What are you buying??

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 03:43
As Sony' s, Nintendo' s and Microsoft' s press conferences are now over, which console do you now plan to buy?

Kyo.k
  • Total Posts : 324
  • Reward points : 0
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 03:49
All of them, well PS3 and Wii on launch day as I already have a 360.

Way I see it, is that if you don' t own all the consoles then you won' t be able to enjoy or experience every game you want to play.

He
  • Total Posts : 292
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 04:04
Wii first, then the other two as I get enough cash for them.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 04:20
WiiSixty - PS3 maybe 2-3 years from launch.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 04:40
Got a 360 already. Definitely have to have a Wii (hrhr). But unless PS3 can be bailed out by its developers, it won' t be worth the $600 for me by a long shot, BluRay or none.

So atm I' m opting out of Sony' s grand scheme, which is a shame since I was among the first to get a PS2 last time.

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 07:57

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

WiiSixty - PS3 maybe 2-3 years from launch.

ditto

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 08:22
I wast hinking about a ps3,but after seeing the price tag,and knowing alan wake is exclusive for 360 and GTA4 is also for 360,i take wii.

And btw yes i got a 360.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Game Junkie
  • Total Posts : 708
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 08:35
Many of you probably already know I have a 360, as for the other two I' m not decided yet. I won' t bother with ps3 before the price drops if ever and the bugs are fixed (I don' t trust Sonys hardware), I just don' t see the point in paying so much when a 360 is so similar and imo has better exclusives. As for the Wii, I' m actually impressed with the showing at E3 and if the price is right as I expect it will be then I might get a Wii with my 7 year old brother. I have a big family so at Christmas time I' m sure with the money we get we could split on one. That way I wouldn' t have to spend my own money on it.

I know you didn' t ask about pc but in a few months I' m building my first computer to fully apreciate all facets of gaming.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 08:37
Im also gonan build myself a new pc,had this pc for 3 years now...

p4 3ghz 1 gb ram radeon 9800 pro 256mb.

Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Byakko
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 10:52
Well, I' m planning to get a 360 at the end of the year, and I' m only allowed one console (budgets...)

PS3 was originally a strong contender, but the latest news makes me shun it. I wanted to get it since I would be able to play PS2 games on it, but now I' m not too sure. The only thing that could change my mind is any confirmation of a remake of FFVII. I don' t care too much of FFXIII and onwards =/

Wii is fun, but unfortunately, doesn' t have enough games that appeal to me. So, if I can get it free, sure! But not as a personal purchase...

vdig
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 11:08
Give Nintendo more time. Everyone and their dog(s) wants to develop something very unique for the system, since it has gotten their creative juices flowing. Still, I understand. You prefer the orthodox, gritty titles at the moment. More power to you. Still, you are open to change when the lineup develops and/or Smash Bros. gets released or something to that effect, right?

I think I mentioned this already. I want WiiDS, but will buy a 360 first because it is already out.

" Some bags of grass seed may contain weeds, but..."
" Bags of grass seed might have WiiDS? Where do I get ' em? WHERE? WHERE? WHERE?!?"
You wa Shock!!!

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 11:37
Me I will Get That Sexy Ass I mean That #$%^%#@!@$ High ass Ps3 Gotdam man ill probaly have this thnig with no games but ill have it lol ill read the documentation untill Blockbuster Gets the games in lol got dam man thats 600 big ones now that is no wear near an sexy price

C*Dub
  • Total Posts : 86
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 13:43
All 3

I will buy PS3 at launch and sell it on ebay for profit

then buy 360 and wii with that money

once price drop then PS3

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 15:41
So you' re one of those assholes...
Definetly an immoral thing to do in my eyes, pretty much the same as scalping tickets which I think is a bad thing to do.

Anyways....
I already have a 360 and don' t need another one.
PS3 I was thinking about buying for the soul purpose of having a really fast linux computer for a really good price. They said it would come with a linux OS a long time ago but they haven' t said anything since, it was probably just another sony lie but it could still happen. Price is kinda getting too high for it to be worth it as that also. There really aren' t any games that I want for it.
Wii would be kind of fun to have but so far they really haven' t shown any games that interest me but there probably will be some pretty sweet ones. I don' t really have that much money to be just buying systems though. Perhaps I' ll convince my roomate to buy one if I see any games I like.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

C*Dub
  • Total Posts : 86
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 15:57
If somone has the money and is willing to buy somthing that is in limited supply there is nothing wrong with it. Its just like any other business transaction.
I am not screwing anyone if I set the minimum bid at the price I paid for it; they are the ones bidding and setting the price they are willing to pay for. Supply and Demand my friend. You need to let up on this grudge about me dude calling me a moron in one post and an asshole in the next.

I don' t come here to quarel I come to talk about topics that interest me.
< Message edited by C*Dub -- 12 May 06 7:58:20 >

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 18:13
I already got a 360 as a present and was planning on doing what I normally do and get nintendo' s console aswell. But I think i' ll wait until the games i' m waiting for comes up (which probably won' t be long).

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: What are you buying?? - May 12, 2006 18:34
I' ve got a 360 and was going to get a PS3 and Wii at launch. The only thing is I can' t justify paying the price for the PS3 when I know more likely than not I' ll be able to get it cheaper a few months after launch when the crazy demand for them wears off. If I can afford it I' ll get it but without knowing concrete launch titles there is little that makes me lust after it at the mo, especially when my 360 is still wowing me.

Wii on the other hand has intrigued me. I' m not giddy with excitement about it but think the new experience would be fun.

Jessica Spencer
  • Total Posts : 62
RE: What are you buying?? - Jul 24, 2006 02:06
I`m just going to get the Wii at Christmas and save up for games now!!! Why bother buying consoles when you can get it for Christmas???? When you get it at Christmas you can then buy games with the money you saved!!! That`s my plan...

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: What are you buying?? - Jul 24, 2006 04:06
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Wii

Nintendo

Playing = Believing

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 23 Jul 06 20:07:06 >

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: What are you buying?? - Jul 24, 2006 05:43
i already have a 360 and when the wii comes out im gonna get it, but i dont see a point in getting a ps3 when the only good game on there thats not on the 360 is God of War but who needs it when u got Elder Scrolls 4 and fable 2 but the wii has all the classics like zelda etc.