Is someone copying sony?

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 05:41

Sony is constantly claiming someone is stealing ideas from them, but is it true or the exact opposite?

What company is known for making hand helds? Nintendo

What company was the first to put a hard drive in a video game console? Microsoft

What company' s idea was it to make motion sensor controllers? Nintendo

And Killzone, The so called " Halo Killer" , when a company nick names their game that it tells me that their trying to find anything that can compete with halo and that their pretty jelous of it.

Now that Nintendo made a new ds lite sony is making a new psp. Also now that nintendo made a pink ds, sonys making a pink ps2 and psp.

" It will not be the ' PSP 2,' " says PSM, according to a report at Future Publishing stable mate Next Generation. " However, Sony is instead eyeing a page from Apple' s iPod strategy and upgrading the existing PSP' s specifications while keeping the retail price the same."

Now their copying apple.

According to the report, this new PSP will look a bit different too, and it will be thinner and lighter.

The PSP lite?

Finally brings me to XBL, who is copying who when Sony is going to try to make an exact version of XBL with full contact of a friends list, online play, and download market. which they are saying microsoft is just using to try to get money, but heres something new, IF MICROSFT MAKES MONEY OFF OF IT SONY IS GOING TO TRY TO MAKE MONEY TOO!

So who is copying who?

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 05:46
My question is will they be able to replicate well?.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 06:01
Funny thing though is that MS made this huge innovation - they' ve decided to include expensive HDD in their system and now Sony surpassed them by only copying them :)

PS3 games will (all of them) be made with HDD in mind while 360 needs to run games from DVD and only some games use HDD for faster loadtimes.

Sony has been copying for years , but they' ve always improved upon the original.

When nintendo gave us Analog controll - Sony made a much better analog stick and placed two of them on their controller,when N gave us Rumble Pak - Sony made a better system with 2 vibration sources.

Unfortunately , when they try to innovate (analog stick,optical disc and huge screen in handheld with avarage battery) it doesn' t work too well.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 06:03
This thread is LAME!

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 06:17

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

This thread is LAME!

You' re lame.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 06:22

ORIGINAL: dasher232

This thread is LAME!

You' re lame.

Aspharr slaps Inphyy with an armour coated hand.
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Nitro
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 06:25

ORIGINAL: Tiz

ORIGINAL: dasher232

This thread is LAME!

You' re lame.

Aspharr slaps Inphyy with an armour coated hand.

After being ordered to do so by King Majik!

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 06:27
No... He really does slap her with an armour coated hand.
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Terrak
  • Total Posts : 783
  • Reward points : 19070
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 08:09

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Sony has been copying for years , but they' ve always improved upon the original.

I' m not sure about that. Sometimes they have, sometimes they haven' t, eg the motion capture on ps3 controller. I' m not saying sony is devoid of innovation. I still credit them with the massive growth (ie bring games to the mainstream) in gaming we see today, something that Nintendo or Sega probably could never have done (all those years ago), so all other companies (Ninty & m$) are trying to emulate there success. That ' innovation' if it can be called that cannot be understated.

But in general sony is usually the imitator, not the innovator.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 08:30
Good ideas spread, it seems so simple to me. Who cares who' s copying who? They' re all guilty! The whole your corporation is copying my corporation is so juvenile and childish.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 09:43

What company is known for making hand helds? Nintendo
So Sony' s copying Nintendo by turning out a handheld... I see.

What company' s idea was it to make motion sensor controllers?

Sony' s. They' ve had the patent for theirs since 1999, at least a year or two before Wii was a twinkle in anyone' s eye.

And Killzone, The so called " Halo Killer" , when a company nick names their game that it tells me that their trying to find anything that can compete with halo and that their pretty jelous of it.
Actually, if you knew your chicken scratch, you' d know that Sony never branded Killzone as a " Halo Killer" . That was a fan and media label slapped on Killzone when the first screens showed up.

Now that Nintendo made a new ds lite sony is making a new psp

Sony is known for making somewhat large and relatively hot consoles in the beginning. But what they' re better known for is their ability to reduce size and component cost. PS1 got a PSone. PS2 got a PS two, and there' s undoubtedly going to be a PSthree. It' s just a natural progression.

Also now that nintendo made a pink ds, sonys making a pink ps2 and psp.
Really... so you' re telling me that in the one day between the two conferences at Lipzig, Sony passed the word up the chain of command that they were going to copy Nintendo, and create two finished prototypes in one day?

" It will not be the ' PSP 2,' " says PSM, according to a report at Future Publishing stable mate Next Generation. " However, Sony is instead eyeing a page from Apple' s iPod strategy and upgrading the existing PSP' s specifications while keeping the retail price the same."

Now their copying apple.

Because nintendo certainly wasn' t with the DS lite, and many other MP3 players weren' t copying Apple with their redesigns and slim models. They aren' t copying apple by redesigning their handheld. Improvement is a natural part of the industry, and to say that whenever something gets an asthetic/functionality update, it' s ripping of Apple, is immature.

According to the report, this new PSP will look a bit different too, and it will be thinner and lighter.

The PSP lite?

Well, most updated models aren' t heavier and thicker now are they? That quote is a total shot in the dark. It' s like saying that a next generation console " might have better graphics" , or that it " may have some more features."

Finally brings me to XBL, who is copying who when Sony is going to try to make an exact version of XBL with full contact of a friends list, online play, and download market. which they are saying microsoft is just using to try to get money, but heres something new, IF MICROSFT MAKES MONEY OFF OF IT SONY IS GOING TO TRY TO MAKE MONEY TOO!
Well, do you not want online play, friends lists and downloadables? For all fairness sake though, I' ll bash the 360 for a bit. The Xbox 360 totally copied gaming PC' s, they had net-gameplay, downloadables, updates, and patches way before Xbox caught on.

C' mon now.

kaoru
  • Total Posts : 96
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 16:47
Every company copy one another, it' s like who got this-who got that, one company brought this and another company saids we thought of that way before.
here is just some example of key feature base on innovtion.
Dual Analog-Sony PS1-N64-Dreamcast
Rumble feature-Sony built in dual analog+rumbo PS1 PS2-Gamecube-Xbox
Backward compatability-Sony-Wii-360
Online-Dreamcast-PS2-PS3-Wii-360
HD era-PS3-360
Online support-360 has XBL, Sony claims to have the same feature.
Online play-360 user pays 12 bucks a month- Sony online play is free.
no matter what each company brings, it' s compettitor will do the same, it' s an old key strategie.
< Message edited by kaoru -- 1 Sep 06 8:51:02 >

Calintz
  • Total Posts : 321
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 17:30
Just as long as I' m playing fun games, I don' t bloody care about copying. That' s just a silly point of view in my opinion and as Agent Ghost said, it' s also rather juvenile. Most companies do copy one another, why can' t people just -rather than engaging in childish playground style arguments- except that?
< Message edited by Calintz -- 1 Sep 06 9:31:36 >

Tim Strickland
  • Total Posts : 101
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 17:38

eddie_the_hated said:

quote:

Sony' s. They' ve had the patent for theirs since 1999, at least a year or two before Wii was a twinkle in anyone' s eye.

Actually, didn' t Microsoft do this even before Sony with the Sidewinder Pro?
< Message edited by Tim Strickland -- 1 Sep 06 9:38:48 >

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 17:53

Yeah, i tried it in a store, there was the game in a stand where you had to control a ship by tilting the controller!

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 23:34

Yeah, but if I' m correct it was for PC, and it did really poorly, not much of a selling point for games. (the D-pad was actually worse than Sony' s) It was one of the reasons Microsoft didn' t consider pitch sensitivity in the 360 controller.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 1 Sep 06 15:35:10 >

Nitro
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 01, 2006 23:41

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Yeah, but if I' m correct it was for PC, and it did really poorly, not much of a selling point for games. (the D-pad was actually worse than Sony' s) It was one of the reasons Microsoft didn' t consider pitch sensitivity in the 360 controller.

And yet tilt control was STILL used before Sony patented anything of the sort in GBA carts.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 01:09
And to give you all idea of why inventing tilt sensors means shit - DS uses touchscreen - hell if I know how old this technology is , but on the DS, it' s a brand new way of interacting with software.

Hardware alone means nothing.The true innovation comes from smart ways of using it.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 01:18
Seriously, who here really do get angry when companies steals?

I don' t.

However i get angry when idiots like that " riiiiiiidge raaceeeeerr" has to make a fool out of himself and claim other copying them.

Then we have the right to make fun and tell sony to fuckk themself.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 1 Sep 06 17:19:46 >
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 01:39
I' ll remind you all that when you get your PS3 and start flaming 360 for everything :)

sweetboy2k
  • Total Posts : 44
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 05:37
i agree they probably wont beable to replicate it well

QuezcatoL
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 05:50

I' ll remind you all that when you get your PS3 and start flaming 360 for everything :)

I dont have any money for it.

I got my money for my HDTV by washing my hands each week.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 16:37
after long negotiations your parents made to to was hyour hands huh?

They might ask you to wash your feet for PS3 so watch out - we don' t want to be too clean now, do we ?

QuezcatoL
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 20:29
Seriously i got 900$ because i took care of the dishes and tookj out some trash for 2 weeks.

Yes,my parents doesnt want to feel old,i kind of feel like they want me to stay here forever

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 23:19

Seriously i got 900$ because i took care of the dishes and tookj out some trash for 2 weeks.

Holy Fuck, can I work with your Parents?!
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

sweetboy2k
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 23:31
i have one question.......how do u get a pic and gain levels??

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 02, 2006 23:58

i have one question.......how do u get a pic and gain levels??
Grab an avatar from your settings page, the ones on the right are for everyone and you gain levels by posting. Don' t ask me for the exact numbers, I completely forgot those. help anyone?

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

And yet tilt control was STILL used before Sony patented anything of the sort in GBA carts.

Yeah, I know, I was just trying to take the point home that it wasn' t some playground copycat thing.

Yes,my parents doesnt want to feel old,i kind of feel like they want me to stay here forever
I say deathmatch, winner gets Quez' s parents.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 2 Sep 06 16:01:47 >

sweetboy2k
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 03, 2006 00:02
ty..thatll help alot

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 03, 2006 00:20

ty..thatll help alot

I' m not sure I' d go for that exact avatar. I think there are a couple people who' ve already called it.

mastachefbkw
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 03, 2006 07:45

Online play-360 user pays 12 bucks a month- Sony online play is free.

Uhhh.... yeah try $50 a year not $12 a month, that would be almost $150

ummm... actually, does anyone remember a thing from way back when called the power glove it was made by nintendo in like 1989

and yes, the publishers did title it the halo killer. Look in any PSM mag from back at that time

Well, do you not want online play, friends lists and downloadables?

ummm... no i dont want a PS3 to begin with, ill stick with xbox live not some generic PSL or what ever

For all fairness sake though, I' ll bash the 360 for a bit. The Xbox 360 totally copied gaming PC' s, they had net-gameplay, downloadables, updates, and patches way before Xbox caught on.

And who made the OS that those games run on? Whos been making PC games for years? MS
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 3 Sep 06 1:49:49 >

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 03, 2006 11:04
...is someone a nubtard?...
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

mastachefbkw
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 14, 2006 10:13

...is someone a fanboy?....

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 14, 2006 19:17

ummm... actually, does anyone remember a thing from way back when called the power glove it was made by nintendo in like 1989

I don' t remember the Power Glove being motion sensetive.. but I never had one myself so whatever.

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Is someone copying sony? - Sep 15, 2006 03:43

...is someone a fanboy?....

...definitely....

....dick-witted too...
Currently accepting Article & Review requests