Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and...

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 22, 2006 18:58
Black (I hope it' s the enamel Navy DS Lite) and White are the colors.

June 23rd is the date.

99.99Ł is the price in UK - hopefully it will be 100Euro elsewhere , cause 100Ł is a lot more than 129$.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 22, 2006 19:51
Not even Japan has black yet. The Blue Enamel (as you said) is foten being mistaken for black.

Nice work buddy, i can give my original DS to Lu' and get myself a brand new Lite!

You' ll be getting one then, seeing as you already sold your original model already?!

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 22, 2006 21:59
Has anyone seen the adverts for them yet?.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 22, 2006 22:50
I' ll still get the white I think, I like the look and it' ll match my 360. Getting one of those for sure and I' ll be able to trade in my old DS for some amount of cash at least bringing the price down a bit. New Super Mario Bros is out a week later, suddenly my PSP is looking like it' ll get sold on to an owner who wants it.

Nitro
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 22, 2006 23:17
I wouldn' t be so quick to get rid of your PSP, Tekken Dark Resurrection is out in two weeks time.

You need to buy Monster Hunter Freedom and Daxter!

Nitro
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 01:02
It IS black!

Now i have to decide between black to match my black PSP or white to match my white PSP. That' s a toughie!

Note that my white Xbox 360 has a plain black faceplate and my iPod Video is white while my iPod Nano is black. Whate the hell do i do?! Unlike the PSP there' s no reason to buy two DS Lite' s.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 22 May 06 17:04:43 >

dasher232
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 01:10
Well you could buy both give one to a kid in africa called tim and he can send you photo' s every month showing it' s still there.
Or
Just buy which ever one will balance out the white/black feature you' ve got going.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 01:31

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

...Tekken Dark Resurrection is out in two weeks time.

Is that the japanese release or the US/European?
Because I want a version I can understand. I' ll get it for sure anyway.

You need to buy Monster Hunter Freedom and Daxter!

I' ve got Daxter and it' s awesome.
But is that Monster Hunter game any good? It looks fantastic but since I' ve never played the console version of Monster Hunter it looks kind of strange to. What do you do in the game? Is it like an RPG?
I think that FFVII Crisis Core is reason enough to keep your PSP. And of course the PS1 emulator which will allow us to play the original FFVII and FFVIII!
I' m still worried that we won' t be able to read the text in the games since the screen is much smaller than a TV-set.

Anyway, I haven' t bought a DS yet because I knew Nintendo would make a new version as they always do. I don' t like buying two versions and I have this rule that I keep everything I buy. So no trading an old DS for a new one for me.
I' m getting it this time and now there' s plenty of amazing titles I can choose from .
Also, Sonic The Hedgehog for Cellphones is great!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 01:51
yeah it is black :(

(enamel navy could change it' s colour based on light source damn it !)

You' ll be getting one then, seeing as you already sold your original model already?!

yeah I sold it thinking we' ll get DS Lite sooner

The thing is - the best way to get the white PAL DS Lite is to get it from Australia www.dvdcrave.com - they not only get it earlier (june 1st) but the price is much lower this way (even including shipping)

I love the enamel navy DS Lite - I might even pay more to get it.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 22 May 06 17:53:47 >

Nitro
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 02:16
DS is region free anyway so just buy the blue enamel one from Lik-Sang.

It cost' s $199 though.

They sell these too...

dasher232
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 02:43
The thing i' m wondering is that I have the old ds and was planning on getting the lite but something tells me to wait just incase there' s another version that and the fact that I haven' t really played the ds for a while anyway.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 03:21
yeah it' s 199 plus shipping - it' s a bit too much for me.

Dasher - it' s got the best screen (better than the one used in PSP - chcek youtube for comparisons), it' s small and has a cool design , it' s got a much longer battery life than the old DS

...and it has awesome buttons - much better D-pad too - feels like a home console joypad (both D-pad and buttons).

Stephen Rowley
  • Total Posts : 75
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 17:07
There isn' t going to be a redesign anytime soon I' m sure. I want to get it in a colour to match my (eventually) Wii, and that' s showcased most in white at the mo... but I like the idea of a black DS Lite. What to do, what to do... ?!

dasher232
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 18:38

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

yeah it' s 199 plus shipping - it' s a bit too much for me.

Dasher - it' s got the best screen (better than the one used in PSP - chcek youtube for comparisons), it' s small and has a cool design , it' s got a much longer battery life than the old DS

...and it has awesome buttons - much better D-pad too - feels like a home console joypad (both D-pad and buttons).

I didn' t think it was possible to enhance the battery life heck my old ds lasts for ages I even find myself wishing it would run out sometimes. But I think I might get a lite afterall but now the dilemma is between the enamel one and the black.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 23, 2006 20:30
Go here: http://my.1up.com/do/my1Up?pager.offset=9 to see some nice pictures (you have to scroll down a bit)

It' s awesome how different it can look - most of the time it looks like black though.

About the battery life - on the highest brightness setting it lasts as much as old DS (this setting could burn your eyes though) :)

These settings are a great addition - lowest setting is much brighter than the old DS and the screen itself has much wider viewing angle (wider than the PSP) wit incredibly vibrant colours.

Check this out - it' s everything about lite in video form and it' s funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXQICqsa5I&search=ds%20lite
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 23 May 06 12:40:58 >

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 24, 2006 10:21

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

It IS black!

Now i have to decide between black to match my black PSP or white to match my white PSP. That' s a toughie!

Note that my white Xbox 360 has a plain black faceplate and my iPod Video is white while my iPod Nano is black. Whate the hell do i do?! Unlike the PSP there' s no reason to buy two DS Lite' s.

Let' s see:

White:
PSP
iPod Video

Black:
PSP
iPod Nano

Black and White:

Hmmmm. Yeah, you' re SCREWED!

I' ll be getting white (since that' s all that' ll be available in the U.S. initially! Bastards!)
< Message edited by chee saw -- 24 May 06 2:22:26 >

dasher232
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 24, 2006 23:34

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

About the battery life - on the highest brightness setting it lasts as much as old DS (this setting could burn your eyes though) :)

These settings are a great addition - lowest setting is much brighter than the old DS and the screen itself has much wider viewing angle (wider than the PSP) wit incredibly vibrant colours.

Check this out - it' s everything about lite in video form and it' s funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXQICqsa5I&search=ds%20lite

I thought he was gonna say how long he had it on for until it ran out, iv' e never measured myself, but have noticed that I can play the psp all day and it' s sure to run out before it ends...and iv' e been playing zelda (link to the past) non stop and it still hasn' t run out. Anyway i' m still undecided everytime I see the enamel one it looks better and the black looks really shiny on engadget....

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Europe gets both DS lite colors black and white and... - May 25, 2006 00:53
Im actually planning to sell my gba and xbox for a ds lite... and money thats left over for the odd game or something...

I think i' d get the hmmm i dunno... they both look nice, but the white would get dirty so much easier.. i guess
NiGHTS into Dreamcast