360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more?

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more? - Jun 25, 2006 03:56
I just read this at a xbox360 employers blogpage,basically some people who created 360 has a blog where they talk about 360 and upcoming stuff and what they does and has done.

perhaps im paranoid,but it sound as 360 istn' t selling as good MS want,and they might not reach the 10 million units if the sales doesnt change soon...
Anyway here is their blog post,what do you guys think?

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

As you’re all aware, there have been rumors of a price drop for the Xbox 360 coming along later this year. The official word from folks in the know is that there are currently no plans for a price drop this fall.

If you’ve been holding off picking one up because you think they’ll be cheaper in the future, or they’ve been hard to find, or because you’re too busy catching up on past episodes of Lost, wait no longer!

It’s probably worth repeating that it takes a mere $299 (US) to join the next generation. You get hi-def game play, Xbox Live Silver for free, DVD movie playback, and MP3 player integration so you can listen on the awesome system you have hooked up to your home theater speakers. You can add a hard drive and wireless controllers when you have a few extra bucks. And with Xbox Live, you can be online and pwning your so-called gamer friends as soon as you hook up the system.

Think of all those long, lonely days between now and whenever that you could be playing Oblivion, GRAW, COD2, Fight Night 3, PGR3, and all those Xbox Live Arcade games everyone’s raving about (with even more on the way), all in hi-def. And there are more great games coming in the weeks ahead, including LOTR BFME II, Chrome Hounds, Dead Rising, and Madden NFL 07. Besides that, think of all those gamerscore points you’re not accumulating while you put off the purchase. You could hit 10,000 points before your friends pick up their Xbox 360!

Just think… this holiday as some people go broke because they’re forced to buy movie technology with their game console, you’ll be choosing from a 160 games, including Gears of War, Madden 07, Splinter Cell, Forza 2, and lots more. Oh and later on? How about Mass Effect, Halo 3, and Grand Theft Auto for starters.

Pick one up on the way home from work, and tell your S.O. that you got a killer deal that you just couldn’t pass up. C’mon. You know you want to…
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
RE: 360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more? - Jun 25, 2006 05:48
it' s a strange time of the year - nothing happens in the industry.I can' t wait for TGS :)

I' d get 360 a long time ago (the software' s there already) but I need mine to be the new model with no issues (that' s cause I won' t get it with any warranty).

I think I' ll get myself a nice (native 720p) projector with it :)

QuezcatoL
RE: 360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more? - Jun 25, 2006 06:54
I got a response from one of the guys who dev 360 and wrote this....

Hey, I' m just responding to the rumors, and letting those who haven' t bought a unit that they shouldn' t wait for a price drop. I' m not sure I' d classify that as " desparate."

Dyack
  • Total Posts : 61
RE: 360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more? - Jun 25, 2006 07:47
He' s obviously just calling for anyone thinking there is a price drop and waiting for that to arrive to not wait because there are no plans for a price drop.

People assuming the 360 will have a price drop later this year would be an absolute disaster for Microsoft in a couple of ways.

#1 Possibility of them not reaching sales goals because people are waiting
#2 and definetly the worst of all the wii and ps3 is out and some 360 potentials change their minds and decide to go with a ps3 or wii. (Not that such a decision will be easy on them with the types of games due later on this year)

QuezcatoL
RE: 360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more? - Jun 25, 2006 07:54
I love how he and ms eomployers like to say that XBL arcade is in HD.
AHum...2d games in HD?

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: 360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more? - Jun 26, 2006 00:18

I love how he and ms eomployers like to say that XBL arcade is in HD.
AHum...2d games in HD?

Well they are in HD. HD is a matter of resolution, so if the 2d images are drawn in the right HD resolution, its just as HD as a 3d game would be! Would you think cartoons couldnt be shown in HD since they are 2d drawn? 2d can easily be HD

Hidemoto
  • Total Posts : 311
RE: 360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more? - Jun 26, 2006 00:36
well....they do sound a bit desperate but like gangsta said it´s that time of the year where videogames aren´t that interesting...i mean summer...

also... good games will only come up around christmas and thanks giving for americans

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: 360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more? - Jun 26, 2006 01:18
They would say that wouldn' t they? Even if they were planning a price drop before PS3, they' d want as many people as possible to buy a 360 at full price in the mean time. If they confirmed a price drop then most people would probably want to wait.

I don' t think it necessarily means 360s aren' t selling well though.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 25 Jun 06 17:19:20 >

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: 360 sales has halted? or does MS employers ask for much more? - Jun 26, 2006 01:36
No matter what Microsoft has in mind I think it was pretty strange to write like that on a blog.