Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Have Wii been Punk' d?!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 29, 2006 22:11

What I also find disturbing is that if Wii is the real name then they should have shown an official logo by now,

That logo you saw after flash animation ended is the official logo - 100% confirmed by Nintendo (and it' s on their site right?) - that' s why everyone' s talking how they want to imitate iPod.

There' s one cool thing about Wii though:

" I' m going to give one little secret," Fils-Aime said. " Only one little secret, and hopefully I won' t lose my job. We' re going to show a racing game at E3 where you use the core controller in a very different way. That will answer all the questions to how you' ll play a racing game."
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 29, 2006 22:37
If said racer was I:D, I would have a seisure, on the spot. I doubt it, though. Still, racing should kick serious ass on Nintendo' s Wii console. *aside to self*Wii could actually sound like screaming car tires.*/aside* What would really get me raving like a madman is if they use the controller as a stick. Manual shifting, to any gear we choose... *drool*.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii CRASH!

Wow, can' t wait. I can wait, but I can' t wait!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 29, 2006 22:41
Holding the controller horizontally, from left to right and truning it like a steering wheel. Nice.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 29, 2006 23:02
that' s too obvious I think it' s a different controll scheme - I guess we' ll know soon enough...GOD DAMN IT FUCK SHIT BITCH DICK AAARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I WANT E3 NOW !!!! GOD DAM....
vdig

RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 29, 2006 23:20
I would share your enthusiasm for E3, but I' m not part of the industry, therefore I can not attend. Therefore, my enthusiasm only goes as far as ' I can not wait for the torrents of footage' .

GTA scheme for walking would be via 2 sticks, but then when you take a car, you put one stick onto the gear stick position of a steering wheel. Just think, effortless drive-bys. Lovely.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 29, 2006 23:23
the reason why those sites where not registered before the annocement is quite simple, if they registered those sites, people would have seen the www.nintendowii.com, beforew the actual annocement.
vdig

RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 29, 2006 23:25
That is probably spot on. I remember other companies having secret announcements blown by registered web pages. Can' t remember who exactly, though.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 30, 2006 00:40
Vdig I' m excited and I' m not making money on games but like most of us I am a part of the industry I am a gamer - say it with me " I am a gamer and I am Proud of it Wii!!!"

:)

E3 isn' t only for press and devs - everyone can go, but some shows are closed to public.

I think the entire GTA (after GTA3 -yeah I finished it and thought it was good in a new way) phenomenon is obsolete by the way :)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 30, 2006 00:44
Mom i want a wee...

hahahahahahhahahahahahahhaa

NINTENDO YOUR STUPID!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 30, 2006 01:21

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

the reason why those sites where not registered before the annocement is quite simple, if they registered those sites, people would have seen the www.nintendowii.com, beforew the actual annocement.

Not only is that still not registered, but " wii" still isn' t trademarked by anybody other than a razor company. It' s not even been filed for registration.

Surely they would have trademarked the name?!

They put a TM next to the logo on the official site and in the flash movie, but they haven' t actually trademarked it. You don' t think that' s odd?
vdig

RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 30, 2006 01:28
Thanks. That is good for future reference, however, I also live in Toronto, making a trip down there quite costly and/or long (with gasoline prices shooting skyward, I would say it' s both).

The GTA phenomenon is done, but the games themselves are still pleasant, on occasion. It is also cool to do dogfights in San Andreas, something I did not think GTA could EVER pull off. However, if a game is a GTA knockoff, I tend to not like it, since nearly 100% of the time it is an inferior product. Still, it is true that I hardly pick up those titles to play lately.

The title I go back to the most, as a fervent RPG player of the non MMO variety, is Disgaea. Tossing prinnies, power levelling, attempting to merc Prinny Baal... pure RPG fun. When Disgaea 2 comes out in August, it will be the best bang for my buck. Whereas Disgaea cost me $49, I got 238 hours out of it. Hella better than Halo 2!

What Wii needs is a new offshoot of the great Fire Emblem series, as well as a traditional Fire Emblem. It would quench the RPG gamer in me. Then again, I play virtually all types of games.
vdig

RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 30, 2006 01:46
Maybe, just maybe, Nintendo thought no one had registered it, therefore they announced it as their final name. If that' s the case, and they can' t trademark it because it is already taken, they may have to rename it again. That, and maybe NOA and NOE realized that and nodded with NOJ, smirking to themselves. Still, I think that is giving far too little credit to the bigwigs at Nintendo.

Edit:
Sorry for the double post!
< Message edited by vdig -- 29 Apr 06 12:47:24 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 30, 2006 01:59

NINTENDO YOUR STUPID!
how smart is that? :)

All your base are belong to us!!!

I think Nintendo knows at least as much as you do about trademarks and shit - Perrin Kaplan said they knew this name for the last year, so NO - they did everything just like they should , I' m sure of it.

1UP has an article that started all your conspiracy thinking so you should know that they couldn' t find some patents that they knew were there , and same could be right about TM - online database could be updated later and so on.

vdig

RE: Have Wii been Punk' d?! - Apr 30, 2006 02:25
Wii would like to announce that the new Nintendo console is called we, er, wii.

*Meanwhile*
" What happen?"
" Someone (N) set up us the bomb."
" Wii get signal."
" Main screen turn on."
" It' s you!"
" Greetings, gentlemen. All your base are belong to us. You are on the way to destruction."
" What you say?!"
" You have no chance to survive make your time. Hahaha."

Wii sounds like it would start another web phenomena.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message