How best to play HALO?

Insanity Prawn Boy
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 06:43
Gaming has been good for me recently, a birthday providing me with shadow of the colossus and we love katamari for PS2 and a shiny new psp with plenty of games, but my poor PC seems rather neglected. I haven' t got a new game for it in the last year and it has been primarily tasked with online games which arent too great (stickman sam cant quite cut the mustard) I played jedi academy till i got bored (which took a while i assure you) so i needed something new.
Then i remembered aa little mentioned xbox game called HALO which is supposed to be quite good, despite there beiong practically no hype involved. its got a pc version, so i thought about buying it. However i was unsure if my pc could handle it, so i considered the other options...

Okay all that was a little boring, but seriously, what would the kikizo lot reccommend for me to play halo? Should i buy the pc version, get a bargain bucket Xbox or get a 360 for christmas?

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 07:10
If you' re talking about Halo 1 then it was a neglected port to PC - as far as I remember it was a terrible console to PC port in fact.

xbox version is the one most gamers finished and it' s great , but if you want it in 720p resolution and 60 frames per second (I think that' s the case - could be wrong though) - get a 360 (and have a next gen console ready for many other cool games - halo 2 and 3 included).

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 07:10
We all know the answer here, get the 360 at Christmas. First of all 360 is [sort of] backwards compataible with xbox 1 games, not every one of them play, but Halo 1 + 2 do and you would be able to pick them up cheap come christmas, Since you got two excellant ps2 games and a shiny new psp I say that will hold you off till Christmas, since the weather is nice now you should play that psp outside too.

Halo isnt anything sepcial on pc.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Insanity Prawn Boy
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 20:27
Thats what I thought, though I want a PS3 I don' t fancy giving one of my legs to get one this year. By the time my birthday rolls in the PS3 will be much easier to obtain, and possibly cheaper.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 22:40
not to mention some decent games will coming out too and you will have some nice ones to choose from.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 17, 2006 04:24
go for an xbox 360 if you really want to enjoy halo.
Halo PC blows goats for quarters.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 18, 2006 00:02
I didn' t mind the PC Halo port, but that' s only because I didn' t know what I was missing. It wasn' t completely awful, but after playing it on the Xbox, I don' t think I could go back.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 17 Jul 06 16:04:09 >

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 18, 2006 07:33
Halo PC aiming is shitastic, all they did was remove the autoaim, there is a horribly wierd mouse acceleration present that makes it a joke. The performance is also a joke. Gets a lower frame rate than Half-Life 2 and has worse graphics.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."