Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Covering the basics...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Covering the basics... - Jun 04, 2006 03:26
Nothing can compare to Sega. Not even God.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Jun 06 19:27:02 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Covering the basics... - Jun 04, 2006 03:31
" God" is overrated
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Covering the basics... - Jun 04, 2006 03:44

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

" God" is overrated

I second that.....
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Covering the basics... - Jun 04, 2006 06:02

LOL.. I find this funny, really funny..

EA Bad in the 16bit days?? WTF??.. They produced totally new IP' s such as Madden, EA Hockey and PGA tour golf, Road Rash to name a few.. ALL in the 16bit Era!! And all unique and solid games.. Tell me an example where EA have bettered that record recently? Come on!!! name 5 totally brand new IPs and good ones at that, that EA hve produced recently????

who the hell is funny, madden series as far as i know they get good score from critics, ea hockey or PGA tour golf (who cares about these games anyway!), and i don' t give a fuck to " unique and bad" unique doesn' t equal quality, a game might be unique and it sucks ass and certainly those are not unique... road rash now that' s a good game...
as to give good games of today, the lord of the ring games, need for speed , FIFA which is much better than how FIFA was back in 16 bit era, battlfield, NBA street, fight night , the sims... if i add EA as a publisher since for instance they bought Criterion , then it' s safe to say that they are also behind the games like burnout or black recently. EA today is much better than how it was when i had my megadrive, when EA was releasing their new game, none of my friends care at all, people were following sega news, capcom, konami, squaresoft ...

Oh dear :( Uve just proved my point about Sony F$£king up the Industry and turning it from Creative to a more harsh and non-creative Business..

Sega are now Forced to go into ' Business' Mode.. They simply cant risk to go into ' Creative mode as much.. this is why your not seeing such good titles..

what the hell was that comment about !! read what you quoted from me please , read it again, i dind' t say sega released good titles but it' s because they are unique that people think they are not good , NO, what SEGA release today is mostly crap, i gave the exemple of Sega rally ?? did you read sega rally?? the last one was CRAP power 2, graphics, controls, music, gameplay what a disgrace !!!

this is SEGA rally for god sake, one of the emblems of sega and look what they did. Seriously, would Konami release a bad looking metal gear? or square with final fantasy or capcom with resident evil ? the answer is: HELL NO.

sega is all about business today, about money and worse than EA, their past reputation as a developer help them today, their beloved franchises is what pay off today but not for long... sega wake up goddam it.

now it seems that they start waking up, VF5, yakuza , and the last sonic look more ^romising than the otehrs so let' s cross fingersto keep up the good work. AM2 was always different than sega , this is exactly like Nintendo and rareware back in the days.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Covering the basics... - Jun 04, 2006 17:32

Sega are now Forced to go into ' Business' Mode.. They simply cant risk to go into ' Creative mode as much.. this is why your not seeing such good titles..

Now that can' t be the reason since there a lots of other companies that can make very creative games even though they are in a similar situation as Sega.
But I don' t think Sega' s games have sucked. They' ve just not been AAA which we all expect Sega' s titles to be. Now they' re just mediocre at an average but at least we stil have some true gems left untouched.
With Sonic I think they are being too creative making a Shadow game and strange stuff in some of Sonic' s games. A predictable direct sequel to Sonic Adventure or going back to old school Sonic would' ve pleased everyone.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 4 Jun 06 9:38:13 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Covering the basics... - Jun 04, 2006 19:49
true true
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages