DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 06, 2006 20:54
http://www.xboxyde.com/forum_8_14260_1_en.aspx

All pictures of it is in here.

I need to go to school so i dont have time to upload them here,but check that link and you will see these scans.
It looks great,but not as great as we all hoped for.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 06, 2006 21:09
They' re a little dark so it' s hard to actually get an idea of just how detailed it is. From these photo' s though it looks awesome.

< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 6 Sep 06 13:25:40 >

Nitro
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 06, 2006 21:13
We won' t be playing as Dante?!

Just a few days prior to the launch of its official website, the first hard gameplay info on the next PS3 Devil May Cry has finally reached our ears, from the highly-respected Japanese mag, Famitsu.

According to the mag, the fourth Devil May Cry will take place between the first and second series entries and have you playing not as Dante, but DMC1 demon-man Nero, who - going by the mag screenshots - looks like a bit like an angsty version of our old hero.

Play mechanics are said to be familiar, although you can now use Nero' s right arm to perform " devil actions" , an ability apparently not possible on the PS2. Further more, the article reveals that Yuji Shimomura will once again be returning to direct the game' s cut-scenes, and everything will play out in a silky-smooth 60 fps - and indeed, DMC4 is looking gorgeous in the mag shots.

That' s all we have to offer at the moment, although we' re sure more info - and hopefully screens - will surface when the official DMC4 website opens its doors on Friday. Oh, and we' ve included a new high-res teaser trailer to the right to get your fangs itching.

LINKY

Nero?!

Damn!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 6 Sep 06 13:17:44 >

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 06, 2006 21:18
This Friday we will see some sort of Decent quailty pics and videos of it. But its Looking good!
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 06, 2006 21:21
it' s really hard to say , but I' d suspect DMC game to look awesome.

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 07:26
...is this the ' broken link' thread?....
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

QuezcatoL
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 07:29
Actually i was supposed to upload the pictures myself when i came home from school,but kind of realised that majik would upload them in the thread anyay.

Bishonen
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 07:41
...what about your link being broken and majik' s pictures not loading?..

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 6 Sep 06 23:41:58 >

Nitro
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 07:47

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...is this the ' broken link' thread?....

You missed them. They' ve been removed now. You' ll definately be impressed though, ...even from the dark phot' s/scans it looks really impressive.

Hopefully they' ll release proper screenshots on Friday.

QuezcatoL
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 07:50

Took 1 sec to google it-

Bishonen
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 07:57

....meh.. ..looks like it' s gonna get pretty badly owned by TN...

...again.....

Papado
  • Total Posts : 234
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 08:01
Looks very cool. On the other hand, also looks like something that could have been done with Xbox 1 tech. Guess those E3 videos were supposed to be target renders. Funny the forgot to tell us again. I seriousely hate Sony more by the day.

Nitro
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 08:10

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

....meh.. ..looks like it' s gonna get pretty badly owned by TN...

...again.....

It looks good, but it was never going to look better than Ninja Gaiden 2.

I really want to see this running, i want to know just how similar DMC4 and Heavenly Sword gameplay will be.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 08:15
those pics obviously don' t show much details because of their bad quality, but as a whole the game look pretty nice, i' m sure it' ll rock , this si capcom we' re talking about + its one of the biggest IP, they won' t screw that up (oups they already did taht with the second) , but i think the director is the same who made the first and the third.

QuezcatoL
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 08:19
It looks good.
I dont know what some people expcet from it.
Some people on this site seems to belive ps3 is much more powerful or some crazy super high end pc.

Nitro
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 08:19
Well we definately won' t be playing as Dante...

Dante is going to be taken a back seat in the first next generation entry in the Devil May Cry series. The new issue of Famitsu reveals that Devil May Cry 4 will feature a new lead in the form of Nero, a new character who slightly resembles Dante in that he has white hair and sports a long coat.

Speaking with the magazine, director Hideaki Itsuno stated that the change was made in part to put fans and newcomers on equal ground with the game. One of the worries was that if the game looks too much like a sequel, new players will have a hard time of playing.

The classic Devil May Cry hero will appear in the game as a " mysterious person." From Nero' s perspective, Dante is an enemy who appears out of nowhere and kills his allies. Chronologically, the Dante that appears in this game comes after part 1 but before part 2 (the series chronology is 3, 1, 4, 2).

Kobayashi wouldn' t state for sure if Dante will be playable (Famitsu shows some shots of Dante shooting his gun, but these may just be event scenes), but Nero seems to have enough tricks that you won' t want to go back to the classic hero. Nero has access to a new array of attacks using his " Devil Right Hand." Nero' s right hand can be used to pull distant enemies in and send enemies that are close by flying away.

All the classic Devil May Cry moves are also planned for the game. Nero can wield two guns and has access to a variety of swords, including the powerful Red Queen. The combo system is based on that of part 3, Itsuno revealed to the magazine, noting that Capcom has been making adjustments by listening to user feedback. There are a few mysterious new systems, including one where your sword has an element of " acceleration" about it, but details will have to wait until a certain late-September game show.

Devil May Cry is also about stylish drama sequences between the action, and Itsuno and crew seem to have this covered as well. Like part 3, DMC4 will have its event scenes directed by movie director Yuji Shimomura. The story volume will be greater than that of the previous games, Itsuno noted to the magazine.

Itsuno also shared some details on how the game is tapping the power of the PS3. The visuals attempt to deliver a satisfying feel of being in the air. Nero' s right arm actions are, according to Itsuno, something that could not be done on current machines.

Closing off the Famitsu feature, producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi commented on Capcom' s Devil May Cry 4 showing at the Tokyo Game Show. Players will be able to sample the game as Nero. In addition, Capcom will hold a Devil May Cry stage event which will include a surprise announcement.

LINKY

Surprise announcement?! Maybe Inafune DID manage to talk Kobayashi into doing a 360 version afterall...

Papado
  • Total Posts : 234
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 08:42
Everything Capcom has done lately has been towards diversifying, especially as far as their allegiances go. They are already making exclusive games for 360, and one Capcom exec talked to another about not making any games Sony exclusives anymore. Well, a man can dream still.... And I can' t believe they' re using that " not possible on current hardware" bullshit! What, are the effects for his right hand moves so intensive they need six of the eight cores to be displayed?

Bishonen
RE: DMC4 scans!!! from famitsu! - Sep 07, 2006 08:46

I really want to see this running, i want to know just how similar DMC4 and Heavenly Sword gameplay will be

...good point, because you can be damm sure Capcom won' t pu$$y-out and make some nub-friendly, no-gore, easy-as-f*ck game like Ninja Theory will.....

...NG2 will still a$$-rape both though.....