Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 School? How much left?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: School? How much left? - Apr 29, 2004 03:36
I never took biology in high school but ended up taking 6 biology classes when I got to university
I was going over my list of courses today and I have credit in tons of different departments
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: School? How much left? - Apr 29, 2004 04:32
That is always the case. I have more Microbiology credits than Cell Bio (my major). One of my friends did a double honours degree in Biology and Philosophy. Another grad studet has enough credits to do the same, but he never applied to graduate with the philosophy degree. Man, I miss undergrad.
RavenShadow

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 29, 2004 05:43
See I' m a little hesitant about going to grad school because I like my free time.
Plus this year I got a " light grad school experience" (grad school light according to my supervisor) with doing my honours thesis and I got sick from it.
You know the whole stress having an effect on the immune system. I redeveloped asthma.
Rikka

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 29, 2004 18:39
WOW! You sound exactly like me. I was so sick from stress earlier this year (Feb-march), I have several autoimmune diseases, and they were hyper active, but it has gotten much better, it is part of the package, learning to deal with the stress and altered work load. Like, I am IN the lab from 8:30-3:00 at the latest on most days, but then there are the longer days and weekends on occasion, I am learning to balance, and making freinds in the department has helped - you have people to bitch to who know what' s going on.

But, the course load is a lot less. We just had an honours student finish up in our lab - she is starting grad school with us in May - and I watched her struggle. Because in an honours project you ahve a full course load plus yuor lab work and your project write up. In grad school, you have very few classes (i had one this semster, one this summer and I will have one in the fall), and the actual course load is a lot different.

Wow, long response. So yeah, think about it. It isn' t for everyone. I didn' t do an honours project but I did summer research, and I love it for the most part. So yeah, hope I have given you somehting to think about.
RavenShadow

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 30, 2004 05:44
Yea I know about the smaller class load.
Still not sure though. I' m going to APICS (undergraduate psychology conference) next week in Fredericton, NB to present my honours thesis research.
There are workshops and stuff like there so I hope to pick up some helpful info.
Rikka

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 30, 2004 21:50
good luck and have fun!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages