6 Months, Is it bothering you?

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 06:13
everybody knows this now, Ps3 + Europe = March.

But does this bother you? is it really going to affect you? the other topics seem to be going on about why they are skipping europe, but do you care?

Personily, I do not, I was never going to get a Ps3 at launch and will wait, untill March, prehaps Longer to get one, I dont have a 360 and My only next gen console will be the Ps3. 6 months isnt long.

On the plus side, We get

- Better Launch titles to choose from
- Less buggy units and less shortages.
- Hopefully a new colour or something to make up for lost time.

Sure it sucks, But you guys act as if its never going to come, at least it isnt some ridiculously long wait like that Psp Fiasco.

Ps3 is going to be around for years, I think waiting a few extra months isnt going to hurt.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 6 Sep 06 22:16:40 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 06:19
I was going to buy a unit at launch, but obviously now i' d have to import which just isn' t viable.

Your point about buggy units is sound, but i would still expect harsh shortages for the EU when it hits here.

Another colour would be welcome, especially seeing as i wanted a white one anyway. Whether or not we get it is another question, but even Sony can' t ignore the success had by Nintendo and their sly but solidly founded tactics.

Will PS3 be around for years?! Not if Micrsoft have anything to do with it. I mean, SEGA had financial troubles just like Sony are having now and Sony' s wrong turns could easily piss publishers off. If publishers see PS3 as being risky then Sony won' t be able to go the distance, just like SEGA.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 06:20
How can you say less shortage?
Gonna be many people here in europe who gonna want to have it the first month.
Gonna take 1-2 extra months now.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 06:26
it won' t affect me, but it botehr me a little tough , i want thing to get hot very fast, i want this war to begin really soon and because i' m planing to buy a ps3 next year, i was hoping for a price drop in europe by that time , but now that it will launch on march , that' s just unlikely...

Silentbomber
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 06:28

just like SEGA.

Sega didnt have Blue Ray.

Which is Irionic as it has caused this delay. Its both Sony' s savior and current failure.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 6 Sep 06 22:29:49 >

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 06:41
hell yeah it is Its bull shit I dont belive We Will See An PS3 in america lol man this sucks How can you call your self the leader of the pack if you cant produce consoles For everybody " This is Living" My Ass " This is Bull Shit" Sounds Better

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 06:43
I was deliberating weather to get one or not but I think I made up my mind a while back so nah don' t think i will in a hurry so it doesn' t bother me if I do decide to get one it' ll be a long while down the road.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 07:06
What' s little Johnny gonna have for xmas? This doesn' t bother me, but mid-march
or whenever isn' t really a feasible time to launch a console, especially when xmas
has gone... Children in Europe are going to want a xmas present. With no PS3
available, you' ll find parents vying for either a 360 or a Wii.. No parent really has
money in March..
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 07:07
March is a sex-month.
Think im joking?
Look it up,alot of perverted parents who buys sex toys then.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 07:11
I honestly don' t give a fuck :)

I just wanted to hear peoples impressions soon - and I' ll be reading what US editors think anyway :)

Terrak
  • Total Posts : 783
  • Reward points : 19070
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 11:41
March is a $#!t time to launch a console. When i bought a GC at launch i took a day off work and came in early, only to discover that there was no need to go to such extremes, there were plenty available an no line up. Missing christmas in Europe will hurt them and put 360 and soon the Wii further out of there reach. All for the sake of blu ray, which will not do anything to significantly improve your gaming experience.

LOL there are already advertisements (TV!), and competitions (with ps3s for prizes) in Australia, all expecting a November 17 launch for ps3. Seems that there PR are department are a little too good at convincing people there BS is the truth. I' d like to laugh in there faces and tell them they will be waiting till March before they even see one unit (bit mean i know but no one is as yet advertising Wii and its more then likely to available by Christmas).

Despite all this, Sony says it will still hit its target 6 million PlayStation 3s shipped worldwide by the end of March.

LOL where have i heard something like that before!
< Message edited by Terrak -- 7 Sep 06 3:55:39 >

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 15:18

original: MikayD

hell yeah it is Its bull shit I dont belive We Will See An PS3 in america lol man this sucks How can you call your self the leader of the pack if you cant produce consoles For everybody " This is Living" My Ass " This is Bull Shit" Sounds Better

Was that negative things about Sony from Mikay? Wow

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 15:20
It doesn' t bother me because I live in civilization (USA) and this doesnt affect me.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 15:28

It doesn' t bother me because I live in civilization (USA) and this doesnt affect me.

Technicly you would end up waiting, due to the shortages! But as the launch titles suck that wouldnt be as bad!

Silentbomber
RE: 6 Months, Is it bothering you? - Sep 07, 2006 19:56

Evil Man you said this before, but I just to ask you why you think this?