Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion!

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 21, 2006 22:45

Whilst the debate rages on over the fairness of having to pay for additional content to feed your rampaging Oblivion addiction, Bethesda has just revealed some interesting new information on the forthcoming ‘Thieves Den’ add-on for the game. Bethesda developer Ashley Cheng said, " Basically, it' s Goonies."

The mission charges you to take control of a cavernous lair, in which you will find an abandoned pirate ship. Hmm, sounds familiar! Once you have control of the ship and the cave, you can get together your own band of scurvy-ridden ne' er-do-wells and plunder for booty.

Bethesda also has a further additional six or seven downloadable add-ons planned, including an epic dungeon, which they will be releasing every three to four weeks. This is in addition to ‘proper’ expansions to Oblivion, which are also in the pipeline for later dates.

http://news.spong.com/article/10094

Kickass!

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 21, 2006 22:47
but you pay for it right?

I would never pay for something I allready bought.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 21, 2006 22:57
aside from having to pay for it. Goonies rocked hard, so that' s awesome.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 02:07
but you PAY. Thats a crime.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 03:49
I already åpaid 80 dollars for my OB shall i pay 20 more for content?
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Nitro
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 04:31
It costs about a dollar. I haven' t even nearly got as far as some people in the game but i' ll likely buy this expansion because it sounds cool. I don' t mind spending small amounts on expanding the games i have.

I want my GRAW expansion now!

QuezcatoL
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 04:51
no,like 2-3 for each dl.

uumai
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 05:17
Yeah honestly the whole charging for content is a real rip off in most cases. I think the whole goonines thing is cool but i' d never myself spend money on it.

The download would have to be pretty damn heafty for me to warrent spending more money on the game.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

QuezcatoL
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 05:37
The pc user' s pay the same but ofc they only dl the content from soe torrent site or dc++ later for free.

uumai
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 05:47
Yes your right, pc owners are lucky in this respect, however it' s still a rip-off to charge more for a game than you already paid. Not unless it' s a very big expansion, but a few measly thing here and there really feel like a rip off, and i think it' s bad that consoles are moving this way.

I think i' ve read these ideas around, when people were complaining about the horse armour. Such as developers leaving things out of the game, only to put it online after and make more money from it. Id rather a developer does everything they can for a game and fill it with all it should have... the only things downloaded for the game should be free things that fix issues (if the developer is crap and couldn' t sort it out, like matrix: path of neo) but this shouldnt be seen as a good thing else devs will rush out games and patch later like pcs, or are things they couldn' t get time to put in, but again should be free.

NiGHTS into Dreamcast

QuezcatoL
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 05:55
Look at Itagaki who delivered new modes,maps enemies and costumes and better game engine and much more.
All for FREE.
Himself said it costed him some,but its a way to have his fans remember him.

Itakagi=full respect!!!
Betheasd=greedy people O_O they delivered a AAA rpg,and sure if you dont want their content then just dont dl.
But if you delay the game with 5 months,and take away the sahdow dynamic system that they adv in e3 then atleast you could give us that horse armor for free instead of charge people for it 2 weeks later...

And yes, OB is truly a masterpiece and im very thankful for the game and never felt like i needed more stuff(content) but i mean... well..i kind of hoped dev would be as itagaki...but they are greedy people as all other companies.

Also remember its not MS who was the bad guy with OB content,its beathsed who charge the consumer,MS has nothing to do with it.

Sony also gonna use MP,i can only imagien and hold my thumbs Square-enix doesnt find ways to charge people for stuff in their rpg and leave stuff out.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 21 May 06 21:58:38 >

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 06:18
What is it with people not wanting to pay for the games you play? Sure you bought the originnal game! But you should be happy that the company is using man hours to improve on it after its shipped to pro long the time you can play it.

So no, you didnt already pay for it! Stop complaining about it, just dont buy it, if you dont think its wortth the money it costs! I think of it as small expansion packs! And i think what bethesda is doing is great! Free would be better, but this way i can pick the things i find interesting and not spend that much money on it!

QuezcatoL
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 06:23
The 360 version has sold more and costed more.
And PC users just gonna dl their stuff for free over the web.
We all know that.

I just think that the 360 fans can get something back...

Im angry,and i feel like i have the right to do so.

BTW SWEDEN WON THE HOCKEY FINALE :)

4-0 against chezc just wanted to say that ;)

Nitro
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 06:58
t costs the developer to make the extra content though and it' s not like they' re charging a lot of money for it. Sure it' d be nice if it was free, but i have no problem paying for additional content because like VX already said, you only have to buy the ones that interest you.

When the additional mission get released for GRAW i' ll be buying them straight away.

Oh, and some things like extra cars in Burnout Revenge are free to download -- not everything is charged for.

QuezcatoL
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 07:08
I never said,everything is charged for,and btw its not like MS charge something,sure halo2 costed but if you waited 2 month all new halo2 maps was free.

Ikashiru
  • Total Posts : 649
  • Reward points : 24890
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 07:11
Things move on, in the olden days you bought a horse, when it grew old and slow, you killed / ate / put it out to pasture and moved on to a new one.

Take cars for example. You buy a car, you drive it, have fun with it, got to work in etc.etc.. but you might want to make it go faster, sound better, be more comfortable, so you BUY mods for it.

Someday all content will be available like this. You pay for the standard package, if you want something more than normal people you pay for more.

you wouldnt see someone walking into a car delaership demanding a free upgrade to leather because another type of car came with leather as standard. in the same way you wouldnt accuse antivirus companies from charging for protecting your computer with software updates.

The costs involved are so small, and you are paying for smaller developers time and effort. Whats the difference between downloading a mod you really want and a tv show you really like if they provide the same amount of enjoyment over time?

tis the future, though the standard of the mods is another issue alltogether..

QuezcatoL
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 07:28
Hmmm...my dad made his horse that was swedens best 3 year at his old age become a breeder and live on the ranch :P

Ikashiru
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 07:48
hmmn

good come-back

Nitro
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 08:32
WTF?

Ikashiru
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 08:38
wasnt the response i was expecting either hehe, but an interesting insight nonetheless.. anwyays,

paid content = good if the content is good!?

Nitro
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 08:43
That' s how i see it. It doesn' t cost much anyway and if it' s a few hours extra gameplay i won' t complain.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 14:35
If people can' t afford an extra $2 then they need to find another hobby. Seriously.

Byakko
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 17:25
They' re not charging for something essential, like patches Honestly, little bits of content-love isn' t anything to get so raved about.

I' m wondering though, if prices are localised? I' m not sure of the payment method outside of the US, so if I go straight with exchange rates, I' d have to pay double what you guys pay for d/l expansions Which I don' t really mind TOO much as long as the content pleases me.

QuezcatoL
RE: Goonies Pirate ship for Oblivion! - May 22, 2006 19:57
Unluckyone,if you delay the game 5 months,atleast you can do is include a horse armor instead of charge 2 dollar for it the week after.

I think its crap when they charge us an extra fee.