Playing Jap Games.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Playing Jap Games. - Jul 22, 2006 05:42
Have you ever played a Jap game? as in, its in full jap and you cannot understand a thing.. I have...

I got Okami, and while suprizeingly I do understand the story so far, I cannot understand where to go or what to do, and I am only at the start. Its a Fantastic game though, and its funny too. Ha ha, I never got so much joy of pressing o and making the dog bark.

Anyway, anybody try FF12/or any other jap game yet?
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 21 Jul 06 21:42:34 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Hidemoto
  • Total Posts : 311
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Playing Jap Games. - Jul 22, 2006 05:49
sure.

i´ve played many japanese games, mostly on PC. shining force 3 scenarios 2 and 3 for saturn and Sakura taisen 3 for dreamcast were the more complicated ones because they have lots of text and i am a bit slow at reading japanese.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Playing Jap Games. - Jul 22, 2006 06:18
Yea! My friend once let me borrow a Japanese version of FF7 that he acquired from a trip to Hong Kong. I can' t read Japanese whatsoever, but for some reason I still loved playing it!

You could still kinda understand the story from the character' s body language and stuff, and I ended up finishing it only by memorising which of the symbols I had to press to activate that big magic spell!

It was only after I repurchased the UK version when it was released, that I realised I' d beaten One Winged Angel Sephiroth using only Ice2 and Contain2 (two of the weakest spells in the game!) and hadn' t even seen half of the limit breaks or summons!

On the plus side it was reaally satisfying when I saw Omnislash for the first time right at the end, since it was so much cooler and more powerful than anything I' d seen in the game!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 21 Jul 06 22:19:17 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Playing Jap Games. - Jul 22, 2006 10:40
I' ve played Okage: Shadow King, (Imagine Final Fantasy, meets Nightmare before Christmas) for ps2, in japaneese, if you can call it that, that' s after i' d gotten half way through on english though.