Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 06:26
I wonder if there will be any differences at all , Anyway the HD E3 gameplay trailer blew me away.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 07:52
We' ve locked this down a while ago, and being able to focus on fewer platforms means that the game is going to kick more ass than ever before. By going with Vista, we don' t have to compromise everything to the lowest common PC denominator and since we' re not doing a PS3 version we can go all out with PC and 360 multithreading, HDR rendering etc. This focus benefits the tech and game design immensely.

Wrote one of the Alan wake creators,what...is it a problem using HDR? with ps3?
Or did i get it wrong,or has they become ms fanboys since they dev for vista/360?
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 15:44
N3 confirmed for ps3?? No way :)

Judging by how well the game was running... there will most definetly be more enemies than what we saw on screen. Heavenly Sword actually looked pretty damn impressive. It wasn' t the most amazing graphics ever, but it felt right in the majority of areas. They said they' ll be targeting 30fps for the final game with more effects.

If Heavenly Sword delivers on the outdoor environments and it looks as good as I expect it to and the story is a strong one Sony has a hit on their hands. The gameplay already looks really fun and accessible and thats what its all about.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 19:13

Wrote one of the Alan wake creators,what...is it a problem using HDR? with ps3?

I don' t think so - VF5 uses it.What they meant is that it' s easier for them to make it for both PC and 360 cause their hardware is quite alike (or not as different as P4 Vs Cell).

HDR does require a lot of performance power comparing to older lightning techniques.
QuezcatoL

RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 19:59
Okay :)
ALan wake is a game i gotta have,i really loved max payne,and im sure they can deliver a horror/adventure game also.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 20:04

ORIGINAL: Dyack

N3 confirmed for ps3?? No way :)

Judging by how well the game was running... there will most definetly be more enemies than what we saw on screen. Heavenly Sword actually looked pretty damn impressive. It wasn' t the most amazing graphics ever, but it felt right in the majority of areas. They said they' ll be targeting 30fps for the final game with more effects.

If Heavenly Sword delivers on the outdoor environments and it looks as good as I expect it to and the story is a strong one Sony has a hit on their hands. The gameplay already looks really fun and accessible and thats what its all about.

AMEN dyack your the man
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 20:17

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Okay :)
ALan wake is a game i gotta have,i really loved max payne,and im sure they can deliver a horror/adventure game also.

Alan wake is on top of my list and I keep checking their site everyday for any news....hope it comes soon.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 22:12
Compareing a grainy magizine scan of a unfinshed game to a high res shot of a finshed game?

Thats hardly fair.
QuezcatoL

RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 22:30
That screenshot form the 360 game looked kind of so-so...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 25, 2006 22:56

Compareing a grainy magizine scan of a unfinshed game to a high res shot of a finshed game?

Thats hardly fair.

And like i said, i understand that. But even from the magazine scan, it' s obvious the texture (and modelling) work on the weapon and hands look very bad when compared the the 360 version of the 2nd in the series.

The 360 shot i posted, as Quez noted isn' t even as nice as Call of Duty 2 looks in HD, but my point is that the weapons in CoD2 look great with wood textures looking like wood and metal textures looking like metal.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 26, 2006 01:52
I think it' s an insult against the developers not to expect them to do something about that ugly PS3 weapon. They' re not retards.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 26, 2006 02:00

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I think it' s an insult against the developers not to expect them to do something about that ugly PS3 weapon. They' re not retards.

It' s their own fault for releasing that screenshot.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 CoD3 looks DREADFUL! - Jun 26, 2006 03:09

It' s their own fault for releasing that screenshot

I wouldn' t call it a fault Majik, as far as everything else goes, that pic looks pretty solid. I' m doubting they wanted our focus to be on the crappy looking M1 in the guy' s hand anyway. I think it' s more to show that it' s an actual ingame screen, and not just pre-vis work, or a pic captured from a map they' re working on. It is hard to believe they' d have all the environments, and character models, looking as good as they will, say, 2 months before launch, right now.

But, as much as I' m hoping the ps3 version will look good, there' s a point where i just say. " Let the developers worry about it" .
The article in the corner about the Wii version however, is worth reading. as is the one in the top left. They don' t harp about the visuals, as awesome they may be, they talk little more in depth about gameplay and storyline, which is a nice change.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 25 Jun 06 19:29:10 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread