THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL

eazy_boi
  • Total Posts : 42
  • Reward points : 0
THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 11:38
YEA SURE THE XBOX360 IS GOOD I LOVE PLAYING IT BUT SINCE ITS THE NEXT GEN CONSOLE FROM THE PS2 AND WITH ALL THE GAMES ON THE PS2 THE PS3 IS GOING TO HAVE WAY MORE AND A TON OF BETTER GRAHPICS

PLUS THE ONLINE PLAY IS AMAZING AND THE E3 DEMOSTRATION WAS GOOD TOO I GET MY INFO FROM A GOOD SOURCE PPL

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 11:53
#1 - Nobody cares what you say if you type in ALL CAPS.

#2 - Umm, I have no point since I didn' t read your ALL CAPS post. Try again.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 18:53

YEA SURE THE XBOX360 IS GOOD I LOVE PLAYING IT BUT SINCE ITS THE NEXT GEN CONSOLE FROM THE PS2 AND WITH ALL THE GAMES ON THE PS2 THE PS3 IS GOING TO HAVE WAY MORE AND A TON OF BETTER GRAHPICS

PLUS THE ONLINE PLAY IS AMAZING AND THE E3 DEMOSTRATION WAS GOOD TOO I GET MY INFO FROM A GOOD SOURCE PPL

You might wanna take your elbow off the caps lock button some more..
< Message edited by Tiz -- 27 May 06 10:53:27 >
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 21:04
hey guys seriously i just want to know something , why do people get sooo anooyed if a person right in caps, i mean usualy people don' t do it in purpose because they don' t pay atention to the caps locked, but even tough suppose they did it in purpose what' s the big deal anyway, you can still read it right?, so is it a culture thing or what is exactly please give me an answer.

Byakko
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 21:10
Abasoufiane, it is so not true that someone doesn' t know the caps-lock is on and thus writes a whole post in it.

Are you telling me, that honestly speaking, the person typing the post is not at anyone point looking up at the preview box as he types, and not thinking " Hm, my words appear to be in caps, and oh my diddly-goodness, I don' t know why!" \

Right, no fooling. On occassion, I give leeway if it' s a foreigner since through miscommunication from reading inane forum posts or really bad advice, they think writing all in caps is good practice. I give them fair warning, but not a second chance to do it again.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 21:19
but you didn' t say why is it bad and what i mean is for him it' s not important it starts in caps then he went all the way with caps... i mean let him write with caps, sure it' s not pretty, i agree, but is that enough o make all the fuss about...

i usualy use CAPS when i want to scream, but he diddn' t sound like screaming in its post , did he ? .... i' m

Byakko
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 21:22
Did it occur to you that THAT' S why it' s bad?

It' s one thing to scream. Lots of people scream in posts, part of it being in caps or totally in caps. In that case, it' s understandable, but whether it was right is usually not the case. Though, depending on what' s said or the circumstances.

But the fact is, if he was NOT screaming, then he was just looking for attention, which is so much worse because it' s downright juvenile!

Plus, I personally think he' s ' screaming' , or at least, he' s yelling ' Why all the PS3-hate threads?"

If he started a thread to discuss the merits of PS3, he wouldn' t have people discussing why he' s using caps =/

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 21:50
clearly this person has superior intellect and intelligence. Those of you who criticize him cannot understand. Fools!
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Dionysius
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 21:59
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I love it!

Edit:
" GOOD SOURCE" is the best part.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 27 May 06 14:05:42 >

whiteguysamurai
  • Total Posts : 316
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 22:14
You know, i love kikizo... I really do..
But not just because the majority of us are hard core sega fans, no. It' s because the majority of us are well versed, highly intellectual fans.

But, honestly there have been an influx of mentally impaired persons.
I wonder why that is?

It' s like, a console is about to launch, that caters to these peoples.

What console might that be? Who can tell me?

Tiz
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 23:12

Wait a second guys... revelation... this guy was there and experienced it first hand.
I suppose you also believe that when you get your PS3, your online play will be
free yeah?

WRONG!!!

Developers are gonna charge for that sh!t... And I mean that in more ways than

Cetra
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 23:23
Lol, the modern day effect of big letters. I assume people are naturally assuming he is screaming like hell when he' s saying it right :P ?

Tiz
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 27, 2006 23:27
I love lower case letters, and then exaggerating to BIG.. If you talk big all the time
it makes you seem dumb and boring.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 00:22
Wow, we' re arguing about caps lock. Um... yeah, it doesn' t get alot less interesting than that. It' s not the caps that bother me, it' s the lack of sentences and his " insider source" everyones got one of them.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 00:27
Using CAPS is avoiding correct writing ethics and it' s disrespectful. And ugly!
It gives the impression that the writer is uneducated and sloppy and thus the whole content of the text appears to be uninteresting.

Cetra
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 01:40

It gives the impression that the writer is uneducated and sloppy and thus the whole content of the text appears to be uninteresting.

I missed a comma in there.

ginjirou
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 01:49
Ok... um, I feel really stupid now but... where should that comma be?

Cetra
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:00
hehe

Don,t need to use two " and" ' s there. I would personally written

It gives the impression that the writer is uneducated, sloppy and thus the whole content of the text, appears to be uninteresting.

Two commas there, I would either place the last after " text" , or after " be" .
But please dont use me as an example for future writing :P I am sloppy when it comes to forums.

edit:

or if you want to use two ands, you should definitly have a comma after thus
there are quite some different ways to do it, but you should definitly have one there. Or maybe your that kinda person that has no pauses in your sentences and talk them roboticly out?
< Message edited by Cetra -- 27 May 06 18:03:49 >

ginjirou
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:08
I' m not sure you are right about the first comma. The words " uneducated" and " sloppy" are used to describe what CAPS gives you an impression of but the " thus the whole..." part is different since this is a continuation of the sentence. I thought commas were only used when saying several things, such as lining up examples, and then you put an " and" before the last word in the line up. Since " thus the whole" is not part of that line up I thought it was correct no to use a comma and instead use two " and' s" .
I' m not sure the second comma is correct either.
But hey, I' m not an english teacher so what do I know.
I guess this would' ve been better:
It gives the impression that the writer is uneducated and sloppy, thus the whole content of the text appears to be uninteresting.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 27 May 06 18:11:55 >

Cetra
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:21
comma is used to single out words you say in chains, like one, two and three, the are also used to give pauses to a sentence before talking the next part of it. Before switching to the second momentum or a submomentum.

You use uneducated and sloppy to lead to " thus the whole content" . I would say its more right to use a comma there than not. Cause what you say are really three words in a chain, where the third word is followed by a continuation of the sentence. The thus word. Uneducated(1), Sloppy(2) and thus(3) [leading on]- the whole content of the text appears uninteresting.

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:27
Wow you even get english lessons at kikizo these days.

ginjirou
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:30
Saturday night and I' ve got nothing better to do than to discuss english grammar in a videogame forum.

I have no life!!

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 27 May 06 18:30:17 >

Cetra
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:31
lol, i had to laugh at that one heh, sounded like kikizo was all you needed in life sorta :P

well im just trying to learn the language as flawless as possible, and sometimes you can learn yourself by teaching others, or that is, if im right about what I said, something i believe i am.

ginjirou
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:32

ORIGINAL: Cetra

sounded like kikizo was all you needed in life sorta :P

... what? ...something wrong with that?

Cetra
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:39
well yes, kikizo still doesnt make pizza for me

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:43
How can a console be the best by far,when its not even out yet?
Ps3 people talk about mgs4,but that will probably come to EU in 2008,and we have not seen any gameplay yet...
I love mGS serie,but MGS2 was like a movie...
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Cetra
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:57
playstation 3 will be region free, so we can just put the american game in.

besides in the kojima directed trailer, he put a strict policy on getting the game out in 2007, so when he does, he will be breaking it if it comes out in 2008

people say ps3 is the best because we know the hardware specs etc to it, and its kinda superior

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 02:59
Cetra,xbox360 is also region free,its just that just condemend,ob and pgr3 is the Region free games.

Sony has said their goal is to have every game region free,so you cant say that mgs4 will be that,and if so,who says it will be translated in time?
WHat i mean is,PUblisher is the ones who put on the region code,not MS,wont be SONY with ps3 either.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 27 May 06 19:00:19 >
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Cetra
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 03:01
its not rocket science, i dont understand the xbox situation, but if the machine is region free, it means that its based to read all the regions, so game from another region should be perfectly played on any ps3.

Besides, all third party games are included in SCE' s catalogue as well, as well as for being approved and made ready for the console before relase.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 03:17

" GOOD SOURCE" = Voices in his head

well yes, kikizo still doesnt make pizza for me

NOT YET, but we' re still exploring different avenues. Pizza making is one of them.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

ginjirou
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 03:24

ORIGINAL: Cetra

people say ps3 is the best because we know the hardware specs etc to it, and its kinda superior

Where the hell is Majik when you need him?
Anyway, Majik, developers and most of the people in the computer industry says that the PS3 is not superior. It might be slightly better but the difference will barely be noticable.
It surely won' t motivate a $600 price-tag anyway.

cardmasterpro
  • Total Posts : 36
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 03:28
How the heck this this go from a PS3 thread to a grammar school? I have little issue with all caps posting but when people start to talk about it for nearly 3 pages...it gets a little odd.

Dionysius
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 03:48

" GOOD SOURCE" = Voices in his head

Oh please God. Don' t bring it up agaihahahaHAHAHA!!! *Gasp* You' re killing me!!!

cardmasterpro
  • Total Posts : 36
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 03:52
http://www.pawspace.com/%7Emisadventures/
Heres a funny short comic strip on how much you need to pay for the PS3

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 03:54

NOT YET, but we' re still exploring different avenues. Pizza making is one of them.

Well, that would explain your CHEESY articles!

ha, i' ll be quiet now.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Cetra
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 04:03
If its better then its better.

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE BY FAR PPL - May 28, 2006 04:58
People, Please.. The power difference this generation, for the most part at least, will be negligible. Stop wasting time with mine is bigger + better than yours.

Each system has it' s ups and downs depending on what you want and who you ask. Both are good systems in their own ways..

Though talking about PS3, ign had an Q&A with Naughty Dog who had that cool cg looking trailer from E3 - Now I don' t know if it has been posted but in the article it was asked..

IGN: Of course, we think that the most important question that a lot of people have right now is " how much of that footage was CG and how much was real-time?"

Wells (Naughty Dog): The entire trailer was rendered in real-time using our PS3 game engine. All of the models, textures, shaders and effects are in-game.

Also, about the engine:

GN: What kind of technology are you using? Is it a proprietary engine or does it use a popular toolset like Unreal of Offset?

Wells: The engine we are using is completely proprietary and is being developed here at Naughty Dog. We have some of the industry' s top engine programming talent dedicated to getting the most out of the PlayStation 3 possible.

IGN: Insomniac and Naughty Dog have a history of sharing assets and technology. Is that the case this time as well? Does Resistance and this game work on similar stuff?

Wells: With the introduction of the SCE Worldwide Studio there has been an increased sharing effort between the internal teams. It extends far beyond Naughty Dog and Insomniac this time and I think you' ll see a lot of first party titles that reap these benefits.

< Message edited by uumai -- 27 May 06 20:59:07 >
NiGHTS into Dreamcast