Tgs!

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 57 of 57
Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 08:44
Did they try to pass off that incredible Lair footage with dragons and rain in it
as in-game???

Or was it in-game, and someone developing for SOny has actually delivered?
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 08:47

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Did they try to pass off that incredible Lair footage with dragons and rain in it
as in-game???

Or was it in-game, and someone developing for SOny has actually delivered?

Well the original footage was supposedly realtime, as stated on the original trailer. Who can really say for sure how the game will turn out, but i have my hopes set on this one, along with heavently sword.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 08:47
i myself thought genji is a cool game, short indeed but i had some fun playing it, i' ll give it a 7/10
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 31 Aug 06 0:53:28 >

uumai
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 08:51

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

i muself thought genju is a cool game, short indeed buti had soem fun playing it, my score was 7/10.

I found it got very old, very fast. I played the japanese version, so to me there was no story and my enjoyment was placed entirely on the gameplay, the combat. I found the " tap x at right moment" thing nice for a while but really old, really fast. It wasn' t much fun, but the visuals were nice.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 08:51
It was fun to begin with.. but didn' t take long to realise it was boring.

That early Lair footage was incredible, but I doubt it to be in-game, however
based on the recent viewings of BiA, I wouldn' t put it past Lair to be a possible
graphical breakthrough..
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

uumai
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 08:57
well real-time, doesn;t mean its not like cutscene video, as people say about the mgs 4 vids. I just hope they make a great game, warhawk seems lame, so i' ll need a good flying game, and what better way to fly, than on the back of a dragon. KICK ASS!!
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 08:59
that game was like 7 hours long, i think it' s what needed to not get really boring, and uumai i think the story was good as well... yeah i guess 7 hours was enough . my point was: it' s not a bad game . i did checks in gamerankings and

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/924365.asp?q=genji

check for yourself.

now genji two doesn' t lok that good, graphics are not up to next gen and it sure look repettive and boring at the end, but may be the game is 2 hour long so it won' t be a big deal.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 31 Aug 06 1:28:01 >

uumai
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 09:05

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

that game was like 7 hours long, i think it' s what needed to not get really boring, and uumai i think the story was good as well... yeah i guess 7 hours was enough . my point was: it' s not a bad game . i did checks in gamerankings and

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/924365.asp?q=genji

check for yourself.

now genji two doesn' t lok that good, graphics are up to next gen and it sure look repettive and boring at the end, but may be the game is 2 hour long so it won' t be a big deal.

lol. For me the game is around a 5 or 6/10 and that is imagining the story is pretty good.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 17:07
I have high hopes for LAir - those boys did amazing job with Rouge Leader (Rebel assault was crap) on GCN and it was in 480 p - even though it was the best looking launch title

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 17:22

Rebel assault was crap

They tried to do waaaaay to much. It looked gorgeous though even if it wasn' t as fun to play as Rogue Leader.

Factor 5 will definately pull through and i' m almost 100% certain that there was a very short clip of early gameplay footage spliced into the original video as the HUD was visible.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 17:45
I also don' t doubt their capabilities to make it in 1080p without loosing much deatil - those guys are tech-freaks with amazing skillz

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 20:00

Sony do pretty well for themselves these days, but ico and sotc are really fantastic games. They are artsy, and lack a lot of voilence, blood and bad press to make them success on a sony platform where there is a lot of mainstream crap getting all the attention. Heaven forbid someone whould pass up on the latest iteration of sport/racing/licence crap for something a little more original and thoughtful.

I dont know uumai , there is still hope, Shadow get to the Number 1 spot in the uk when it was first out...

yeah, Lair looks great, I dont know if that trailer from GC lepizig was new or not, [via our very own kikizo] but looks great, and orginal.

Why isnt anybody pumped about Eight Days?, I saw the e3 video and game looked like real fun.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

uumai
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 20:28

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Why isnt anybody pumped about Eight Days?, I saw the e3 video and game looked like real fun.

8 days along with the untitled naughty dog game(UNDG), are on my watch list, so to speak. Both games look impressive, UNDG has some nice looking animation on it, and the trailer shown was said to be in engine or something like that. So i' d imagine 8 days was too, for most of it anyway.

More good for sony, hopefully.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 23:16
By the way has anyone dowloaded the viva pinyata episode they have on xbl?. We don' t have it yet in the uk but from what I saw on you tube it was really funny for a kids programme. Will we ever get it here?.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Tgs! - Aug 31, 2006 23:43
Yeah I gave my thoughts on those 2 episodes in a nother thread somwhere. They are decent not up to the standard of other current CGI shows such as Jimmy Neutron. Im gonna have the daycare kids I watch have a go with it and see what they think.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Tgs! - Sep 01, 2006 00:00
I didn' t like viva pinata tv show but im 20.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: Tgs! - Sep 01, 2006 01:54

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

I didn' t like viva pinata tv show but im 20.

I know people much older than that, that liked it.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 57 of 57