Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii?

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 40 of 111
desiz
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 05:53
I gatta choice between one of these consoles, anyone got good reasons abt which one i should get? im thinkin abt the Wii, but not too sure. the 360 is really fast, but the ps3 has good graphics. not sure which ones the best.

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 06:21
Yer my 360 can do 100 meters 10.03 seconds

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 06:21
Fanboys are going to flood you with shit like " 360 is the best" , " PS3 is the best" and finaly " Wii is the only next gen !!!" .

Do some research on sites like IGN,Kikizo and stay away from forums where people are almost always loyal to one company or another.

You wanna know which of those three is the best? - this my friend won' t be clear before 2009.

If you don' t have a nice HD TV then the only huge advantage 360 can give you is lost.Same with PS3.

However if you actually own a nice HD TV then Wii will require some upscalling device to reduce the lag.

You really need to chose for yourself - all your answers are out there in the vast reaches of internet :)

whiteguysamurai
  • Total Posts : 316
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 07:55
Think with your pocketbook, or better yet, wait it out.
Wait for the games you want, and when they hit that system, buy it.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 08:21
EVO, buy it, beats the other 3 hands down

in terms of Raw Suckage power.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 08:45
THE PHANTOM!!!!!!11111oen11evelevnty1

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 08:47
Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Game Junkie
  • Total Posts : 708
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 10:36
Well just to set things straight the ps3 and 360 both have the same graphic potential and the 360 isn' t faster then ps3 (whatever that means) they both perform at par more or less.

If you' re only getting one console I suggest against the Wii. The hardware isn' t much better then xbox and the novelty of the wii controller will wear off after the first 6 months. Wii is a great secondary console because its different.

I suggest making a list of the 15 best exclusive games on ps3 and 360 and choose one based on which list you like more. Thats what I did and I picked 360. Everyones different though and you may like MGS more then Halo.

No one has played a retail ps3 yet so no one can judge it, we can only predict what we think it will be like. However I have a 360 and I love it. I think the ps3 will be great as well I just think its too expensive.

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 11:08

wii controller will wear off after the first 6 months.

When DS first came out some people said the touch screen was only a gimmick and now look at DS so I think thats a bit harsh saying that the Wii controller will wear off after 6 months.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 15 Jul 06 3:19:13 >

Game Junkie
  • Total Posts : 708
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 12:45
There' s a big difference between consoles and handhelds. They' re two completely different beasts. For one thing, consoles are much more competitive then handhelds. The only thing the DS has to compete with is the psp, which so far has shown to be a pushover, nintendo has always dominated in the handhelds, and I don' t see Sony or anyone being capable of changing that any time soon. As I said consoles are a different beast and everyone will see what I mean when Nintendo' s strategy fails with consoles. Don' t get me wrong, I know Wii will be more successful them with GameCube. However this is only due to new people supporting Nintendo. Nintendo is now focused on attracting new gamers (people who never used to buy videogames). The harcore gamer, the people who have been playing since the 80s won' t want to buy Nintendo Wii as their only console.

f3hunter
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 15:10

The harcore gamer, the people who have been playing since the 80s won' t want to buy Nintendo Wii as their only console.

Not really

..A lot of People i know who have been playing games since the 80s (who used to play arcades/consoles since pacman times).. r sick to death with the same old crap in new paint and have actually lost interest in games, most of them i know r now cueing up to buy a Wii..

Nintendo are aiming for these types also.

TBH, if your initial intention is to get a Wii, get one.. You know its launch games are gonna be solid (to say the least), and you know your going to have a lot of laughs with it.. Also consider the awesome Nintendo Virtual Arcade and its great joypad.. theres plenty of great gaming guaranteed with a Wii purchse.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 18:31

If you' re only getting one console I suggest against the Wii. The hardware isn' t much better then xbox and the novelty of the wii controller will wear off after the first 6 months. Wii is a great secondary console because its different.

BS - Wii' s actually almost 2x Xbox in specs ad what' s most important, developers who make games for it made better looking games on GCN (comparing to X) so this potential is huge for them (RE4,Metroid,Wind Waker,SFA).

Noone knows how long will it stay entertaining but my DS is still amazingly fun, so I think you are way to narrowminded to be a happy person.Should' ve sticked with arguments like graphics , cause predicting shit like Wii' s controller and it' s wearing off, is as stupid as saying DS will be crushed by PSP.Which means it' s stupid but quite common.

For one thing, consoles are much more competitive then handhelds.

I' d say it' s quite the opposite and DS had a very unfriendly reception at first.Wii' s doing much better than DS before launch.

The harcore gamer, the people who have been playing since the 80s won' t want to buy Nintendo Wii as their only console.

Actually these are the people who should be the most excited about it - new gameplay mechanics are could be so amaing, design is awesome and it' s got some sweet features.People gaming since 80' s care for gameplay mostly so HD means nothing when SD game is more fun.

Besides it will be the strongest launch ever - with Zelda,Metroid Prime 3 and so many other quality titles on launch day.

I' m not saying he should get a Wii, but seriously at that point it' s retarded to say it' s not going to work - it was ok to say that about DS before you tried it, but know sales charts,software top ten charts and all that shit is screaming " YES WE LOVE THE INNOVATION!!!" :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 15 Jul 06 10:38:03 >

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 18:45

Careful what you say...

Nintendo is the salt of the earth to people like ]GaNgStA[ and Ginjirou...

Who oddly enough has disappeared

You can' t assume the Wii can be bad, but they can assume that the Wii will be
brilliant... Yet you' re both in the same boat.. (Odd???!)

Be weary of fanboys Game Junkie..
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 20:32
Sure we can - people like you guys said that DS is going to be a stupid gimmick - look at it now.

Saying that it will wear of after 6 months is stupid - when I hear someone saying he likes HD visuals and standard controller I respect his opinion, but saying shit like that ...

And you can assume it will be bad ofc - but not that it will be good and turn bad after 6 months.

Fanboy praises one system over the others, Foolish ignorant makes up stupid reasons for some systems failure, Fag calls people fanboys whenever they defend unfarily treated system or say they like something.Smart gamer says Fuck all 3 of them.

That' s my 4F theory.There' s a shorter version :Fanboys,Foolish ignorants,Fags - Fuck' em
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 15 Jul 06 12:33:33 >

Tiz
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 21:00

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Sure we can - people like you guys said that DS is going to be a stupid gimmick - look at it now.

-I wasn' t here when the DS was out, and the touch screen is 50% of the console
the Wii controller isn' t.. Imagine a game on the DS without touch screen... It' s
not really a DS game, therefore developers knooW they have to use it.
But if Ninty release a standalone controller as they say they will, then developers will kick
back and take it easy. So I see where he is coming from saying it may wear
off, not in 6 months, but may be eventually. I wouldn' t be surprised if Nintendo
ends up being the only people that support it.

Saying that it will wear of after 6 months is stupid - when I hear someone saying he likes HD visuals and standard controller I respect his opinion, but saying shit like that ...

That' s because HD is out and the standard controller is nice, so they are talking
from a hands on perspective. That' s why if you say someone can' t speculate about
the Wii being crap, it means that you can' t speculate it being good just as much.

And you can assume it will be bad ofc - but not that it will be good and turn bad after 6 months.

So... We need to be picky about how we assume? An assumption is an assumption;
it' s an educated opinion. Why are you allowed to choose how we criticise a console?

Fanboy praises one system over the others, Foolish ignorant makes up stupid reasons for some systems failure, Fag calls people fanboys whenever they defend unfarily treated system or say they like something.Smart gamer says Fuck all 3 of them.

Ok, no more negative press for the Wii everyone, we don' t wanna kill a console
before it comes out.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 15 Jul 06 13:07:32 >

f3hunter
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 21:28

Lol Tiz, do you ever have an opinion or do you always continue to try and stir up crap about other posters?!

If i was to quote the things uve posted about althing Xbox360 itll be easy to label you as one of the biggest fanboys in the forum.. but ild rather not go there..

Everyone has had different gaming experiences and everyone trusts / prefers other games companies more than others, dosent make them a fanboy.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 15 Jul 06 13:34:58 >

Silentbomber
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 21:31
Hey lets not get into a fight here, keep it clean.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 21:44

I wouldn' t be surprised if Nintendo

Especially seeing how EA and Ubisoft and almost everyone makes games for it' s controller...not a valid point.Besides Wii controler can be used as standard controller in many games - MARIO galaxy for instance - moving your character with thumbstick, jumping with buttons - only extra features are connected with sensors.It' s got almost ever yfeature of your 360 controller plus more.

So this :

-I wasn' t here when the DS was out, and the touch screen is 50% of the console
the Wii controller isn' t..
is Bullshit cause those sensors aren' t 100% of Wii either.

That' s because HD is out and the standard controller is nice, so they are talking
from a hands on perspective. That' s why if you say someone can' t speculate about
the Wii being crap, it means that you can' t speculate it being good just as much.

That' s one way to look at it - I' d say that opinions like this one were justified before DS was out and people felt uncertain on what they (nintendo) will do with it.Anyone who' s a well oriented gamer, knows that it' s not a gimmick and it' s just silly to talk about Wii like this.Or it' s not silly but proves that you didn' t experience this novelty for yourself - meaning that you' re not a very reliable source of speculation.

So... We need to be picky about how we assume? An assumption is an assumption;
it' s an educated opinion. Why are you allowed to choose how we criticise a console?

Yes that' s exactly my point -it should be an EDUCATED opinion - but it' s just ignorant/fanboy talking without knowledge behind it.(facts are simple and in favour of Wii - yes I' m still talking about DS).

Ok, no more negative press for the Wii everyone, we don' t wanna kill a console
before it comes out.

You can' t - I thought DS will go down because people play things safe and don' t want to try new things, the press was against DS,At the same time PSP had a great and hip design with great capabilities that appeal to consumers and yet everyone loves the DS now.

I was wrong - I did get a DS but thought I' ll stay in minority (PSP was to expensive for me and then unneccesary, when DS started having so many awesome games)

So what I mean is that Forums or even some people (and you know that many people who call themselves gamers haven' t even tried the DS yet - it' s strange cause it' s a daring gaming system that should at least intrigue gamers) can' t change the outcome of next gen wars - after all we don' t matter for console makers,publishers and even developers - it' s all about mainstream baby.Thankfully we get some good games along the ride.

Tiz
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 22:48

Not saying they will, I am saying it wouldn' t surprise me, the same way it didn' t
surprise people that the UMD format would fail.

Also, when you mention Wii, EVERYBODY (except fanboys) mentions the
controller.

Ask the general public What do you know about wii? You' ll hear 2 points:

" Isn' t that the Nintendo thing?"

and

" The one with the funny controller.."

Which is why...

Besides Wii controler can be used as standard controller in many games

Means that when it falls into the category of normal controller, it is compared
with the other consoles using generic control schemes, and is no longer " innovative" . THAT is why people say the novelty may wear off if they
keep chopping and changing, in laymens terms they go from unique and
innovative console to underpowered generic next-gen. The Wii is in a league
of it' s own if it uses the controller, but if companies don' t conform to it and choose
to use " generic" controls, it gets compared on the grounds of 360 and PS3, where
to average Joe; it loses.

Anyone who' s a well oriented gamer, knows that it' s not a gimmick and it' s just silly to talk about Wii like this.

This statement here shows that if people don' t agree with you, they' re not well
oriented as gamers.. That' s what I understand from it. Take for example
the PS3, when people slate it, you sit back and watch. Yet both consoles are in
the same boat, may I remind you lately that Nintendo' s rep has been flawless in
handhelds, not consoles.

I think what you need to understand is when someone makes a negative statement
about Wii and someone a positive, they are both as viable as each other because
they are assumptions, but to YOU it' s wrong and I quote:

it' s just silly to talk about Wii like this.

When someone speaks ill of the Wii. Why is that?

Or it' s not silly but proves that you didn' t experience this novelty for yourself - meaning that you' re not a very reliable source of speculation.

If that' s in reference to Wii, then neither have you and you are also not a reliable
source of speculation.

In terms of DS, I have I have nothing bad to say about it, but Nintendo' s handhelds
and home consoles are in two worlds, DS got all the support, whilst Gamecube lost a lot
of it. This is why:

ends up being the only people that support it

is an educated opinion as they come and is NOT

not a valid point.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 15 Jul 06 14:58:00 >

Tiz
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 23:09

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Lol Tiz, do you ever have an opinion or do you always continue to try and stir up crap about other posters?!

If i was to quote the things uve posted about althing Xbox360 itll be easy to label you as one of the biggest fanboys in the forum.. but ild rather not go there..

Everyone has had different gaming experiences and everyone trusts / prefers other games companies more than others, dosent make them a fanboy.

Please if you can find a post where I have sworn spetznaz allegiance to the 360
find it!

Oh and please go there... Don' t do something half-arsedly, I want a nice
detailed journal of everywhere where I' ve blindly said:

" 360 is the best!"

Don' t say I have said something and then say I could find it but don' t want to..
because that is a symptom of fanboyism right there; the ability to mouth of and
then not produce evidence.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Wanna make that 2 pence worth 5 pence worth at least?!

< Message edited by Tiz -- 15 Jul 06 15:12:22 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 23:23
There' s not enough difference between the actual power of PS3 and 360 to mean anything. Multi-platform games will look near identical meaning that you have to decide a) which pad you prefer, b) what kind of features you want (although they' ll be very similar), c) whether Blu-Ray or HD-DVD interests you and d) which games not available on other systems are for you.

Many people will want Gears of War but also want MGS4. They' re not going to be available on the same console so you' ll either have to buy both machines or go back and see what you answered for a, b and c and then factor in d and try and come up with an answer for yourself.

Cost is the next thing. If you can afford a PS3 then you could potentially afford 360+Wii, so will there be enough available on those two machines to counter your PS3 cravings?!

Wii is a different story in that while most already interested in the console will claim that visuals don' t mean anything to them and it' s the new control method that really matters, they ARE secretly hoping that it' s a significant step up from previous generation. Gamecube architecture was/is capable of putting out as nice/nicer visuals than Xbox but it only really showed through in a couple of games (Rogue Squadron/Leader, RE/0/4, Wind Waker/Twilight Princess etc) and Wii will perform multiples of that, but with PS3 and 360 going much further, will you be happy or will it get old quickly?!

Wii' s controller is going to do wonders for the industry. I seriously can' t wait to get my hands on the thing which is why i' m definately buying the machine at launch. DS changed the face of handhelds and many much prefer the GAMES on DS to those on PSP, simply because they' re more fun to play. PSP has a duff digital pad and a sub-stantard analog stick/nub, but if DS hadn' t come with it' s wonderous touchscreen and had been more like PSP, would PSP have seemed so bad?! If not, then how bad will 360' s and to a lesser degree PS3' s controlllers seem once you' ve played Wii?!

My recommendation is to hold off thinking about it until TGS in September as Wii and PS3 will have large showings there and Microsoft will be putting effort into showing off everything it' s got that' s Japanese developed.

Tiz
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 23:27
Forget that actually..

Wii FTW!
< Message edited by Tiz -- 15 Jul 06 15:33:38 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 15, 2006 23:38

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Majik, do you at least understand what I am saying aabout the Wii?

It' s yet to be proven that the controller will be accepted the way they need it to be. I mean, it' s one thing to touch things on screen, anybody can do that, but some people will still be uncomfortable using the Wiimote and may still find it hard to grasp exactly how it works.

Video' s from the showfloor (E3) showed gaming journalists actually struggling through the Twilight Princess demo because the controller wasn' t quite as " natural" as it would seem in your mind. Granted they got it eventually and hailed it the next best thing but if it takes somebody who' s been playing games for 20 years 20 minutes to get used to it in one game (bearing in mind that all games will have different ways of using it), then how will my parents feel or even my girlfriend when they get hold of it?!

Nintendo has long been seen as a kids company (Pokemon didn' t help), and so how easy will Wii' s contoller be to use for children that are say 7, 8, 9, 10 etc. They just might not " get it" .

The idea is GOLD and i have immense faith in Nintendo, but i had that same faith invested in SEGA and their Dreamcast.

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 02:19
I plan on getting them all eventually. Each of the consoles will have their own advantages and disadvantages to one another. There are so many games for the PS3 and Xbox 360 that have gotten me drooling already. Plus, the PS3 will support up to 7 players when offline, and will allow free online play! Whereas the Xbox 360 has its Xbox Live and Live Arcade. My uncle told me that Live is only something like £40 a year, which is definetely a good thing! The Wii, of course, has its unique controller, online Wi-fi and Virtual Console.

The games I am most looking forward to get/play on each are:

PS3
Assassin' s Creed
Killzone
Kingdom Hearts(mentioned ages ago)
Metal Gears Solid 4(after I have played and beaten the others )
Resident Evil 5
Sonic the Hedgehog

Xbox 360(Don' t own one yet)
Dead Rising
Gears of War
Huxley
Lost Planet
Oblivion
Prey

Wii
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Smash Bros Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Man, Nintendo sure do love their subtitles.
< Message edited by Marink -- 15 Jul 06 18:20:08 >

Tiz
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 02:29

ORIGINAL: Marink

I plan on getting them all eventually. Each of the consoles will have their own advantages and disadvantages to one another. There are so many games for the PS3 and Xbox 360 that have gotten me drooling already. Plus, the PS3 will support up to 7 players when offline, and will allow free online play! Whereas the Xbox 360 has its Xbox Live and Live Arcade. My uncle told me that Live is only something like £40 a year, which is definetely a good thing! The Wii, of course, has its unique controller, online Wi-fi and Virtual Console.

The games I am most looking forward to get/play on each are:

PS3
Assassin' s Creed
Killzone
Kingdom Hearts(mentioned ages ago)
Metal Gears Solid 4(after I have played and beaten the others )
Resident Evil 5
Sonic the Hedgehog

Xbox 360(Don' t own one yet)
Dead Rising
Gears of War
Huxley
Lost Planet
Oblivion
Prey

Wii
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Smash Bros Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Man, Nintendo sure do love their subtitles.

3 consoles, 6 titles each.... Are you an even person subconsciously, or did you
that on purpose to spread the love?

Marink is my hero everyone...

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 03:03
Yep, that' s me on the right, and Tiz on the left(we shall swap over later).

Anywhooo, I just thought I' d be fair and mention an equal amount of great titles. I believe 6 would be a fair number(it' s more than 5, but less than 7- how could it possibly be bad?).

Also, if one is confused as to which console to get(first), then they could choose easier from that small list about what sort of games would be best for them.

Or something like that....

]GaNgStA[
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 03:17

Take for example
the PS3, when people slate it, you sit back and watch. Yet both consoles are in
the same boat,

It' s funny you' ve been here for a few months now and I barely saw you before yet you seem to know everything about everyone.

When N announced new name " Wii" - you didn' t see me,when Sony announced price you obviously did not see me and you didn' t see me when fanboys where saying how PS3 walks all over 360.

Not saying they will, I am saying it wouldn' t surprise me, the same way it didn' t

I think it actually would since UMD is a sidefeature and Wii-mote (and don' t give me those retarded comments that were funny a month ago) is the core of Wii.
You could' ve done some more reading.

The Wii is in a league
of it' s own if it uses the controller, but if companies don' t conform to it and choose
to use " generic" controls, it gets compared on the grounds of 360 and PS3, where
to average Joe; it loses.

This is a very uneductaed guess since it' s clear since more than a month that even EA (that means something) makes original control schemes for Wii and those boys sure are excited)

This statement here shows that if people don' t agree with you, they' re not well
oriented as gamers..

I consider people, who ignored the DS and didn' t even check it," not well oriented gamers" .Doubts that they have, have been missing from well oriented gamers minds since this platform.

When someone speaks ill of the Wii. Why is that?

Taken out of context - that' s cheap.

If that' s in reference to Wii, then neither have you and you are also not a reliable
source of speculation.

As far as I can say it' s about DS (read first answer later) so it' s another cheap trick.I' m seriously starting to loose respect for you.

is an educated opinion as they come

Yeah you' re right it is an educated guess (although I don' t remember 360 launching with 20 games) yet not THAT educated as you obviously don' t read news about all systems.

find it!

oh please...

because that is a symptom of fanboyism right there

fanboy this fanboy that WTF is wrong with you - did you just learn a new word and want to train using it?

Read my answer to which console he should get at the beginning of this thread and tell me I' m a fanboy.

Both PS3 and Wii are in the same boat?

Don' t waste my time
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 15 Jul 06 19:41:34 >

f3hunter
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 03:23
Im not even gona say anything else other than, Go for what u know best and the reason why u like playing games and work out which of the three consoles comes closest to them terms.

Tiz
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 04:42
]GaNgStA[

I think what I am saying is falling on deaf ears or incredibly ignorant.

When I say they are in the same boat.... I mean they have not come out-if I need
to go into so much detail for you. To be precise, no way was I referring
to the features, at least even YOU would be smart enough to see what I mean.

You take EVERYTHING I say SO literally. I' ll dumb it down..

I' m talking about people' s assumptions here.... NOT what the features do.
It' s an example of assumptions.

This is a very uneductaed guess since it' s clear since more than a month that even EA (that means something) makes original control schemes for Wii and those boys sure are excited)

Ok....ok...ok..

You REALLY aren' t paying attention are you? I have never said it will definitelyfail.
My guess is educated because weren' t EA one of the first people to sign up to
the Cube... Now where is that? So don' t dismiss it as uneducated, when you
wouldn' t even dare quote me when I said:

In terms of DS, I have I have nothing bad to say about it, but Nintendo' s handhelds
and home consoles are in two worlds, DS got all the support, whilst Gamecube lost a lot
of it.

So if it is SO uneducated that I say Wii might lose support judging from past
experience on their home consoles then is the fact that Gamecube losing support in the past not a
lesson I have learnt from how people support the Big N?

Note if you don' t understand, you need LESSONS to form an education, and I have
learnt understood and made an educated opinion-which you are none too happy
about.

Taken out of context - that' s cheap.

How?

As far as I can say it' s about DS (read first answer later) so it' s another cheap trick.I' m seriously starting to loose respect for you.

Ok, so it' s about DS, again, handhelds and consoles are different ball parks.
Stop basing your answers around the DS and focus on the threads 3 big names
at hand.

Think of the Gamecube, and then see where I base my hypothesis, maybe then
you' ll be able to understand that this is NOTHING to do with the DS. My gripe
does not concern the DS.

find it!

oh please...

because that is a symptom of fanboyism right there

fanboy this fanboy that WTF is wrong with you - did you just learn a new word and want to train using it?

Read my answer to which console he should get at the beginning of this thread and tell me I' m a fanboy.

That is all in reference to F3 Hunter, not you ]GaNgStA[...

I never said you were a fanboy.

But if you really think I have sworn allegiance to the 360... SHow me where?
I' ve said why I like it, but never anything that states that I am aligned to it.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 05:09
In my regular fanboy fashion I was going to drop a Wii-bomb here with the convincing power of a nuclear weapon but... meh!
I' ll just make it easy for myself:

Nintendo

Playing = Believing

It may not look like a winner right now.
But once you' ve played it, you will believe!

fernandino
  • Total Posts : 661
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 05:56
When the PS3 comes out im gonna sell my old 360, mostly because Metal Gear Soli 4, the 60 GB Hard Drive, the free online, and the blu-ray drive cause i wanna play games on top conditions, 1080p via HDMI.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 05:59
not too sound like a fanboy or anything but i plan to get a wii and i already have a 360 but i have no intention for getting a ps3.

for 360 theres alot to like

for the wii u got all the classics like mario zelda metroid etc.

but for ps3 i cant think of anything i wont thats not on the other 2.

when the last gen. consoles were out the only reason i wanted a ps2 was for the gta series and the smackdown series which r now on the 360 so i see no use in getting it.

Silentbomber
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 07:13

when the last gen. consoles were out the only reason i wanted a ps2 was for the gta series and the smackdown series which r now on the 360 so i see no use in getting it

Gta and Smackdown?

you sure?

if so, you missed some great games.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 15 Jul 06 23:14:46 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 07:35

I think what I am saying is falling on deaf ears or incredibly ignorant.

Your thinking isn' t any good to be honest.

When I say they are in the same boat.... I mean they have not come out

Cool, so you' ve found one thing PS3 and Wii have in common - sorry but I didn' t think you were that retarded - no need to dumb down your posts man - I can' t imagine them being any dumber actually

I' m talking about people' s assumptions here.... NOT what the features do.
It' s an example of assumptions.

Oh so now you' re showing what assumptions are? How educational.

My guess is educated because weren' t EA one of the first people to sign up to
the Cube... Now where is that?

But like I said - you lack the educational part of this " Guess" since these aren' t ports and EA isn' t the only company to sign up (20 launch titles) - and what' s more , make full use of unique features that Wii has - that' s different.Those games are original titles or unique versions of known series.You seem like you don' t know much about Wii and many recent announcements.

experience on their home consoles then is the fact that Gamecube losing support in the past not a
lesson I have learnt from how people support the Big N?

Home consoles are different , that' s right , but this time your wannabe-educated guess forgot factors like development costs - this feature alone makes all those companies sign up for Wii.

I' m tired of defending Wii from ignorants - I talk so much about it that it makes me look like it' s the only system I care about.

Ok, so it' s about DS, again, handhelds and consoles are different ball parks.

Come on man...read previous posts and what that part was about - it was about bringing innovation and how people react to it, even Nintendo said that DS was a trial before Wii.

To be honest It' s not something you said - it' s the image I get when I read your stuff thhat makes me go " oh great another 360 fanboy" - that' s why I asked for your Gaming CV :)

And relax with this " fanboy" crap - seriously it' s pretty offensive for anyone who fought fanboys on forums and knows what stupid motherfuckers these halfbrain bitches are.

Ginjirou R you for Real with all the Nintendo love?

When the PS3 comes out im gonna sell my old 360, mostly because Metal Gear Soli 4, the 60 GB Hard Drive, the free online, and the blu-ray drive cause i wanna play games on top conditions, 1080p via HDMI.

That' s cool - but when PS3 comes out all you gonna play is the nice menu.MGS4 won' t be out in 2006 (If I' m correct it will be out in 2008) and at the same time X360 should have many of it' s most wanted titles.And by the way, games on PS3 will run in 720p (all announced games are in 720p) , the only thing you can see in true 1080p are Blue-ray movies.

I' m not trying to say you shouldn' t get one - it' s your choice , but you sound like you want to show that PS3 owns 360 so much.

Free online is a great thing - if it ends up being free,1.3 HDMI is a great feature and HDD is cool.Getting a launch unit of PS3 will bring even more problems than 360 I think.Sony is famous for having many hardware flaws in first versions - MS didn' t quite deliver this time as well.

These posts have gotten to long - I' m not fighting you anymore Tiz - it' s just pointless.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 15 Jul 06 23:37:23 >

ginjirou
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 07:54

Ginjirou R you for Real with all the Nintendo love?

To be honest with you, Nintendo is my favourite console manufacturer.
But Sega is still my number one company as it has been since the Genesis/Mega Drive days.
When I was new here I was taken for a Sony fanboy simply because I liked them (didn' t hate them).
Recently I made some fanboy parodies playing the role as a Nintendo fanboy and I thought it was quite fun. It' s fun to be a fanboy! Occasionally I continue to play that role just for fun (the " Playing = Believing" text is a hint ). But even though I' m joking my love for Nintendo is still real.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Jul 06 23:55:31 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 08:23
That' s why I' m asking - cause I never saw this NLuv before :)

I really wish SEGA was still making consoles - Dreamcast was my favourite system of all times - DS is doing very good in my ranking and could place right behind DC.

I really liked Sony in PSX era - and I loved PSX, so many great games...PS2 times were pretty disappointing on Sony' s side , but 3rd party guys managed to make it a great system and now all this crap with PS3...

I' ve also played almost every good game on Xbox and finished everyone I really liked including some imports, but I never liked this huge ugly box - I modded it and had some awesome not-so-legal virtual console service :)

I kinda see how all those next generations leave a mark on me - like this time I really don' t give a fuck - I' m very interested in Wii cause it' s a very brave step and something revolutionary, but I don' t care anymore who wins or shit like that.
I know I' ll play all the good games from all the systems eventually so it doesn' t matter.That doesn' t stop me from fighting with fanboys LOL :)

PS2 won this gen and I got it as my last system - I' ve been trying to finish all those AAA games for quite some time and still have a few left :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 16 Jul 06 0:25:47 >

Silentbomber
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 09:31

MGS4 won' t be out in 2006 (If I' m correct it will be out in 2008)

Corrected.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 16, 2006 19:39

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 19, 2006 06:00

Cool, so you' ve found one thing PS3 and Wii have in common - sorry but I didn' t think you were that retarded - no need to dumb down your posts man - I can' t imagine them being any dumber actually

I just had some home-made tamales! MmmmMmmm! They were sooo good.

But like I said - you lack the educational part of this " Guess" since these aren' t ports and EA isn' t the only company to sign up (20 launch titles) - and what' s more , make full use of unique features that Wii has - that' s different.Those games are original titles or unique versions of known series.You seem like you don' t know much about Wii and many recent announcements.

They were chicken tamales, which I normally don' t eat. I usually get the beef variety, but my sister brought these for me.

experience on their home consoles then is the fact that Gamecube losing support in the past not a lesson I have learnt from how people support the Big N?

WTF are you talking about?! The tamales were DAMN good. You need to research shit a little more if you' re gonna comment on it! I don' t know where you get your info, dude, but you need to check your sources. Tamales ROCK!

And relax with this " fanboy" crap - seriously it' s pretty offensive for anyone who fought fanboys on forums and knows what stupid motherfuckers these halfbrain bitches are.

I don' t see you' re point! What about the corn paste used to make the tamales? I think your just guessing about all that, because I' ve never heard of that. Honestly, if you' ve never had tamales (which I think is the case) you should STFU!!

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I' m not trying to say you shouldn' t eat nothing but tamales. C' mon man, be serious! That' s just fanboy talk right there. Don' t bring that shit around here. I think you' re disrespecting all the tamale eaters on the forum, and that' s just uncalled for!

I am chicken, hear me ROOOOAAAR!!

Oh. Sorry dude. I didn' t know. Next time I' ll have beef.

ginjirou
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 19, 2006 08:09
Weird

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 40 of 111