Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 fathoms, Anyone! Point me in the direction of a good Action-RPG!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
phatcat

• Total Posts : 7
RE: fathoms, Anyone! Point me in the direction of a good Action-RPG! - Jun 18, 2004 23:40
i would say to go with kingdom hearts. this is the game that got me into RPG' s. now i' m playing my way through FF7.

kh is an easy, cheery, nice little game.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: fathoms, Anyone! Point me in the direction of a good Action-RPG! - Jun 19, 2004 23:34
phatcat: I don' t recall the optional stuff in KH to be all that easy. Beating Sephiroth in the Battle Arena ain' t " easy," if I remember correctly. The game was deceptively challenging in many areas. I' d say it' s more difficult than either BG: DA.

I also just recently started another game of FF VII; this will be my fourth. All that time, but for the greatest RPG ever. Worth every second.
phatcat

• Total Posts : 7
RE: fathoms, Anyone! Point me in the direction of a good Action-RPG! - Jun 20, 2004 08:01
but sephiroth is optional. to beat the main game, i didnt find it all that hard. there were 1 or 2 hard boss battles, but other than that, it was cake!
fathoms

RE: fathoms, Anyone! Point me in the direction of a good Action-RPG! - Jun 21, 2004 15:17
Well, I rarely finish an RPG without completing all the extra/optional stuff, so if you include that, KH isn' t all that easy.

I' m sure that it' s simple to beat it; most RPG' s I' ve played are relatively easy to beat. It' s one of the main reasons why I always do the optional stuff, which is generally much more of a challenge.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: fathoms, Anyone! Point me in the direction of a good Action-RPG! - Jun 21, 2004 19:55
I try to do the extras most of the time.
That' s why even though I beat Suikoden III I am still playing it to get all 108 stars and try to get the secret/special ending
fathoms

RE: fathoms, Anyone! Point me in the direction of a good Action-RPG! - Jun 21, 2004 20:43
Raven: Yeah, I try to get everything, all the time, in every RPG I play. I got all 108 SoD' s in the original Suikoden, but I didn' t make it in Suikoden II. I' ve always meant to go back and try again.

I did get all 108 in Suikoden III, though. What " secret/special" ending are you talking about? The ending may change depending on who you chose for your Flame Champion, but I don' t think it will change based on how many SoD' s you got.

When the ending is over, the Stars are ticked off in order, and you get to see a sentence or two about what that character did after the game ended. If you didn' t acquire that character, you don' t get to see what happened to them (you just get a black, blank space). So this is different, but I don' t think the ENDING changes.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: fathoms, Anyone! Point me in the direction of a good Action-RPG! - Jun 22, 2004 01:28
I got all of them in Suikoden I, never played Suikoden II and have like 12 left in III.
I was reading something on gamefaqs that said something about a special ending.
Maybe a read it wrong though

This is what I found
" If you got the 108 Stars of Destiny bonus, hit X after the still picture. The
screen will go dark for a little while then you' ll be back at the Trinity Site.
The 6th and final flame will be lit. I won' t ruin what this is so you can
find out for yourself."

There are 6 flames at the trinity site (3 for the main characters and 1 for thomas) then you get one for beating the game with all 108 stars and then 1 other flame is opened when you adopt Koroku
< Message edited by RavenShadow -- 6/22/2004 2:03:50 AM >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread