• Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 08, 2006 06:42
terry i just PM' d you

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 08, 2006 09:11
Aha! the woes of your troubled upgradeing Firmware are at an end!

Come ' ere and have a gander at this:

http://www.modchipstore.com/Undiluted-Platinum-PSP-Mod-Chip-Fix-Bricked-PSP-with-full-featur-16328.aspx

Now the light side o' legal-land hates you, you stealing knave, Be Gone!
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Abasoufiane
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 14, 2006 21:04
ok guys, i' ve hold my judgement about PSP for some days now untile i have a clear thought in mind, what i like and dislike about this gear.

i' ll start with the minuses

first of all, i have to mention that the d pad totaly sucks, it' s hilarious to think that sony doesn' t try its producvt before sending it to the market, i just can' t see any reason for making such a big mistake, even the ps2 d pad is much better... psp d pad is not a d pad but rather 4 buttons.

second, the analog isn' t in the right place and should stand out a little more, maybe they did that for the convenience because it' s portable and oyu don' t want something sticking out when it' s in your pocket.. that analog isn' t confortable but no big deal i guess.

third, intresting AAA games are really really scarce and what' s worse is that even the future doesn' t look really bright.

oh that square button, what' s up with that ?

the PSP catch dirt and prints easily, it' s almost a pain to clean it each time.

no protection for the screen.

not really confortable in hand ...

ok here are things i liked/ loved

first of all, Price vs quality, it' s really awesome and so cheap for what it offers, i bought mine psp1.5 with 2gig of memory , costing me 330$ (tax included).

once you have the 1.5, you can instal homebrew, play your back up copies -isos), almost perfect emultors, listen to music, play movies from your memory stick, surf the internet, chat on msn, watch your photos, read some magazines ... i loved all these options , as i said i think the PSP it' s cheap for all these offers.

some games totaly hooked me in, Locoroco, i loved that game, so beautiful , fun , and orginal.
ridge racer , wipeout, and luminies, tales of eternia and ... let' s say a few more

about those loadings you guys complain about, man once i put the game on the memory stick, the loadings are sooo fast, the average would be ooonly 3 second!!!!

futur options like psone emulations , P2P phone and GPS!!!

huge support from the homebrew community.

the design of the consoole is classy, well you know that i guess :p

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 15, 2006 00:06
can you play newer isos? I' ve heard that only old backups work :)

Check this out if you don' t like fingerprints and scratches

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,2746.htm

Everyone else who hates 360 looks (yeah I know you love the way it looks ...) or want to add some personal flava to your DS Lite , go there as well.

(check the black 360 version - looks nice)

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 14 Jul 06 16:10:28 >

Abasoufiane
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 15, 2006 00:42
yes i can play teh newest games, i don' t know if all of them work, but so far all games i own work fine, locoroco is pretty much a new games it' s requires 2.6 firmware and it works fine, same for capcom remix or outrun coast to coast.

i just downloaded devhook 0.44 which pretty much emulate the latest firmware 2.7, once it is emulated on your psp, you can run all the options that come with this firmware... you can even connecet to interent with no hassle ...

hey guys i have a question, is it possible to play online ?? or is it just local wireless , if so what are the game that you can play online on PSP , please let me know , real online , not local wireless... not a single PSP in my neighborhood, so playing online is important for me... thanks.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 15, 2006 03:25
Psp has a few games online, Socom:Fire Team Bravo [and the up coming sequal] are very popular online and allow around 8 players to play each other.

The new Tekken has some sort of online option, but Rumors suggest that its only ghosts and tableboards and the like, no direct play.

Twisted metal is online too, but due to the fact that I dont own a psp, I dont know every game that is online, and it is hard to find a list of all the wifi enabled games.

They are just a few.

[you better watch out and not Brick your psp when using DevHook.]
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 14 Jul 06 19:26:19 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Abasoufiane
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 15, 2006 06:30
as long as you don' t youch the bios of your psp , that is flashing for exemple to dwongrade, there is really veery small risk, and it definitly worth it. but thanks for the advice and thanks for the answer about online, so when i heard people say that you can play with your friend virtua tennis through wifi, they only mean local play

well i might give socom a try , but i' m really not exxcited about that game.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 15, 2006 06:34
I' ve heard that Syphon filter for PSP is awesome.

I' ve also found some cool stuff about homebrew DS Lite - I' m gonna have the best DS ever :)

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 48 of 48