PS3 your paying for Potential!

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 108 of 108
Gaiden BLACK
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 0
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 18:53
show me where I HAVE said anything about 360
Rest in PEACE Cetra and GANGSTA you guys will be missed..........

Gaiden BLACK
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 18:54
How muchy space can a HD DVD hold

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 19:31
25-30 GB

check this out if you want to hear about potential :

https://forum.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=55776&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Gaiden BLACK
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 19:34
Thanks for that link ganagsta sounds interesting, do u think blu ray is the only thing ps3 have going for them?

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 20:05

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

How muchy space can a HD DVD hold

15GB (single layer), 30GB (dual layer), 45GB (triple layer)

Didn' t you read Chee Saws post?!

Here' s the link he posted about the 45GB HD-DVD discs...

45GB HD-DVD

...and here' s the link he posted regarding HD-DVD' s capacities...

HD-DVD Capacities

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 20:20

Thanks for that link ganagsta sounds interesting, do u think blu ray is the only thing ps3 have going for them?

I dunno if that' s all they have but it' s mainly what they seem to be pushing this gen.

Hidemoto
  • Total Posts : 311
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 20:37
that HDMI kinda sounds cool gangsta but if i don´t have a HDtv than why should i care about it? It has cool possibilities but HDtv in europe isn´t quite mainstream and HDtvs are still expensive...

let´s see then a 600€ console (PS3) and HDtv about 1599€ (i saw this in store)...all together makes 2200€ ...to get what? image a little better? (as if 360' s graphics sucked) and a slightly better sound?

industrocyberbot23
  • Total Posts : 108
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 20:46
Hidemoto,

I got a HDTV this year (a Samsung, a bigger version of the same TV that the Xbox360 display uses in stores) and I' m well chuffed. I havn' t shelled out the extra for HDTV through my cable, as you need a new box then extra on the subscription price (OUCH!!!) but for gaming it' s class. I won' t go back! I got a 32" widescreen from www.dabs.co.uk for £800 delivered. Class!!!

****flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms****
****mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace****

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 20:49
Yeah,that price is like 2/10 of what americans pay for their HD tv' s.

I hade around 800-900 usd in my hand,had to decie if i wanted a 360 + smaller things or a HDTV,i took 360 ofc.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Hidemoto
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 20:57

Yeah,that price is like 2/10 of what americans pay for their HD tv' s.

OMG....

I hade around 800-900 usd in my hand,had to decie if i wanted a 360 + smaller things or a HDTV,i took 360 ofc.

that would´ve been my choice too

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 28, 2006 23:02

It' s going to be very close this time. Blu-Ray does have a good chance of succeeding with the PS3 because it' ll be forced into peoples living rooms regardless of whether they have an HDTV or not. HD-DVD does not have that advantage. But I don' t think the PS3 will be as wildly popular this time around simply because of the price - especially in countries like Australia where the exchange rate will probably take the price beyond $AU900. And that' s without any games or extra controllers.

HD-DVD does have the price point advantage - both in the living room and in the fabrication plants. It doesn' t require any major changes to current production lines for it to be implemented. Blu-Ray does. Therefore it' ll be much cheaper to produce and much cheaper for the end users. Another major win for HD-DVD is that both Microsoft and Intel are backing it (as well as a host of other large companies). That is a monumental force considering the size and influence those companies have.

I guess how successful Blu-Ray is depends on how long Sony can haemorrhage money and how accepted the PS3 is. Without a doubt the PS3 will be a hit among the hardcore users and most likely will sell out within the first few months. But once the hardcore market goes, for the average buyer it' s not very attractive considering the alternatives offered from Nintendo and Microsoft. It' s generally the average buyers that determine the success of the console, not the fanboys or hardcore markets.

...exactly.. ....i didn' t know my elbow from my a$$ about High Definition to 360 & PS3 came along, which is probably true for the majority of the non-hardcore market...

....so i think the success of HD is primally going to be down to these two competing companies/formats, stelthing HD into our homes....

....now with 360, HD movie playback is not included as standard (you have to purchase the attachment separately, and suffer no HDMI) ...something which most people won' t buy (because most people don' t really give a fig about HD)...

....With PS3 however, Blu-ray is there from the start... ...you will subtly be forced into Blu-ray IMMEDIATELY because once you own it, the next day you' ll be selling your dvd player on ebay and salivating over all those new low 41" prices....

...the double blow of having a single all in one machine that is begging to be hooked up to a HD display for both gaming and movies, will increase the demand for High Def MASSIVELY.....

.....anyway for those who can afford it, PS3 will be very tempting because of Blu-ray..... ...typically young guys with their own income..... ..... i can see Wii being the main choice for parents with 360 attempting to be both cutting edge and cheap at the same time....

...errrr... ...which thread is this again?.... ...oops.. ..waaaay of topic....

...should of posted HERE really...

Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 00:56
All you people saying that you can barely tell the difference between SD and HD need EYEBALL IMPLANTS!! What the hell?! You' re saying you can' t see the difference when you TRIPLE the resolution of something? And that' s just 720p! I just watched Star Wars III in high def the other day, and all I could say was DAMN!! Oh well. I' ll just pray for you guys!

Absolutely not. The PS3 is a very capable game console in the right hands (based on specs and what I' ve seen thus far.) That being said, I haven' t seen any games that make me want one yet, although the Blu-ray capabilities do look mighty attractive.

Oh yeah; 360 HD-DVD add-on

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 00:59
NINTENDOSEGAMICROSOFTSONY

All you people saying that you can barely tell the difference between SD and HD need EYEBALL IMPLANTS!! What the hell?! You' re saying you can' t see the difference when you TRIPLE the resolution of something? And that' s just 720p! I just watched Star Wars III in high def the other day, and all I could say was DAMN!! Oh well. I' ll just pray for you guys!

I notice the difference between SD and HD. But then, I don' t care about the difference. SD is fine.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 01:10

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I notice the difference between SD and HD. But then, I don' t care about the difference. SD is fine.

Well, I guess that' s valid. I guess some people don' t care whether they drive a Farrari or a Pinto, as long as it gets them from A to B.

Me? I watch too many movies at home to NOT upgrade to HD! I LOVE my movies, man!

And no, my car is NOT a Pinto!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 01:23
ofc HD is much better then SD,however all SD next gen xbx360 games use next gen graphic upgrades as with pixel shader 3.0/HDR and the old but newly for console games AA.

These things alone make every game nex tgen,then they ofc upgrade their graphic engine.

Ofc a game with lower res but with best graphic engine as Gears of war,gonna beat all other awesome looking game with higher reso that still doesnt have such a high graphic engine as Unreal engine 3.0
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 02:30

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

Well, I guess that' s valid. I guess some people don' t care whether they drive a Farrari or a Pinto, as long as it gets them from A to B.

Me? I watch too many movies at home to NOT upgrade to HD! I LOVE my movies, man!

And no, my car is NOT a Pinto!

Why drive a fast Ferrari when the speed limit doesn' t allow you to use it to it' s full potential anyway?
Buy a Toyota instead, decent price, never breaks, great service.
For me videogames is all about gameplay. Graphics matters of course but to me it' s the art direction that makes the visuals good or bad. I' m still impressed by the visuals in some NES, SNES, Mega Drive and Saturn games.
Higher resolution doesn' t affect my experience at all. And it certainly doesn' t affect gameplay even the slightest, and gameplay matters most.
Bring out the full potential of FUN instead of the full potential of IMPRESSIVE.

Hidemoto
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 02:30

graphic upgrades as with pixel shader 3.0/HDR

quez, you really like using pixel shader 3.0 in a sentence

Gaiden BLACK
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 04:36
will ps3 have quick loading times?

Hidemoto
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 04:47

maybe at first years but it´s the same problem in every generation, you increase processing speed then developers increase data that will slow down the machine.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 04:54

Actually its a really slow bluray drive, only 2x speed! We' ll see if that means anything when its released!

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 11:01
It does has a hdd support for each sku, so that might reduce the loading times, but the drive speed is only 2x. Not fantastic.

But dont expect huge loading times.

" Playstation 3 dosent load, It calculates if you are worthy enough to play it"
- Ken.

" Playstation 3 will take 3-4 hours to load the menu"
- Unamed Dev. for 360.

" My dogs breath smells of cat food!"
- Shigeru Miyamoto

Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Hidemoto
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 29, 2006 11:11

" Playstation 3 dosent load, It calculates if you are worthy enough to play it"
- Ken.

" Playstation 3 will take 3-4 hours to load the menu"
- Unamed Dev. for 360.

" My dogs breath smells of cat food!"
- Shigeru Miyamoto

LOL

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 30, 2006 07:07

Graphics matters of course but to me it' s the art direction that makes the visuals good or bad

I totally agree - I don' t expect Xbox 360 or PS3 to have anything as impressive visually as upcoming OKAMI for PS2 - not soon at least.

Hidemoto
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 30, 2006 11:55
Ok...just one thing...

in the oficial european PS3 site it says that PS3 has 256mb ram

360 has 512mb...

isn´t that more potential?

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 30, 2006 11:58
Hidemoto, why are you u at this time?

Yes, you could ask me the same damn question but that' s cheating..
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Hidemoto
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 30, 2006 12:25
haha

well....i was working on some code so i couldn´t go to sleep while it still had flaws.

how about you? yes ...i am a cheater

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 30, 2006 20:43
well its more of how its used rather than whats their Hidemoto , you could find a 256mb Graphics card, that dosent mean its better than the 128mb one.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: PS3 your paying for Potential! - Jun 30, 2006 22:15
360 has 512Mb of ' unified' RAM, meaning that the CPU and GPU can access as much or as little as they require allowing for things like 200Mb RAM being used by the CPU and 312MB used by the GPU. It can be split however it' s needed and is more efficient.

PS3 has 512Mb RAM too but it' s split straight down the middle with 256Mb for CELL and 256Mb for RSX. It can' t be divided up ANY other way and the developers have to live with it. RSX however can render the entire 512Mb leaving CELL with virtually none, but that' s hardly going to be a common way for using it. It' s a bit tardy on Sony' s side but my guess is that they couldn' t find a workaround.

Both machines can use the HDD (if present in 360) as an additional buffer/cache so PS3 has the slight advantage of all loading times being the same regardless of which SKU you bought.

The one thing that 360 has that PS3 doesn' t is an additional 10Mb of extremely fast eDRAM which will primarily be used for anti-aliasing. Whether it' ll actually make a noticable difference or not i don' t know.

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 108 of 108