New PS3 Info pt 2

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 01:56
Source

With Part 1 of Scrivener' s " insider" information on the PS3, we' ve discussed his take on the console' s launch lineup, and his opinions on Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD. In Part 2 we cover other things that are still relevant today about Sony' s next-gen system. For those of you who have already taken part in online debates about the PS3, much of this is old news (Scrivener' s article-of-opinions-and-reports was posted August 18), but his opinions are still interesting (judging by your comments in the previous article and in other related articles here at QJ, even if this is old news, it' s still news that just won' t die).

* System Life (or the opposite, system death): Scrivener said that Sony went as far and as expensive as they did with the PS3 system because they wanted to make a console that would last ten years. It' s pretty much the same thing Sony execs announced to the media, so nothing new there. And from our perspective, the jury' s still out on whether the PS3 will hold its tech lead that long.
* Online: " Online service is absolutely, positively 100% free... no tiers, no subscription. It' s like having Xbox Live Gold, but you don' t have to pay for it." Scrivener also said that features for PS3 online include multiple online IDs (as opposed to one gamertag), friends list, auto-2 based on skill or ranking, full online profiles, and EyeToy and EyeToy HD integration (photo profiles, video chat). Those look like fighting words. Presuming the PS3' s online service will be subscription-free, this looks like Sony' s bid to take on the Xbox in its own backyard (for reference, we reported before on Major Nelson' s take on Sony' s " basic" online features and comparing that to Xbox Live Silver).
* Web and Keyboard: The PS3 has a web browser and keyboard and mouse support (surfing the web should go easier than using a controller). Sony won' t make 1st party keyboard/mouse peripherals, and they' ll allow their use in games (such as FPS titles), but they prefer that developers concentrate on the controller instead.
* SDKs and Cells: Scrivener said that Sony has shipped more than 10,000 SDKs to third-party developers, and that there are more than 350 titles in active development for the PS3. All eight cores in the console will be enabled. " Reports of SPEs ' dying' are just plain rubbish." Scrivener also tackled reports of lower Cell yields. The Cell has " naturally lower yields" because it' s a new and more powerful tech. Second, Cell yields were known by Sony far in advance. The company takes only the best silicon wafers to be made into Cells.
* Cost: " PS3 games will generally cost the same as Xbox 360 titles." Scrivener said that the across-the-board \$10 price hike is meant to cover the additional production costs related to HD-quality assets. " Better graphics means higher production costs." We at QJ wonder if costs will go down as HD graphic assets become more common in the industry.
* HDMI: We' ve reported that Sony' s gone and deleted the HDMI cable from the PS3 package as there aren' t enough HDMI TVs in the market yet. Scrivener says that even the 20GB PS3 will support full 1080p via the component cable. Only hitch: there aren' t any TVs in the market that support 1080p via component. But " that' s an issue of support from TV manufacturers."
* Launch and Units: North America will be getting about 700,000 of the first 2 million unit run with a second shipment before Christmas with an equal number of units (compared to the 360' s 400,000 initial North American run and the following 5-month gap in shipments). The balance of production/shipping between the 20GB and 60GB versions had not been decided, but as both are produced at the same plants and with the same basic parts anyway, shifting from one to the other won' t be a problem. Scrivener' s betting the 60GB will be the more " common" one, though.

Scrivener pretty much hit back at almost every criticism levelled at the PS3 and Sony: Blu-Ray, cost and pricing issues, online, the Cell, 1080p support, and third-party support. We at QJ have tons of speculations, but we' ll leave you with an easy set of questions: Scrivener' s claim that (PS3 online) = (Xbox Live Gold with no subscription fees) got us thinking.

* Scrivener claims that Sony will make their online subscription-free. But can the company sustain it?
o Will they eventually start charging for premium services?
o Will the costs simply pass on to game developers whose titles feature online multiplayer? Will this mean higher game prices? Or will those developers be the ones who will charge for multiplayer?

Sums up alot of those Qustions I have had about this launch

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 02:24
This is a xbox360 site ffs.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 02:28

* HDMI: We' ve reported that Sony' s gone and deleted the HDMI cable from the PS3 package as there aren' t enough HDMI TVs in the market yet. Scrivener says that even the 20GB PS3 will support full 1080p via the component cable. Only hitch: there aren' t any TVs in the market that support 1080p via component. But " that' s an issue of support from TV manufacturers."

Thats what i call shifting blame! Untill things are official, this is nothing but propaganda!

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 02:28
what site is it from?

They say it could last 10 years - that' s pretty fuckin stupid to say.(especially since launch units won' t last a year)

component is a better cable to have in every package , but this whole article is shitty and sounds like it' s biased.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 5 Sep 06 18:29:57 >

mikayd2
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 02:48
Here the front page

This is a xbox360 site ffs.

You are the weakist link lol but nope my man your wrong its an info site

what site is it from?

They say it could last 10 years - that' s pretty fuckin stupid to say.(especially since launch units won' t last a year)

component is a better cable to have in every package , but this whole article is shitty and sounds like it' s biased.

Naw man this site isent bias at all they aslo have an 360 site at the top this sites just bring Official news in thats all check out the 360 page at the top they also have some good news

And yes compoent is an better choice now but in a few year hdmi will indeed replace rca thats what i think Im not saying rca want be there anymore but hdmi will have become the standard in few years ( well here in the us anyway )

Thats what i call shifting blame! Untill things are official, this is nothing but propaganda!

You know in a way i feel you but still i havent heard of any tv that supports 1080p with componet
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 5 Sep 06 18:58:42 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:06
This is unofficial BULLSHIT!

The original source (where qj.net picked it up) is a fucking forum post.

See HERE

When asked about GTHD the exact same guy replied...

GTHD is an entirely new game. The PS2 may be getting GT4O before then (which will also work with PS3s online service). GT4O is still being evaluated and may or may not ever see release. In other words, the Jury is still out.

...which is complete and utter fucking rubbish. GTHD has been confirmed by the fucking developers as being a 1080p slightly upgraded version of GT4.

So Mikay you fucking MORON, stop posting biased garbage!

Nitro
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:11
When asked whether you' ll be able to use a monitor as a display he says...

Yes, but only on the 60gb PS3 since you need the HDMI out.]

...what a goon!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 5 Sep 06 19:15:09 >

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:13
Dont call somebody a moron for posting something, but I never take a guy seriously who claims he' s got the inside scoop and swears alot.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Nitro
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:14

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Dont call somebody a moron for posting something, but I never take a guy seriously who claims he' s got the inside scoop and swears alot.

He IS a moron though.

mikayd2
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:19

This is unofficial BULLSHIT!

The original source (where qj.net picked it up) is a fucking forum post.

See HERE

When asked about GTHD the exact same guy replied...

quote:

GTHD is an entirely new game. The PS2 may be getting GT4O before then (which will also work with PS3s online service). GT4O is still being evaluated and may or may not ever see release. In other words, the Jury is still out.

...which is complete and utter fucking rubbish. GTHD has been confirmed by the fucking developers as being a 1080p slightly upgraded version of GT4.

So Mikay you fucking MORON, stop posting biased garbage!

So how the hell is that unofiicla just because some one answerd the same way and you say biased garbage i dont think so that was just what was on the page i guess the 360 page that qj.net has is bull shit to huh

I just posted some info form a site that if im not mistakieing you gave to me i find the post where you did i guess you its garbage you posted as well Majik Garbage lol i guess thats bull shit to huh

But on another note did you guys have an nice holiday ( its was labor day here in the U.S lol U.S labor day you just have to love that one ) For those that are in the us that is

mikayd2
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:21

I have never said i had the inside scoop but yeah i may swear alot im trying to stop

I havent once called majik any type of name il cool with you all

Good day majik
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 5 Sep 06 19:21:58 >

Nitro
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:28

So how the hell is that unofiicla just because some one answerd the same way and you say biased garbage i dont think so that was just what was on the page i guess the 360 page that qj.net has is bull shit to huh

It' s UNOFFICIAL because it' s isn' t OFFICIAL you dumbass. He doesn' t work for Sony, the information wasn' t released by Sony, he' s an idiot fanboy who posts on a forum.

I just posted some info form a site that if im not mistakieing you gave to me i find the post where you did i guess you its garbage you posted as well Majik Garbage lol i guess thats bull shit to huh

Do you have no comprehension of how qj.net works?! The lkink i posted to qj.net got their imformation from From Softwares website. That' s as official as it gets.

YOU posted an article where the information came from a FORUM. It' s NOT official.

Even if the guys did happen to work for Sony, he' d be bound by an NDA and would be sacked for breaking it.

VX was right, you' re not a moron, you' re a retard!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 5 Sep 06 19:37:18 >

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:36

Nitro
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:38

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Tell me that' s you own work...

I saw the Euro slogan the other day and just didn' t get it. Whatever happened to the company that brough us the original Playstation?!

mikayd2
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:44

YOU posted an article where the information came from a FORUM. It' s NOT official.

So only aome of that info on that page is ture Correct okay i can dig that an i dient know it was from an forum what forum man i would like to view it please give me an link not that last link you gave me give me the exact forum it came from if you dont have it dont worry about it im cool

Do you have no comprehension of how qj.net works?!

Nope i guess I dident but i do now Some Stuff is ture and some stuff anit ( what Ever)

Okay got that

VX was right, you' re not a moron, you' re a fucking retard!

you and Vx need to chill out its just an system i want get all railed up and call you names I' m to cool for that

You both should go out and party tonight get some ladies and and dive into the redzone life' s way to short to be bitching about 360 Wii and the Almighty PS3 lol i dont care about all of the munbo jumbo lets paly some games toghter and talk shit upon how we whop each other ass . that' s More fun than talking crap on kikizo After all its only an Game Console ( Key Word " Game Console" ) be cool and have a Good one

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:48

I have never said i had the inside scoop but yeah i may swear alot im trying to stop

I havent once called majik any type of name il cool with you all

Good day majik

Ha ha, I was talking about your man you quoted in the first post.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Nitro
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:54

what forum man i would like to view it please give me an link not that last link you gave me give me the exact forum it came from if you dont have it dont worry about it im cool

I think if you re-check my first post you' ll find that i DID post the link for you. However, since you' re incapable of following my evidently way to complex instruction of " see HERE" i' ll make it a little more simple for you...

LINK FOR THE IDIOT

Nope i guess I dident but i do now Some Stuff is ture and some stuff anit ( what Ever)

Yeah, some stuff he says is based on truth. He' s just repeating stuff that' s already official and mixing it with a TON of stupid speculation and lies.

You both should go out and party tonight get some ladies and and dive into the redzone life' s way to short to be bitching about 360 Wii and the Almighty PS3 lol i dont care about all of the munbo jumbo lets paly some games toghter and talk shit upon how we whop each other ass . that' s More fun than talking crap on kikizo After all its only an Game Console ( Key Word " Game Console" ) be cool and have a Good one

I guess the high school you attended isn' t known for it' s good grades. You' re not still there are you?!

You have a 360 right?! We can settle our differences over some GRAW...
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 5 Sep 06 19:55:45 >

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:55

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

I saw the Euro slogan the other day and just didn' t get it. Whatever happened to the company that brough us the original Playstation?!

Yes, I just saw the logo here:

Http://eu.playstation.com/ps3/

And that was the first thing that came to mind.

Nitro
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:56

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Yes, I just saw the logo here:

Http://eu.playstation.com/ps3/

And that was the first thing that came to mind.

I love it!

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 03:57

Lol ... double standards you say life is too short to be debating about which system is best. Yet whenever there is an opening to talk up blu-ray and cell and all the other stuff you mr jump straight in so quit with the rubbish. And lets not forget the defective 360 thing. And iv' e also noticed how you try to dance around the issues with what you think is clever word play i.e your pretence of not caring about console wars but you like I said before campaign every chance you get. As much as I like you at times you can be very ignorant with your posts sometimes which makes me doubt things you say at times also (and by the way it has nothing to do with being clever cos i' m far from it).

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 04:14

But on another note did you guys have an nice holiday ( its was labor day here in the U.S lol U.S labor day you just have to love that one ) For those that are in the us that is

Check out the Post You Picture thread to see how my weekend went...didnt even know it was a holiday...

Anyhow I wont listen to much info unless it comes from Sony' s ass (the only thing closest to getting official info from Sony is shifting thru their own waste it seems. Tho I' ll sit back and let others do the dirty work.) Im mostly just curious about the quality of its online service. Free is a nice incentive, but will the quality be up to the standard of Xbox Live? Which BTW after doing the math and seeing how much money is coming in from MS points alone they are making the big $$$ and hopefully that will force them into making the service free if not cheaper.

mikayd2
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 04:51

Lol ... double standards you say life is too short to be debating about which system is best. Yet whenever there is an opening to talk up blu-ray and cell and all the other stuff you mr jump straight in so quit with the rubbish. And lets not forget the defective 360 thing. . As much as I like you at times you can be very ignorant with your posts sometimes which makes me doubt things you say at times also (and by the way it has nothing to do with being clever cos i' m far from it).

i did have an bad 360 so what I understand What you are saying i dont care which on wins although i would prefer sony to but its cool yes i jump on the blueray campaign and Vocie my opinon about it but man i dont lose no sleep over it. I love Sony So what but Sony for isnet putting any type of money in my pocket.

And iv' e also noticed how you try to dance around the issues with what you think is clever word play i.e your pretence of not caring about console wars but you like I said before campaign every chance you get

Its like this here in america we have football ( Not Soccer) I' am from Kansas City home of the Kansas City Cheifs. I Love the Cheifs I mean Love em . I aslo love the Indy' s Colts ( Peyton Manning you have to love him ) but when the cheifs have to face the colts i go with my Home Team Of course but i dont lose any sleep over it except during the playoffs.

But to say i dance around issue' s thats funny let me say this again i love sony and every thing they do they do lie alot i know that but i still love him everybody lies .
there now you know am i a fanboy because i chosse one brand over the other whatever think what you want ill take that. I want hide that

You have a 360 right?! We can settle our differences over some GRAW...

Man its not that deep I dont like graw but its looks crazy. lets play something one on one like halo 2 or fight night or streetfighter . or some Football yeah Football

Majikdra6on I dont Care about yor insults from this day I will ignore that you name calling lol you called me a moron that' s cute

Nitro
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 05:39
P.U.N.C.T.U.A.T.I.O.N.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 05:49
Damn sony fanboys they never use punctuation.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 08:22
The guy is retardedly biased, I wish what he was saying was true, but come on, he has sony' s dick up his ass.

And mikayd learn to capitalize and punctuate you fucking moron.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 6 Sep 06 0:24:18 >

Nitro
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 08:28

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

The guy is retardedly biased, I wish what he was saying was true, but come on, he has sony' s dick up his ass.

And mikayd learn to capitalize and punctuate you fucking moron.

Hahahahahahaha!!!

mikayd2
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 12:33

P.U.N.C.T.U.A.T.I.O.N.

Yeah I know

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 13:29
Yeah, I know.

Learn to fucking type you fuck.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 15:24

Yeah, I know.

Learn to fucking type you fuck.

OmG hehe! I think Laurence Fishburn will always be evil man in my eyes from now on!

Ikashiru
  • Total Posts : 649
  • Reward points : 24890
RE: New PS3 Info pt 2 - Sep 06, 2006 17:17
LOL, sheer class..

Kikizo certainly has plenty of vibrant characters these days VX.
< Message edited by musashi -- 6 Sep 06 9:19:14 >