]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
What Japan thinks about PS3 and Wii ? - May 26, 2006 06:33

whiteguysamurai
  • Total Posts : 316
RE: What Japan thinks about PS3 and Wii ? - May 26, 2006 07:01
I guess it shows people are ready to go back to affordable machines.

I love my dreamcast.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: What Japan thinks about PS3 and Wii ? - May 26, 2006 07:04
I hope Japan choose Wii,and Europe/USA xbox360.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: What Japan thinks about PS3 and Wii ? - May 26, 2006 07:06
Nice. I wondered what Japan would think about PS3 after all that' s been going on.

With much of the Japanese public switching to Wii this gen, Japanese developers will surely follow. And the Jap devs were the last reason I had left to still get a PS3. Atm I can' t really see Sony countering all this momentum against them.

464cpc
  • Total Posts : 52
RE: What Japan thinks about PS3 and Wii ? - May 26, 2006 07:14
i knew it
wii will take over japan for sure.
sony is in big trouble now..........
this time people knows........sony cant fool them like the ps2 vs dreamcast fiasco....[:' (]

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: What Japan thinks about PS3 and Wii ? - May 26, 2006 07:18
Remember thats how people feel after e3.
Many people will probably buy a wii just for the price and sidekick for their ps3 in japan.

Ofc i could be wrong and japan people have decied for wii over ps3...
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: What Japan thinks about PS3 and Wii ? - May 26, 2006 08:51
The Japanese don' t like expensive machines anyway. They never have. If this proves one thing, it proves that Sony CAN' T lower the price of the machine, which in turn proves they are not in a great position financially.

Wii will do exactly what DS/Lite has done in Japan, and while PS3 will still outsell 360, it' s probably the only territory where that will happen in the next couple of years. Sony will strive to drive the price (and size) down as quick as they can, and as long as they' re not plagued by technical problems during the launch period, and as long as Playstation HUB works as well as XBL, Sony will likely pull through relatively unscathed but with less control of the market.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: What Japan thinks about PS3 and Wii ? - May 26, 2006 17:14
I was actually shocked to see 70% for Wii and 20% for PS3 - that' s somethink I wouldn' t have guessed.

The most optimistic scenario I' d say before this survey would be 40% Wii , 40% PS3 , 20% 360

That survey might trash 360 for a while , but when mistwalkers doings see the light of day it may slowly start to change.

I think that 360 is where people will look when they want HD and their PS3 love is not enough to pay that much for it.

To sum it up - 360 won' t be big in Japan , but it will slowly gain attention -ofcourse I take for granted that MS supports it with japan oriented games.Wii on the other hand as far as reality goes could end up with lower market share when some games ike ff or mgs come out...

IT' s still nothing certain for anybody but it' s great to know that they see things like we do :)