360 Help

_Ninja_Protocol_
  • Total Posts : 212
  • Reward points : 0
360 Help - Jul 24, 2006 08:45

Well, anytime I put a DVD into my 360 I get this black square that covers pretty much all of the TV screen...although the DVD is still running in the background...though I can' t see it. Now, that black screen will stay there no matter what, even if I put in a game or different DVD. If I turn off the system and turn it back on the black screen is gone, til I put in another DVD.

I havn' t heard of anything like this happening to anyone else. {From friends or news articals}...should I just go back to Best Buy and swtich it out? But what about my stats? I would cry if I have to lose my 125hr+ Oblivion Game all becuase of some DVD problem...

...Random Madness, Forward...

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: 360 Help - Jul 24, 2006 09:31
It' s caused by an incompatability between your TV, the 360' s cables AND the DVD playback signal.

Confused?!

I have no idea why people get this problem -- it works fine for games and affects only the DVD playback. It' s EXTREMELY srange and ther haven' t been a lot of cases so there' s almost no record of it or real advice.

If you have a VGA port on the display then you' ll probably need to buy the VGA cables and use those because THEY will work just fine.

I' m guessing you' re using the component cables, but you wouldn' t happen to be using an EDTV by chance, ...would you?!

Try another (or a couple) of TV' s and see if they make a difference. If it' s viable (and you have a VGA port) buy the VGA cables. Failing those, call Microsoft and see what they have to say about it.