Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 28, 2006 09:53

anyway I pre-orderd the Limited-Edition $60 version

...congratulations (git)... ...expect this sexy shiny metal thing 2 months from now:

...also included on the bonus collector' s DVD is:

* Developer' s Interviews
* History of Final Fantasy featurettes
* Final Fantasy XII U.S. Trailers
* Final Fantasy XII Japan Trailers
* Final Fantasy Art Gallery

.... i want it sooobaadddd!!...

...because i' m feeling generous, here are some high rez scans of OPM' s recent FFXII feature.. ...check out the, like, totally awesome character designs for the new GF characters:

....i also love the illustrator' s designs of the airships... has anyone else noticed the Star Wars influences which seem to underline everything about this new look for final fantasy?...

...i like the designs for the Judges too... does any of kikizo' s cultured *cough* staff members know which artist got the commission?...

I WANT THIS GAME SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 28, 2006 17:00
WOW it' s the best Limited Edition I' ve ever seen.I' m not reading anymore about it though- I want to be totally unaware of what is what when sit to play it.

I' ve stopped watching MGS4 trailers too (I didn' t see the GC one) ause they often show too much.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 28, 2006 17:41
When is it coming to europe?

2007 sometimes?
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 28, 2006 19:25

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

FFX had an excellent story. World Maps are stupid, why do I want to control a ship, if I want to control aircraft I' ll play Ace Combat, not a fucking RPG.

FFX is the worst FF game ever.

The lack of airship control means lack of exploration and that means the lack of optional hard to find quests that are extremely satisfying when found.

Without the free world exploration RPGs feel much more linear.

FF9 had a mediocre story , but was a great FF game in overall.
FF8 totally delivered - it was a bit different than FF7, but just as good.

Yeah I just got my issue a week ago, that massive review took me almost 25mins to over-take, I' m a pretty fast reader but reading and useing the bathroom at the same time makes you forget what number' s to use one or two, anyway I pre-orderd the Limited-Edition $60 version from Gamestop, and they told me that the game had been push all the way to Oct 31, or November, man for us unlucky fan' s, the Japanese fan' s have already beaten the game, I have the import FFXll, but it' s for my collection only and not for playing.

You mean you import japanese games just to ...keep them for no reason? and then you buy the US version to play them?

Well yeah, kinda wierd don' t you think, you see I collect Japanese game' s action figure, Anime' s, cards wall-scroll movies drama Jpop/rock OST..ect the list goes on. I' m into Japanese stuff, and it' s my hobby. When the US version of an import game is being release I do buy them and play them, while the Japanese version is still sealed and in mint condition, waste of money nah, it' s the hobby that count' s.

EDIT btw if you haven' t pre-order the Limited Edition yet do it now, it' s only preserve at GameStop and EB, the list of pre-order is massive just hope that you get one on launch day.

< Message edited by kaoru -- 28 Aug 06 11:29:56 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 28, 2006 20:04
Europe is going for shittreatment again - I' m getting the US version.I should finish Okami till then.
Bishonen

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 29, 2006 02:34

When is it coming to europe?

2007 sometimes?

...Square have not yet given an official date for the European release, but it' s likely to come in February 2007...

Well yeah, kinda wierd don' t you think, you see I collect Japanese game' s action figure, Anime' s, cards wall-scroll movies drama Jpop/rock OST..ect the list goes on. I' m into Japanese stuff, and it' s my hobby. When the US version of an import game is being release I do buy them and play them, while the Japanese version is still sealed and in mint condition, waste of money nah, it' s the hobby that count' s.

...yeah i' m into it too, but that' s pretty dedicated man......

Europe is going for shittreatment again.

I think Square treat ALL non-Japanese gamers like crap... ...the Japanese version was released in March!!!

....f*cking a$$holes.. ...you can' t seriously tell me that it takes 7 freaking months to localise a game!

...i guess releasing limited editions is their way of buttering up pi$$ed off fans who are still MAJORLY peeved with their " when we can be a$$ed" attitude towards us....

....the joke is on those morons though... ...first, square loose big sums of cash by idiotically missing Christmas in Europe & Australia (who the f*ck buys presents in February?) ...secondly, (and more importantly), the Japanese market is shrinking!! ....more and more smarter Jdev are taking these changing markets in to account and are tailoring their products to reflect this (like Capcom)... ...sooner or later those f*ckers are going to have no choice but sort this release date farce out properly or suffer the inevitable consequences....

...personally though, i' d really like someone to produce a serious rival to FF so that i could say " f*ck your m*****' s m-****" to square once and for all...

- I' m getting the US version.

...yknow there' s a good chance that the PAL version could have even more extra content than the US one? ...i would DEMAND extra-extra content for the PAL release or not buy it at all...
...although i imagine that there will be far more PAL special edition copies available (when it eventually gets released)...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 17 Sep 06 1:18:01 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 29, 2006 05:37

....f*cking a$$holes.. ...you can' t seriously tell me that it takes 7 freaking months to localise a game!

It takes too long , but to be honest , they do a great job with voices and tranlslations so it' s worth it.

Oh and fuck those extra features - I just want this game - when I' m done with it , I' m getting one of the next gen systems (unspecified at this time)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 28 Aug 06 21:39:33 >
Bishonen

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Sep 03, 2006 11:31

It takes too long , but to be honest , they do a great job with voices and tranlslations so it' s worth it.

..are you paying attention?... ...localisation of the 40-60hr okami took about a month... ...perhaps a FF might take double that, but that' s still reasonable...

...Square just don' t give a shit about the west.. ...THAT' S why it takes so long.... ...or do you really believe that it takes 7 months to localise for North America and 4 months to localise for the whole of Europe?......
]GaNgStA[

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Sep 03, 2006 20:16
Okami has no voice acting - FF is all about text - and it has to be translated very well cause it could loose it' s quality.They needed to cast actors again, and so on.

The only thing I can say - is that they should be making it in Jap and Eng at the same time.They can' t treat Europe like shit forever.
QuezcatoL

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Sep 03, 2006 20:18
I agree with both.
I dont think Square-enix dislike us or doesnt give a shit,but they hardly sweat at all to make their game come out earlier here.
Bishonen

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Sep 17, 2006 08:34
...nope, square simply don' t care. period.

...for example, the relatively tiny Team Ninja have recently confirmed DOAX:2 is to have a single simultaneous worldwide release, in which:

I have one very important announcement to make for the people in the US, and that is that unlike the first game, we' re going to have a full English voice-over. I really think that people are going to leap into the game and get even more involved when the characters are speaking their own language.

IGN: Will there also be Japanese voice-overs with English text, for those hardcore gamers?

Tomonobu Itagaki: Yes, it will have both Japanese and English voice tracks. As always, we don' t have enough space on own disc for what we want to do. But there will be both voice tracks.

...now if the comparatively tiny (but talented) Team Ninja can manage that, what' s Square' s excuse?....

...none. THEY JUST DON' T GIVE A F*CK....

...i really hope FFXIII gets crushed by LO...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 17 Sep 06 11:38:34 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Sep 17, 2006 09:17
dude your comparing DOx2 with FF12 ? FF12 is a huuuge game in which there is huge amount of text and voice as well.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Sep 17, 2006 10:03

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

dude your comparing DOx2 with FF12 ? FF12 is a huuuge game in which there is huge amount of text and voice as well.

Bethesda managed it. Why can' t the amightly Sqeenix?!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Sep 17, 2006 13:37
FF12 isn' t even 1/8th as big as Oblivion or Morrowind, Square Enix can' t manage it because they suck.
QuezcatoL

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Sep 17, 2006 17:44
Oblivion had over 50 hours of recorded voice dialog.

In enchanted arms,so far its perhaps...1 hour at most,and im at the last boss.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message