• Reward points : 0
Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 05:49
Still no real in-game footage :( But the interview gives some nice details:
IGN.com

Quick Run Down:
-Current build running at 60fps
-Will have true Force Feedback
-300+ cars each with around 100 customizable features

Lotta other info within the interview. go read.

I enjoyed the first one immensly. Even more then PGR and Gran Turismo. So I' m eagerly awaiting its release. But dammit I wanna see how it looks and runs!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 05:57
Haha you gotta love MS.

" true Force Feedback "

Since Ps3 wont have it,they gonna adv like its something very importent.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 06:14

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Haha you gotta love MS.

" true Force Feedback "

I wouldn' t be so sure as sony is planning a ' ' major anouncement' ' on monday which may be the return of force feedback....

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 06:45

ORIGINAL: dasher232

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Haha you gotta love MS.

" true Force Feedback "

I wouldn' t be so sure as sony is planning a ' ' major anouncement' ' on monday which may be the return of force feedback....

Are they? First I heard of it..

As for forza, the first one looked good so i look forward to seeing what they can do with the 360
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 06:48
SOny can lie wtf they want.
Look what they promise and deliver.
Its apprently not illegal to make up lies to make consumers wait for your console.False specc is the future!!!
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

dasher232
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 06:49

ORIGINAL: uumai

Are they? First I heard of it..

As for forza, the first one looked good so i look forward to seeing what they can do with the 360

SPOnG caught up earlier this week with the good people of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for a quick chat about all things PlayStation and we are pleased to let you know that the frustrating post-E3 wait for proper information on our PlayStation future is just about to end, with the first in a series of major announcements being made this coming Monday from Leibzig.

We can assure you that this first unveiling will, shall we say, be something you are very unlikely to have foreseen, coming from way out of leftfield. Suffice to say it brought a smile to our face as we think it will do yours. Check in here first thing on Monday when we’ll be able to disclose the full details of this announcement, as well as picking up the first tasty news droppings from all the other publishers at Leibzig.

It would also seem that Sony has seriously taken on board the many criticisms targeted at the company following a poorly received E3 PlayStation 3 showing and done what it does best – gone into lockdown mode whilst its development and marketing teams get on with the serious, hard work of ensuring that both the PS3’s technical offering and the marketing message are both spot on for the looming 17th November launch.

http://news.spong.com/article/10614/Interesting+PlayStation+Announcements+Planned?cb=764

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 07:15
Cool thanks Dasher, so what was sony hit hard for? price, rumble (or lack there of), and CG footage.

NiGHTS into Dreamcast

dasher232
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 07:25
Well I watch the ps3 forums a bit *waits for the tomatoes* and those guys were/still are really disappointed that force feedback was gone so thats all I can think of. And to be honest if they struck up some deal with immersion and brought it back I think i' d be more interested in it as a second choice....not before I know the games price though.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 07:49

Well I watch the ps3 forums a bit *waits for the tomatoes* and those guys were/still are really disappointed that force feedback was gone so thats all I can think of.

You act like people here hate Sony...
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

dasher232
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 07:51

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Well I watch the ps3 forums a bit *waits for the tomatoes* and those guys were/still are really disappointed that force feedback was gone so thats all I can think of.

You act like people here hate Sony...

You serious?

Tiz
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 09:31

You serious?

Well... Hate is a strong word, I' d say most people here have " objective views"
about Sony...

Hehe, glad I' m not one of those people.. hehe..

**Looks around**

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 20:44

Haha you gotta love MS.

" true Force Feedback "

Quez , every post you write lately is 100% more fuckin retarded than the last one.

Force Feedback is what racing wheels have - it' s not the same as your controller' s vibration.

Sony had it for a long time with their Logitech wheels and MS is making their new wheel which is wireless unless (cause then you need to plug in the AC adapter) you want a nice Force Feedback , to counter your movements in a realistic way.

You can' t get a good TV for your console, you have no idea what force feedback is ...oh god..

Its apprently not illegal to make up lies to make consumers wait for your console.False specc is the future!!!

Yeah - like Backward compatibility that makes you get a new console sooner cause you think you' ll be able to play your favourite games on it.

It' s great that it' ll have 60fps though - that is a great announcement
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 19 Aug 06 12:44:57 >

Tiz
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 20:48

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

It' s great that it' ll have 60fps though - that is a great announcement

Something smells fishy with that statement... 60fps is great but, I hope their is no
downgrade in the graphics department which is usually the case.

Everytime I read about this game, I get more excited...

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Forza 2 Interview + Wireframes - Aug 19, 2006 20:54
I was really excited about the first Forza untill I played it for a few hours.30fps were totally lame and I think NYC in games like GT4 looks much better - it has jaggies,it' s shimmering and so on, but it gives you this feel of a real urban enviroment taht isn' t " dead" .

It also ran in 60fps so that made it much more fun for me.The one thing I hate about GT games is their stupid carrer mode with buying cars and racing with stupid " AI" .It' s all about getting a better car and then, you can go over the grass , sand and everything.GT is a great game that let' s you drive your favourite cars in some nice looking enviroments , but it' s a terrible racing game.

If they improve gameplay (and it seems like it with those 60fps) and visual style (over technical aspect or resolutions and shit) then it could rock hard.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 19 Aug 06 12:55:37 >