Lost Planet Inspired by Halo

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Lost Planet Inspired by Halo - Oct 10, 2006 03:03

You probably already know that Capcom' s action title Lost Planet is one of the most eagerly-anticipated titles currently being crafted for the Xbox 360 console, what you probably don' t know is that we actually have Halo to thank for the game' s very existence. Speaking to website Kotaku, Capcom producer Keiji Inafune described the game as being inspired by Bungie' s smash-hit.

" I really wanted to do something as cool as Halo," he explained. " I' m a big Halo fan, but it' s not well known in Japan. It' s very interesting, but very American." It was apparently this stance that Inafune took to the publisher when seeking the greenlight for the title. " When we described the idea, we couldn' t get approval. But, when we showed them what we were working on, we got approval," Inafune revealed, explaining that Capcom were initially concerned by Halo' s lack of success in Japan.

The producer explains that while Halo inspired much of the action in the new game, an altogether more Japanese flavour was added via the inclusion of robots. Lost Planet is slated for release this January. More soon.

Whats your thoughts on this`?

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Lost Planet Inspired by Halo - Oct 10, 2006 03:08
30 second of fun, rinse, repeat.

Sounds good to me.

Gaius IV
  • Total Posts : 139
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Lost Planet Inspired by Halo - Oct 10, 2006 04:18
I would say it' s more inspired by starship troopers. Just feels that way, with a bit of robocop. But it' s cool that the game was inspired by halo.
< Message edited by Gaius IV -- 9 Oct 06 20:20:42 >
what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: Lost Planet Inspired by Halo - Oct 10, 2006 04:22
I thought the Lost Planet demo was pathetic, but the new trailer makes it look good.

Anita
  • Total Posts : 71
RE: Lost Planet Inspired by Halo - Oct 10, 2006 04:28
ahhh i cant wait to get my live account sorted so i can try out that demo.

I am really looking forward to Lost Planet i have to say i cant really see a connection with it and halo.

But yeh with Starship Troopers i see alot.

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
RE: Lost Planet Inspired by Halo - Oct 10, 2006 10:05

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Whats your thoughts on this`?

Halo 3 should have giant robots?

Not a surpriise really, Halo is amazing. I don' t really see a direct link - even a loose " homage" to Halo on anything I' ve seen on LP, although maybe the inspiration was for the multiplayer. Bring it on!

***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Dionysius
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: Lost Planet Inspired by Halo - Oct 10, 2006 14:15

ahhh i cant wait to get my live account sorted so i can try out that demo.

I would say " don' t bother" , however I know many would disagree with me. All I can say is that before I tested the demo I had really high hopes for the game and it was amongst the top on my most wanted for the 360 list, afterwards it isn' t even on it.

Though it might' ve gotten better for the final release, I believe they cannot fix the many things I didn' t dislike, just didn' t find " special"