Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 23:00
Halo 3 may be the end of that trilogy, but it still better make up for 2. I' ll still keep my eye out.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 23:03

...you speak as if Gears of War and Too Human have nothing to prove.....

I' m saying that new, fresh IP' s, -- new franchises like these are more important than Halo 3.

Hell, i' d go as far as to say that Lost Odyssey is more important to 360 than Halo 3 is.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - May 01, 2006 03:28
I think you guys are underestimating Halo 3. I know tons of people anxiously awaiting for Halo 3 to come out. Some of them will buy it a short while before Halo 3 comes out and some are buying it with Halo 3. Then there are also tons of places that have halo 2 tournaments and stuff like that and they will buy 360s because everyone will be moving on to halo 3 (although I doubt they make up very much of the market). Right now there are over 50,000 people playing Halo 2 on xbox live. It possibly has the most people playing online of any game.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - May 01, 2006 04:10
I' m not underestimating Halo 3. It' s one of the games that i am really looking forward to and it' s a series that i consider superior to anything on rival consoles.

I just think that games like GoW and Too Human are more important to the console success because they are new franchises. Too Human specifically because it' s a trilogy. Look at how popular Ninja Gaiden/Black is on the original Xbox, ...that' s the kind of effect that i expect Too Human to have on 360, and then some.

These big games that are coming to 360 that Sony won' t have; Huxley, Too Human, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon etc... are all really important because they set the console apart from it' s biggest rival. Halo is just the icing on the cake so to speak.

I would never deny it' s importance, but the games were more important on the original Xbox than i see Halo 3 being on 360. The game will be awesome and i fully expect it to CRUSH Killzone, and i would guess that it will become THE online game on 360 like Halo 2 is on Xbox, but i think that the newer franchises are more important in the grand scheme of things.

If i wasn' t bothered about Hao 3 i would never have started this thread after my other Hao 3 one was locked.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message