PS3 now on Play.Com

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
  • Reward points : 0
PS3 now on Play.Com - Jun 05, 2006 04:50
So I was just planning to check Play' s prices for DS games and noticed they had put up a ps3 page now.
So I naturally took a look... You can too here

So to sum it up.. The PS3 will see around 30 launch games including such xbox exclusives as Alan Wake, and wonderfully enough all MGS fans, you will have you MGS 4 on PS3 launch, along with heavenly sword and DMC4.... Nice to know, eh?

If that wasn' t funny enough, the PS3 as priced by Play seems to come in just 1 pack, the premium, but seemingly you are unable to buy just the console.
" Sony Playstation 3 Console With 60GB HDD & 3 Games (Formula One 06/Warhawk/Singstar)" At £549.99 Delivered.

Seems Sony' s launch is going to be a funny one.... I didn' t expect this from play.com though... The games are shown retailing for £49.99 though.

EDIT: Wii is now also there, games shown at £49.99 too, the console shows no date or price.
< Message edited by uumai -- 4 Jun 06 20:52:31 >
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: PS3 now on Play.Com - Jun 05, 2006 05:10
I would expect the £49.99 tags to be placeholders and not final costs.

The PS3 package seems strange though, it' s what i would expect from Game or other highstreet retailers but not from Play.com. My guess is that since Sony will likely be only shipping " seed quantities" to Europe during the launch period, online sellers like Play.com will have to package the machine with additional software to make profit since they will only have access to very limited numbers of consoles.

The Alan Wake thing is a joke (not and actual joke). Play should know better than that, and since Sony have said Formula One and Heavenly Sword won' t meet launch anyway, it makes me wonder whether Europe WILL still get the machine this year. I still doubt it.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: PS3 now on Play.Com - Jun 05, 2006 05:21
Interesting.. I suppose they' ve put it up like that to gauge demand, to see if lots of people pre-order or not. I' m definitely not going to. I' m not that certain I want one yet, especially with those 3 games! [:' (]

(That blurb at the bottom sounds as if it was written by Ken himself, heh.)

Pre-orders for the 360 didn' t run out till February/March on Play, and only people who pre-ordered before August got their machine in December when it was released. Imo, you' ve got much better odds to pre-order early at a local shop (or risk getting scammed on Ebay!)

And I' d be pleasantly surprised if the games were £50, although I suspect it might change. However, £50 is still expensive!

< Message edited by choupolo -- 4 Jun 06 21:29:44 >

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: PS3 now on Play.Com - Jun 05, 2006 22:58
They are just making up dates and prcies. Anybody who gets their information from those sites needs a good talking too
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Cetra
  • Total Posts : 153
  • Reward points : 0
RE: PS3 now on Play.Com - Jun 06, 2006 06:11
lol, i was so excited there when i saw the release list of games, kinda got my hopes up til i stopped believing it

if that was true, that launch list, it would have been the most solid and greatest launch list in gaming history