Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Jul 31, 2006 20:06
Majic......told you so....
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Jul 31, 2006 20:10
If I could order gas from venezuela at $0.20 per gallon, on the internet, and have it arrive in a week' s time I would do it.

No I have no fucking problem paying for gas here, I am perfectly content with the price, I can afford it, but if all of a sudden I' m presented with this opportunity to save money like this I would take it, it' s common sense.

You guys lack the common sense.

" HMM SHALL I PAY $60 per game or $93 HMMM LET ME THINK ABOUT IT IM NOT SURE IM A FUCKING IDIOT, HARD CHOICE. MEH, ILL JUST GO WITH THE $93 GAMES"

Is that what goes through your little heads?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Jul 31, 2006 20:15

You are fucking retarded.

It doesn' t matter what you get payed - you have the option of buying the same games in your same fucking language for cheaper, but you choose to just allow companies to rape you, then you turn around and make posts on the internet complaining about game prices - so obviously you dont get payed enough, or else you wouldn' t be complaining.

Firstly i wans' t complaining. That was somebody else. Secondly, we only have the choice to import games from the US if they' re not region encoded. You have no idea how often the posters here import games from the US, but it' s probably more often than you realise.

However, you DO realise that even after buying a game at a lower price over the internet that the cost of overseas delivery and the import duty when it gets into the country (if not marked as a gift) pretty much brings the price up how much it costs locally?!

I could ofcourse buy a US 360 but then i wouldn' t be able to watch Region 2 encoded DVD' s and i' d have to mess about with a power convertor.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Jul 31, 2006 21:25

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Why didnt you guys just buy US x360s? All the games will play fine on your HDTV... and you can buy games online easily, we aren' t in 1995 anymore, learn to get credit/debit cards and buy stuff online, well, I guess theyre right saying europe isn' t as advanced... you do know theres this thing called the " internet" and you can buy US games for cheaper than european games on it, right? Ever heard of the " internet" ? Guess not. Cave men.

WTF!

You are the biggest moron on here, how dare you tar an entire continent with such a comment!

You are evident of the small, narrow minded minority that the US has become notorious for in the rest of the world. You are brash, speak its unfounded opinions as fact and declare everything ' rubbish' without any real deep anaylsis of anyone or anything.

" Don' t like it, do it the US way - Cave Man!"

Erm, no.

Do you not understand exchange rates? Oh I see, you think we should use piracy and ignore the fact that the US electronics industry has always traded on 1$ = £1 and the fact that our currency is stronger and you now get 2$ for £1 to their advantage?

I buy US hardware when required, and yes it is always half the price. But this is nothing new.

As for the Internet and what it means - it' s europes baby and like most things your contribution was, ooh defence networks... and (not sure how old you are here but I' d hazard a guess at young!) some of us were buying online since 1995!

Although computer ownership was ahead of that of mainland europe for some time, the actual power of these machines, and the average skill of the user is less than half of that being used by the computing centres in europe.

So I suggest you leave the superiority complex at the door next time you log on to Kikizo!
Nitro

RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Jul 31, 2006 21:30
Damn!

Bad day at the office dude?
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Jul 31, 2006 21:47
yeah kind of, have people who want to change to my course I run - two of which I approved, but the third i dont think I can and I hate turning people down

and I have a massive migraine too, and I' m just getting a bit fed up of seeing " Evil Man" at the end of a thread saying something negative. Seriously, why live up to your nick, why not happy, optomistic man for a change!?

You will be happy man in my book from now!

Maj, thanks for noticing!
< Message edited by musashi -- 31 Jul 06 13:50:20 >
Nitro

RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Jul 31, 2006 22:47
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Aug 01, 2006 01:04
He' s right about buying online though.

If I could tolerate white DS LITE I' d get it from australia or US for more than 50 $ cheaper.

Same with games.

Modding your console in Europe is almost ...crucial to enjoying all the great games.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Aug 01, 2006 12:59
It' s only a 20 dollar difference. How much is shipping? Its hardly worth the trouble or risk of importing. Evil you' re acting as if we make the pricing. Would you import if if was a few bucks cheaper? No, because the waste in time and effort is worse then spending the extra money to have it now.
Impreza_Natalie

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Aug 01, 2006 15:59
LOL why fight in the queue to have everything or finish a game 1st i could wait till the end of the year and buy for cheap still ends up the same result...
Nitro

RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Aug 01, 2006 17:52

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

It' s only a 20 dollar difference. How much is shipping? Its hardly worth the trouble or risk of importing. Evil you' re acting as if we make the pricing. Would you import if if was a few bucks cheaper? No, because the waste in time and effort is worse then spending the extra money to have it now.

Exactly. It' s not just the shipping either. We ge stung with import duty when the games get into the country unless the sender marks it as a gift.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Aug 01, 2006 18:17

ORIGINAL: Impreza_Natalie

LOL why fight in the queue to have everything or finish a game 1st i could wait till the end of the year and buy for cheap still ends up the same result...

Lol know what you mean.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Europeans Pay Double for Test Drive on 360 - Aug 01, 2006 18:39
Last time I checked 93-60 = 33.

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages