• Total Posts : 1441
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:19
What did you say?

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:20

The Julian Calendar came into being sometime in the first century B.C., Julius Caesar ask the Alexandrian astromomer Sosigenes to advise him on how to reform the calendar. Sosigenes suggestion for a 365.25 days in a solar year was accepted. Julius Caesar directed that this calendar be put into use. The Roman Senate changed the name of the month Quintilis to July (Julius) and the month of Sextilis to August (Augustus). This reformed calendar became known as the Julian Calendar. And January first was the beginning of the New year. However, in AD 567 the Council of Tours abolished January first in favor of March, of which the date varied as to what day was the beginning of the New Year.

The Julian Calendar served as a standard for most European countries and America until the Gregorian Reform of 1582 A.D. and beyond. Since the Russians did not change from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar until 1918, many European have a birthdate based on the Old Style Calendar. Alaska retained the Old Style Calendar until 1867, when they transferred to the Gregorian Calendar. Today the principles of the Julian calendar continue to be used by chronologists. The Julian calendar is formed by applying the rules of the Julian calendar to times before Caesar' s reform. This provides a simple chronological system for correlating other calendars and serves as the basis for the
Julian day numbers.

Julian to Gregorian Calendar

The reason for the reform in 1582 from a Julian to a Gregorian Calendar was because the year of 365.25 days was too long. This error of 11 minutes 14 seconds per year amounted to seven days in 1,000 years. The calendar became increasingly out of phase with the seasons. And by 1545 spring time (vernal equinox), which was determining Easter, had moved 10 days from its proper date!!

The Julian Calendar became known as " Old Style" and the Gregorian Calendar became known as the " New Style" . Therefore anyone born in Russia before 1918, their birthdate is known as " Old Style" .

Loser.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:20
He didn' t say anything, he posted. If you didn' t see it you can just look at it again. Asking what he said or posted is unecessary. Logic.

Evil Man
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:21

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

The Julian Calendar came into being sometime in the first century B.C., Julius Caesar ask the Alexandrian astromomer Sosigenes to advise him on how to reform the calendar. Sosigenes suggestion for a 365.25 days in a solar year was accepted. Julius Caesar directed that this calendar be put into use. The Roman Senate changed the name of the month Quintilis to July (Julius) and the month of Sextilis to August (Augustus). This reformed calendar became known as the Julian Calendar. And January first was the beginning of the New year. However, in AD 567 the Council of Tours abolished January first in favor of March, of which the date varied as to what day was the beginning of the New Year.

The Julian Calendar served as a standard for most European countries and America until the Gregorian Reform of 1582 A.D. and beyond. Since the Russians did not change from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar until 1918, many European have a birthdate based on the Old Style Calendar. Alaska retained the Old Style Calendar until 1867, when they transferred to the Gregorian Calendar. Today the principles of the Julian calendar continue to be used by chronologists. The Julian calendar is formed by applying the rules of the Julian calendar to times before Caesar' s reform. This provides a simple chronological system for correlating other calendars and serves as the basis for the
Julian day numbers.

Julian to Gregorian Calendar

The reason for the reform in 1582 from a Julian to a Gregorian Calendar was because the year of 365.25 days was too long. This error of 11 minutes 14 seconds per year amounted to seven days in 1,000 years. The calendar became increasingly out of phase with the seasons. And by 1545 spring time (vernal equinox), which was determining Easter, had moved 10 days from its proper date!!

The Julian Calendar became known as " Old Style" and the Gregorian Calendar became known as the " New Style" . Therefore anyone born in Russia before 1918, their birthdate is known as " Old Style" .

Loser.

What part of stolen from egyptians didn' t you get?

Ok, stole it from egyptians made some worthless alterations to it?

Yeah, its still from the egyptians.

You lose.

Evil Man
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:22
Ginjirou, you aren' t important enough to me for me to go back through the thread, stfu if you have nothing important to say.

Nitro
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:22
But which revision do you use?! Do YOU use the Egyption calendar?!

Nitro
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:25
I bet you were bullied at school.

ginjirou
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:25
I personally don' t like the 12h clock. Or the 24h day.
It makes calculations unecessary difficult. The system is completely unscientific and is based on old tradition. The only reason we keep the shitty system is because we' re used to it. Every system should be decimal based.

Evil Man
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:26
We' re talking about 24 hour day clock formats used on our clocks, in was invented by egyptians I dont know why you have to bring shit up like 365 day calendars, im sure they stole it from egyptians or chinese.

Without even looking into it I already know, either egyptians or possibly the chinese, had a 360-363 day calendar, the romans stole it and turned it into 365.25 and all of a sudden it became their invention.

I guarantee that' s pretty accurate.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 19 Aug 06 23:27:14 >

Nitro
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:28
Get down on your knees amd make like a circus seal bitch!

ginjirou
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:29
This whole stealing deal resembles the " Sony steals" debate.
WHO THE F*** CARES ABOUT WHO INVENTED THE CLOCK!?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Aug 06 23:29:45 >

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
Majik, don' t waste your time.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Evil Man
k go lose to france some more pussy

Nitro
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:36
Rather than be an American and get my ass handed to me in Vietnam, fuck up the first Gulf War and then get repeatedly raped by the townfolk of what' s essentially a 3rd world country?!

People threaten you and you all just get depressed. Take the Cold War and Cuban Missile Crisis as and example.

Your country struts around like it own the world and yet rogue states like Iran and North Korea scare you senseless.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:38

Erm, no it wasn' t.

The Egyptions invented the Solar Calendar. We use the Gregorian & Julian Calendar and that you numb fuck was of Roman origin.

Roman callendar have been invented in Egypt and brought to Rome by Julius Ceasar, So it' s origin is EGYPT.

No, you' re just confusing. You' re like a hedonistic monkey, jumping between and flirting with the three companies are you please. It' s all good, but it gets tricky when trying to figure out which company you' re backing week in week out.

Seems like you' ve answered yourself - I' m just not a fanboy like you or Quez - I can appreciate good things from all companies and I can admit that they suck when they actually do.

Hahahahahhaa

hmm what now? I asked a simple question quez - are you blind , retarded or didn' t understand when I wrote I' m not joining them huh?

Did he beat me to it? I thought i Said about that? Please credit where it' s due, unless he DID beat me to it..

yeah it was you who told me about it , but ginjirou predicted it before we saw it (he predicted it would show over your game visuals)

Thanks for the info though :)

yeh GANGSTA that XBOX CAMERA THING is really cool dont u think?

It actually has a really nice quality not like that shitty eyetoy - it' s really nice :)

Evil - your great America was founded by European people, if it weren' t for us you' d be running around with your stupid tomahawk or dancing to summon the rain.

Your country struts around like it own the world and yet rogue states like Iran and North Korea scare you senseless.

Funny you should say that cause if England would have honored their word (POLAND, FRANCE AND ENGLAND all declared they would help each other if one is attacked) the WW2 would have ended in Poland or close to it' s borders.What you guys did? You wrote a fuckin letter to germans sayin' something like " please stop it,Please" .And then we needed Americans to actually solve this mess.

There are no perfect countries. just as there are no perfect console making companies.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 19 Aug 06 23:49:06 >

ginjirou
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:39
Oh please, not a your-country-sucks fight. I thought we were more mature than that.
About the menus on Sony' s systems. The PSP keeps updating it' s firmware, do yuo think there' s a possibility that they' ll update the menus so that you won' t have to search through 500 files to get the right one?

Evil Man
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:42

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Rather than be an American and get my ass handed to me in Vietnam, fuck up the first Gulf War and then get repeatedly raped by the townfolk of what' s essentially a 3rd world country?!

People threaten you and you all just get depressed. Take the Cold War and Cuban Missile Crisis as and example.

And you' re our bitches that support us.

OK, stfu, I win.

Europe sucks America' s cock, especially the UK.

< Message edited by Evil Man -- 19 Aug 06 23:42:30 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:47

The PSP keeps updating it' s firmware, do yuo think there' s a possibility that they' ll update the menus so that you won' t have to search through 500 files to get the right one?

yeah - it was in that movie - " System Update"

:)

ginjirou
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:49
Are you smiling AT me or WITH me?

]GaNgStA[
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:52
The answer to this simply looking question my friend will drive you mad in months to come...
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 19 Aug 06 23:53:03 >

Nitro
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:53

And you' re our bitches that support us.

OK, stfu, I win.

Europe sucks America' s cock, especially the UK.

And unfortunately i can' t help that. Our government is almost as retarded as yours.

Funny you should say that cause if England would have honored their word (POLAND, FRANCE AND ENGLAND all declared they would help each other if one is attacked) the WW2 would have ended in Poland or close to it' s borders.All you guys did was writing a stupid letter to germans.And then we needed Americans to actually solve this mess.

I couldn' t give a flying fuck about fucking Poland. You fuckers treated Jews just as badly as the Nazi' s (slight overstatement).

All America did was drop 2 big bombs on Japanese fishing villages and establish themselves as the first atomic power.

ginjirou
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 07:56

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

The answer to this simply looking question my friend will drive you mad in months to come...

F***!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:00
I guess storming omaha beach is something british schools prefer to forget.Thankfully there are games and movies that could educate you on both D-day, Market Garden and all this mess.Europe couldn' t handle germans.

I couldn' t give a flying fuck about fucking Poland. You fuckers treated Jews just as badly as the Nazi' s (slight overstatement).

That' s just funny - english schooling is even worse than I thought.I' m no patriot though so I don' t really give a fuck what they teach you about anyone.

Like I said, though, everything that WW2 brought people is thanks to " Great-wannabe" Britian and their Anti-agression Agreements.

I' m not even mentioning France here - that' s just fuckin embarassing.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 20 Aug 06 0:04:41 >

uumai
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:07
Who cares for talking about world war 2, you all get to play through it over and over again in the countless WWII FPS games on consoles. You can all pretend your from whatever country you want and then it just doesn' t matter...
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Nitro
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:08
When France pushed us out of America they were a superpower the way America is now. France and Spain were two of the biggest military mights of that time, ...after having much of our forces chasing farmers and being spread out all accross North America there was no way we could beat the French.

As for WWII and the anti-agression agreements, i agree with you. It was wrong and should have been addressed a very long time ago. I don' t have much sympathy though as Poland in general got off lightly and it' s STILL not a good place to live if your Jewish. So i' m told.

Evil Man
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:08
You know majic I' m sick of your prejudice against americans and wont sink to your level.

Good day.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 20 Aug 06 0:09:40 >

ginjirou
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:13
Day? It' s night where I am.

uumai
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:13

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

You know majic I' m sick of your prejudice against americans and wont sink to your level.

Good day.

OMG

Did get tired and start to imagine things? Or fall asleep and start to dream, because this simply cannot be real.

< Message edited by uumai -- 20 Aug 06 0:14:14 >
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Nitro
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:14
It' s night here too but i' ve had a shit day today.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:17

I don' t have much sympathy though as Poland in general got off lightly and it' s STILL not a good place to live if your Jewish. So i' m told.

I don' t know about that so I can' t really say.

When I was talking about France I meant the way they surrendered without a fight in WW2.

What do you mean got of lightly?

I have even less sympathy for Poland than you do (funny as it may sound , it' s true), but those were the days when we were fucked from all sides and that' s why we are, where we are today.

You have managed to offend Evil.That doesn' t happen too often :)

Shall we go to sleep now my European comrades ? :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 20 Aug 06 0:19:33 >

ginjirou
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:20

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Shall we go to sleep now my European comrades ? :)

Best idea I' ve heard today. Good night and don' t let the bad bugs bite, or whatever you say... ?

]GaNgStA[
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:23
yeah I' m out...

Nitro
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:23

When I was talking about France I meant the way they surrendered without a fight in WW2.

Ah! I see. My mistake.

What do you mean got of lightly?

Compared to the Jews.

Anyway, i have nothing against you. Just don' t touch my gold!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:24
about that gold man...I' ll give it back I swear...

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:26
How can you both be arguing about the gold - I have it...

Ok, I' ll leave this two-way joke.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 20 Aug 06 0:26:38 >
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

uumai
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:28
good night all
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Nitro
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:28
What the hell! I just noticed that you guys have " Levels" rather than the " VIP member" thingy. Level 5?!

How many lavels are there and how can i drop the " Winner! Feb 2006" thingy. I want my level 10 badge!

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:31
Adam was playing Wow, and thought it would be a great idea..

Or one day Kikizo went crazy and thought what a great idea.

Or the fact that some people were approaching VIP status too quickly meant for
a change...

Or for the...

SHUTUP!!

Ok...
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Ikashiru
  • Total Posts : 649
  • Reward points : 24890
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:51
what a thread..

in fact... what a forum.. we even say good night to each other...

so long as you guys don' t wake up next to..... zzzz...zzzz...zzzz....zzzz

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 08:59
I love how people trash their gov like bush.

Have you ever thought about that Bush has been in power for 6 years?
And its over in 2.

Our fucking gov and their leader has been in power for 10,and is gonna try and get re-elected for 4 fucking more years.

Atleast in america a president cant stay in power after 8 years.

We should get that law too.

I fucking hate out fucking gov.
No i dont hate them for hating america.
I hate them for having these fucking high taxes which doesnt lead to new jobs but just money if you stay home and pretend like you do something imporyemt like studying or being sick instead of looking " unemployed" thats what our gov tried to hide constantly.

I fucking hate them.

Sweden is doing well cause we have quiet a few big billionarie companies who does very well and pay heavy taxes,not because of our fucking retarded goverment.
FUCK THEM.

And you guys complain about BUSH.
Well he has to leave in 2 years,but our retarded leader might stay for 4 extra years,and who knows what happend after those 4 horrible years...

omg
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 81 to 120 of 124