Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 07, 2006 02:20

Although no plans are currently in motion, reveals lead artist

Crytek' s lead artist, Michael Khaimzon, has revealed that the developer could confidently port highly-anticipated PC title Crysis to PS3 and Xbox 360 - although there are no current plans to do so.

Speaking exclusively to GamesIndustry.biz, Khaimzon said, " I don’t think there would be any problem to convert anything we work on to the next-gen consoles if we decided to.

" We have enough power here, with programmers and artists, to be able to do such a thing. It' s just a matter of making the decision."

Khaimzon' s comments will only fan the flames of rumour which surround Crysis - a first-person shooter already wowing consumers and critics alike - that publisher Electronic Arts may bring the game to home consoles after release on PC early next year.

Discussing whether the team at Crytek would be interested in working on the next-generation of home consoles, Khaimzon added: " I' m pretty sure it would be interesting for us to do stuff on the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.

" We would just have to see how much of a sacrifice to the game we' d have to make. Or whether there would be a sacrifice at all, maybe we could find a way to make the game look exactly the same as it does on PC on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3."

When asked directly whether there was a possibility that Crysis would appear on home consoles, Khaimzon replied: " There might be, the decision isn' t mine to make. I don’t know of any official plans to do so, but I know there are rumours and talk, but I couldn' t say anything concrete."

So it is possible, why did they lie in the first place`?

Source

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 07, 2006 02:28
They have:

" UbiSoft:AssassinCreedisexclusivetothePS3andpluswewantourgameto
havemorepublicitythanimagineableasyoucanseesomanypeoplewillbuyAssassins
Creedevenifitturnsouttobeutterrubbishtripe.."

syndrome.
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Alecrein
  • Total Posts : 762
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 07, 2006 04:39
Hmm? Assassin' s Creed is both 360 and PS3. Unless that prior message was all a slammed together confusing statement...oh it was.
" What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things."
~ Unknown ~

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 07, 2006 05:06

I never had any doubt
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 07, 2006 07:26
Crysis cannot be played on any next gen system! ha ha, what do you think they are.. NEXT GEN SYSTEMS!??
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 6 Oct 06 23:26:47 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 07, 2006 07:37
They' ve always claimed that it might be possible to port it if they devoted their time to it, but they just never want to commit to say anything concrete.

They obviously will eventually. After all there' s money to be made. [:' (]

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 08, 2006 01:05
After saying it " wouldnt be possible" they seem like Sony eating their words...

I really want this game. I mean really really really want this game. Sadly my computer is no where near the specs required so praying for a 360 version is all I can do
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 08, 2006 07:08

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I never had any doubt

You can say that again.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 08, 2006 17:42
Neither 360 or PS3 has shader model 4, so if it was made for with ethr console it certainly wouldn' t be as good as it will be on PC. Crisis is a game that is being made for future hardware, not current.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 11, 2006 10:43

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Neither 360 or PS3 has shader model 4, so if it was made for with ethr console it certainly wouldn' t be as good as it will be on PC. Crisis is a game that is being made for future hardware, not current.

Well, the lead designer doesn' t know whether it would be possible to make the game exactly as it appears on the pc, for the 360 or PS3, so why make assumptions, one way or the other?

Personally, I like pretty graphics and such, but it' s not the most important thing, as for as I' m concerned (although it ranks pretty high). Crysis could turn out to be a glorified tech demo, and not very much fun to play, when everything is said and done. We' ll have to wait and see.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 11, 2006 16:06

Personally, I like pretty graphics and such, but it' s not the most important thing, as for as I' m concerned (although it ranks pretty high). Crysis could turn out to be a glorified tech demo, and not very much fun to play, when everything is said and done. We' ll have to wait and see

Cough Cough... FarCry!

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 11, 2006 16:09
I can' t believe at one point I almost bought the 360 FarCry, because I liked
the pretty graphics, I am so happy I played it first because that would have been the biggest mistake of my gaming life...

I hope Crysis doesn' t turn out to be another FarCry with amazing graphics but
the gameplay is so dated!

[:' (]
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 12, 2006 06:34
...this title is only important if you own a PC capable of doing the game justice...

.....if you don' t, be sensible and pin your hopes for a mind blowing shooter on a dedicated made-for-consoles title like Halo 3 or Resistance.......
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

peacegamer
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Crysis Possible on the Next Gen consoles - Oct 12, 2006 08:22
Thanks to the programmable shader processors, shader model 4 is definitely possible via software.