox camera bundle which gives you a 12 month subscription.

What i wanna know is will be able to keep my Rusanagi gamertag and gamerscore by using that 12month subscription thing?

mastachefbkw
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 08:02
you should be able to, if not just get somthing different. Do you have anything worth keeping on your silver subscription?

Or if all else fails buy the cheaper bundle camera and just upgrade to a gold subscription.

Nitro
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 08:02
When you get the camera you' ll get a [scratch] card, kinda like phone credit. You need to enter that when signed into your account.

You want; Marketplace, then Redeem Code, enter the 25 character code and viola, 12 months added!

Gaiden BLACK
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 08:09
ok cool sweet thanks man, i was getting worried there didnt wanna lose my gamertag or score.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 09:57
I' m still yet to see anything as impressive as Oblivion. The scale, the detail, the atmposphere, etc. Even GoW/Mass Effect/MGS4/any other next gen game I' ve seen (released or not) have not impressed me as much as Oblivion has.

Bethesda aren' t renowned for having the best optimization skills out there but if they can fit a game that epic on a DVD with of room to spare, then there' s still plenty of life left in DVD yet.

mastachefbkw
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 12:05
Oblivion is one of the most detailed looking game iv seen. However it has more glitches than halo 2 had super bounces, and thats sayin somthin

KongRudi
  • Total Posts : 220
  • Reward points : 8255
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 12:06
What Ohil they mean when they say animation, they doesn' t necesarrily mean CG-movies.

When you are in a game like Resistance forinstance, and decides to shoot out a window with a pistol, from a certain angle, it will load a animation wich makes it seem like the window break apart realisticly in a certain way.

If you go on the other side of the room, and shoot the same window, it will load the same animation, and break the window but show the animation in a different angle, but if there is a wall behind, the same animation can' t be used, since it would show the glass going through the wall behind, landing in a different room.
Then it will also need to load a animation, wich shows the glass-pieces stopping on the wall landing on the floor.
If you use a shotgun, it will need different animations again, because the glass-pieces would look different.

Also, games could show different wounds on people, if you use a sniper-rifle on someones head, and go over to find the body afterwards, and see that all the blood is seeping out of a big gaping wound on your dead foes chest it pulls you out of the immersion.

A person killed by a shotgun, could look different than a person killed by six pistol-shots.

Stuff like that, is just a single example. :)

But, yes, we don' t need it...
A car work just as well, even if it uses ropes instead of safety belts..
But better and more convenietnt to use safety belts.

As for HD quality movies; Bluray ain' t more a trojan than DVD is, if you want to compress something in MPeg4, MS would most likely get a good chunk of the licensing fees, while you could get just asd good quality on the free MPeg2, but it will take more room.
The consumer will end up paying, but Sony and Microsoft gains their money differently. :)

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 13:15
Its Good to see you Gaiden BLACK holding things down for the Sony camp.
But really Blueray is needed for games I would rather have the space than need it and not have it

That' s like saying there no need for condoms

Eddie the hated I like your style Keep that up

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:07

That' s like saying there no need for condoms

So you wishing you used one just about now? Getting kept up at night?

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:09
I can' t believe I am still awake...

Mikay, go to your room.
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Vx Chemical
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:10
Still awake? dammit i just got up!

Tiz
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:14
I have work at 3pm... But I just can' t sleep... Maybe it' s the anticipation of
Double Agent... I' m also having great difficulty spelling as well.

Well, PS3 games on a 25gb drive??

The best game for the PS3 is Assassins Creed, and that' s coming out with
DVD9 equivalence, and at 720p...

This talk is silly anyway... We should just enjoy games... Is it possble to sleep
with your eyes open?

Vx Chemical
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:19

Is it possble to sleep
with your eyes open?

ive seen people do it! It' s quite scary!

Tiz
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:20
I think I did it once when I watched Species without my mums permission, on
a beanbag of course.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:21
I can sleep with one eye open, if I' m extremely tired and trying to stay awake at the same time. I actually saw my room and my dream at once.

Vx Chemical
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:22
Werent you allowed because it supposedly was scary, or because of the nudity of the chick/monster

Tiz
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:27
The nudity, my mum didn' t have aproblem with horror, she let us watch
Poltergheist 1-3 (there goes my alarm again) all in one night.

Mind you, I was 12 at the time.. (Or 13, but I know I was a little pint)

I think that chick is hot from Species though..

Vx Chemical
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 14:32
Natascha Henstridge or something like that aint it?

Yeah i think i was aroun 14 or so! nudity rocked then, and it still does! Too bad Alba wont get naked on screen, Scarlett Johansen is willing to though, and thats nice!"

Alecrein
  • Total Posts : 762
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 15:02
Unless I am mistaken (which I probably am) isn' t the blu-ray disc because of how much data is in it, easier to damage? Seeing as how the disc is filled wouldn' t the data be closer to the top layer so inevitable a tiny scratch could ruin a $60-$70 game.
" What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things."
~ Unknown ~

Vx Chemical
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 15:30

Unless I am mistaken (which I probably am) isn' t the blu-ray disc because of how much data is in it, easier to damage? Seeing as how the disc is filled wouldn' t the data be closer to the top layer so inevitable a tiny scratch could ruin a $60-$70 game.

why arent you talking about nudity?

Well to answer that, im i think i read that they are having an exstra strong protective layer to avoid that happening, the it could definetly be a problem if the more space makes the discs fragile!

Alecrein
  • Total Posts : 762
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 16:24
I only read the first page :) Sorry for staying on topic, Nudity = Good (depending on the person who is nude), the end :P
" What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things."
~ Unknown ~

Nitro
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 16:34

Unless I am mistaken (which I probably am) isn' t the blu-ray disc because of how much data is in it, easier to damage?

It has a harder coating than DVD so no.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 16:44
The way a Blu-Ray disc is physically constructed is similar to that of a CD. I don' t have the time to get too technical about it but it has to do with the layers of a disc and how:

Thick they are
How many layers they use
How close the recording layer(s) are to the surface

DVD' s (and its derivatives like HD-DVD) have a different way of putting the different layers of a disc together (recording layers are further away from the surface) that are overall less prone to permanent damage.

It really shouldn' t matter too much though. As long as you don' t abuse your discs they should be fine.

Gaiden BLACK
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 17:28

Its Good to see you Gaiden BLACK holding things down for the Sony camp.

As always mate i just had to educate Majik, as he was getting ahead of himself.

I am still trying to get him to join

Vx Chemical
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 17:35
Join what?

Gaiden BLACK
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 17:37

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Join what?

Agree first then ill tell you

Nitro
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 17:41
Gaiden, Mikay is evil and never has anything productive to say. He still thinks the Killzone CG was real. I' d suggest staying away from him.

Oh, and i' m not interested in joining your Al Qaeda funded terrorist organization. Team Kikizo are going to take your girly asses down hard!

Gaiden BLACK
RE: PS3 games already pushing 25GB.. say Sony.. - Oct 19, 2006 20:13

Oh, and i' m not interested in joining your Al Qaeda funded terrorist organization. Team Kikizo are going to take your girly asses down hard!

Hehe YOU funny me Laugh

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 77 of 77