Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 In-Game COD3 with a interview.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Jul 07, 2006 01:52
A near-sensible " 1 man army" could involve you as a Viet Cong guerilla fighting in Nam against the Americans. Not very PC, but it would be a lot of fun. Hide in the jungle, hit a bunch of Americans and leg it before the jungle gets demolished!

I' ve been playing CodD2 for the past couple of nights online as some more of my friends got online with their Xboxes. It' s great, now the lag issues and sound (i.e. talking during DM) have been addressed.

We were given a severe thrashing by a kHz XXXXXXXXX team at Headquarters though. I need some serious practise at this! I haven' t seen any of you guys playing it but I' ll give you an invite if you are!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 04, 2006 20:38
Anyone see the half page update in this months Edge about COD3?

Basically says the 360 version is intense, and the PS3 version currently looks appauling. I remember that early screenies illustrated this, but is there any up to date media to confirm this?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 04, 2006 20:49
If they wanted to make a game that was COD2 only with 24 players online I' d still buy it. COD2 is awsome and Cod3 is likely going to be the last game I buy in 2006.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 4 Oct 06 12:53:33 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 04, 2006 21:05

ORIGINAL: musashi

Anyone see the half page update in this months Edge about COD3?

Basically says the 360 version is intense, and the PS3 version currently looks appauling. I remember that early screenies illustrated this, but is there any up to date media to confirm this?

No, but if you can scan it, it' d be appreciated.
Ikashiru

RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 02:18
Almost worth a new thread, they are cuting it REALLY close on the PS3.

Didnt have a scanner at work, so took a pic with digi cam and dumped it to laptop on way home.

I have highlighted the bit about the PS3 for reference. Surely a que for Quez to start one of his awesome threads!?
< Message edited by musashi -- 4 Oct 06 18:19:34 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 02:37
Well, that' s interesting, nobody has a picture of what CoD:2 looked at about this time (proximity to launch) do they, to compare?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 02:43
Nice work.

Hmmm, now what did i post a thread about several months ago...

NOTE: It means less than some might thnk. In short the code that the 360 and PC versions share will have to have been completely re-written for PS3 because of how different it' s architecture is. The only reason why this is important, and it is, is because it gives an indication of problems being encountered by developers when using PC based engine code -- this is mirrored by the problems some developers are having with Unreal Engine 3.0 and getting the games running properly on Sony' s machine. UE3.0 is important because of how many games planned for release on PS3 are being developed using the engine.
Ikashiru

RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 02:48
This time last year COD2 was in the can for PC & 360, i' m sure I have some screenies from around that time.

Shame most sites take their previews down. The game was certainly getting rave previews at this time as it was one of my main motivations to get a 360 ahead of launch!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 02:56
Really? Ah well, I' m just wondering what kind of curve we' re to expect with the visuals.
Ikashiru

RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 03:01
I hope they sort them out, and im REALLY interested to see what the Wii version looks like!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 03:06
Depending on how updated the gameplay/visuals are on the 360 version, I might just hold off on the pretty version for a while & pick it up for the Wii.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 09:55
I like both CoD & BiA, and have finished all of them (plus all the Medal of honor series). I not sick of WWII shooters, considering theres not much subject matter to base FPS on (i' m not a big fan of Futuristic shooters). Anyway as for BiA, i' ve always hated the fact that you had to take care of your squad mates. If i lost one i would start the level again. In the end i just left the squad in a protected area and did every mission on my own CoD style. It took longer, and was more frustrating but i still finished it. But i still enjoyed the game. Same with CoD.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 10:45
Yeah I hate giving squad orders in FPS' s, if they did a decent job with the A.I. we wouldn' t need to.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 10:47

aaah non! monsewer!

it' s monsieur... salopard!!

COD 3 doesn' t impress me so far, it looks beter than COD2 and i' m sure it' ll be a good game but i don' t think it' ll make the same impact as what COD2 did. BIA3 is the real and taht game doesn' t look cartoony at al, it' s just awesome, i played the first and the second, and i really loved that feeling when you try really hard to hit the enemy , if your crossfire is on the enemy it doesn' t mean you' ll hit him even if he' s still.. which make more pressure on the player and what' s good here is that even the enemy can' t touch you easily .
Ikashiru

RE: In-Game COD3 with a interview. - Oct 05, 2006 18:57

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

aaah non! monsewer!

it' s monsieur... salopard!!

I know that! I got an A* for my GCSE in french, i was just in a weird mood back when I wrote that back then!

I get the feeling with next gen stuff currently they are trying to impress us too much early on in projects with CG etc.. still, so when we see the final games, although pretty - perhaps dont have the same punch we thought they were going to have.

I think this is shaping up nicely. Anyone want to do the Silo mission on hardest setting on COD2, I am up to my neck with lectures and I' ve allready tried it like 5 times!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message