Not so good ps3 hardware information

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 50 of 50
Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 07:08
This is getting as stupid as your comments. You' re an idiot! There is only you here who see' s things this way and you' re understanding of the industry is laughable.

How old are you again?

Cetra
  • Total Posts : 153
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 07:12
your like a spoiled little kid who only can offend others when they proove you wrong, can' t you act adult? obviously not

absolutely none of what I have said has false basis and it can all be backed up, now how old are you? your the most truly ignorant person i' ve met

-

infact, you try to talk for everyone all the time, you have to insult me, your highly arrogant and unable to see others point of view you nor do you respect other peoples oposing opinions

i have never called you bad words or insulted you ever, but you keep going at it, and for all the above mentioned, its kinda sickening - what you do to a discussion that could be mature is demoralising and i remove my part in this, goodbye
< Message edited by Cetra -- 6 Jun 06 23:26:10 >

Nitro
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 07:32
You mean it' s your bedtime?

I think you' ll find that the only person complaining is you, and that you are also the only person here with the opinion that Sony is doing things " right" . That' s why people joke about you and your " love" for Sony.

If you can' t take constructional critism aimed at your favourite gaming company, the you' re in the wrong place and should probably go post in a Sony biased forum.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 6 Jun 06 23:37:29 >

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 07:54
Cetra,you said i was wrong and that russia was allied to japan under ww2,and that japanese people got rich by being hard working fishermans,i mean where do you learn your things?

You also said being a producer means nothing,attacking Sakaguchi,then when i say Shigeru has been producer of all his games you dont responde to me,thats not childish?
Just say you' re wrong when you are,we others do it,but you cant " be wrong" apprently you just leave.
You say now its because of majiks behavior,but when we have chatte dyou only dissapear when you have no facts to back up your claims.

The rumble is perfect feature,i just came from 4 sweaty games of table tennis,when i hit the ball,the rumble pack let me know what kind of spin is on that ball,and how much i dare to hit it with.

WIthout rumble in Table Tennis it would have sucked,also FPS should have rumble pack,and racing games should have that shaking feeling.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 6 Jun 06 23:56:15 >
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 16:44

i believe immersion won the trial yes, that can be a reason why they couldnt use it, however, sony payed the ticket and they got their credit for the technology, now sony is a company who could afford to buy the whole patent from immersion, so why didnt they?

Well that would mean Immersion put it up for sale, its more profitable to get profits from people leasing the techoknowledgy. The only reason Sony isnt using shock as because they just like Cetra, cant swallow their pride. You know id laugh my ass off if Logitech releases a DualShock with gyroscope for the PS3 :)

Joe_1110
  • Total Posts : 24
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 17:10
HA HA

Nitro
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 17:43
Alright stop now. Let' s get back on topic.

I think we can all agree that the article, if not completely false (which it isn' t because Sony' s slides do appear to show minor problems regarding CELL' s memory), is highly exagerrated.

Unless somebody can find the same information from a reliable source, i suggest moving on to discussing other aspects of the PS3 hardware and what you personally find to be lacking.

Dionysius
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 18:07
Joe, just take this as a friendly advice… with that avatar of yours, you won’t survive long in the dark alley that is Kikizo forum.
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 7 Jun 06 10:08:32 >

moogaloonie
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 19:44
So far I' m impressed with how the 360 is doing, and I really want a Wii after E3 like alot of people. I do want to clear one thing up about the Ps3 slide because it hasn' t been mentioned yet here. in that slide, local memory refers to the RSX' s local memory, not the main memory. The Cell can read the memory it' s supposed to at the rate in line with how it was developed to work. Their recommendation to use the RSX to copy from local (meaning the RSX' s memory) to main rather than fetching from local via the Cell isn' t a workaround. The RSX is the GPU and as such receives data from the Cell, displays it then overwrites it. There just aren' t many normal circumstances that the Cell would need to access the GPU memory. If the Cell could only read 16MB/s from its own memory that would indeed be the nail in the coffin...

Yeah, I really wanted to think they messed up bad on that, but it looks like PS3 will be in the same league as 360 afterall.

moogaloonie
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Not so good ps3 hardware information - Jun 07, 2006 19:50
Yes I know the GPU does more than just display the data it receives. Just pointing out that things don' t usually go in the other direction. Something like Fraps in which the Cell was encoding a video from frames stored in RSX memory would be such an odd occasion.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 50 of 50