Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 58
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 05:15
In 5 years?!

You' re probably right, ...i won' t have the same opinion. But 5 years down the line we' ll be coming into ANOTHER generation of console gaming won' t we?!

How many games, over any format use 8.5GB of space?!

Now i have no doubt that more space WILL eventually be needed, but when a developer can quite easily put a game out on 2 DVD9 discs and still not incure the development/manufacture costs that they would with Blu-Ray, ...it seems stupid!

you will see things done on ps3 just becuase of the storage space on the blueray

Like what?!

1080p movies?! Please, ...who do you think will be able to take full advantage of that?! Sony' s casual-gamer userbase?!
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 05:27
$600, ouch... ' bout 500 more than I have at any given time. Still, if I can raise enough money by selling my organs on the black market or joining the French Foreign Legion for 3 years (which would make it a moot point anyway) I' m going for it. Just imagine what a good dev-team could do with 8.5 Gigs. We could get back to the days when adventure games were actually good. I' M LOOKING AT YOU LUCAS-ARTS!!
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 05:31
Aren' t they doing an Indiana Jones 4 tie-in?!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 06:19
I' d LOVE to see Virtua Fighter 5 hit both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, but knowing the klowns at Sony they' ll probably scoop it up as an exclusive.. ARGH, have I reiterated my undying hatred for 3rd party exclusive games???? I hate em I tell ya, hate em!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6 Apr 06 8:56:28 >
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 07:08
With any luck, tomorrows Japanese 360 conference will bring:

New " tales of" game
New Lunar game
Virtua Fighter 5
Phantasy Star Universe
Something new from Square
Winning Eleven from Konami

...or at least that' s what' s rumoured.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 07:52
yeah,all we know is that sega,and square-enix and namco gonna show some stuff,however all these diffrent sources in japan and dev has said those titkles,well tomorrowe we know :))))

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 08:51

Aren' t they doing an Indiana Jones 4 tie-in?

" Indiana Jones and the Inguinal Hernia of Ultimate Peril"

It has a nice ring to it.

As for price, it' s a sign of our times when we' re wishing that a console would release at a $500 u.s. price tag. If it' s anything over 550, and i don' t have that kind of money by September, i' m pulling out, and cashing all my chips on the Revolution. Maybe a 360 too, if i have the money.
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 16:16
Well it' s early morning here in the UK but late afternoon in Japan and Microsoft' s Japanese conference is now over.

A couple of interesting announcements have been made, most interestingly by Square-Enix, ...but unfortunately no SEGA games were announced, meaning that Afterburner, House of the Dead 4 and Virtua Fighter are still unconfirmed for 360.

Anyway, here' s what HAS been announced:

- Square-Enix have announced a new, exclusive to 360 Final Fantasy game.

- Square-Enix' s Project Sylph will also be a 360 exclusive.

- Tri-Ace announced that they are currently working on new an action RPG, exclusive to 360.

- Namco announced the development of Culdcept Saga for Microsoft' s console.

- A video was shown of Gundam Online, ...it will make full use of Xbox Live.

- Microsoft announced the first game based on the Zegapain series.

- Konami, Hudson, Namco, SNK and D3 announced their support for Xbox Live Arcade.

- Demo of Mistwalker Studio’s next title, Lost Odyssey will hit this autumn and Sakaguchi announced that the much-touted RPG Blue Dragon will be launched this winter.

So, the most interesting thing for me, until we get more information on the games that have been announced is that SNK will be supporting Xbox Live Arcade, meaning i should hopefully get KoF98 and be able to kick ass online!
Terry Bogard

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 16:59

- Square-Enix have announced a new, exclusive to 360 Final Fantasy game.

- Square-Enix' s Project Sylph will also be a 360 exclusive.

- Tri-Ace announced that they are currently working on new an action RPG, exclusive to 360.

Vewwy Vewwy interesting.. I wonder if its too early for them to at least have some short teaser videos of those games at E3.
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 19:09
Well 360 certainly needs these games in the west as much as for Japan. My guess is that Microsoft will be pushing devs to have something ready to show at E3.

Perhaps some stuff will surface in the next few weeks...

EDIT: Some stuff has already surfaced...

Based on the new anime, Zegapain on 360 looks quite like Z.O.E...

Mobile Suit Gundam...

Also note that while you may not recognise the name Tri-Ace, you should definately recognise their games. Specifically Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean and Radiata Stories, all of which were great. The fact that they' re doing an action RPG on 360 is very good news!

I' ll try to find more...
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 6 Apr 06 12:18:16 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 20:22
About HDD being confirmed it' s a rather old story from gamespot.
I don' t think you were looking but here just to enlighten you:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-24487352&user=CloneTrooper501

Since you don' t own a 360, i can' t expect you to understand how vast Oblivion is!

You should also bear in mind that it' s FAR cheaper to develop on DVD9 than on Blu-Ray, so even if a game had to be put out on multiple discs for 360, the production costs would still be lower than for a single disc PS3 game.

I' ve seen Zelda for N64 on aprox. 30MB cartridge so I kinda get the idea , but if that makes Blue Ray obsolete then your knowledge needs some upgrade.

So Blu-Ray IS pointless for games!

I guess you wouldn' t realize that more space is more (and better quality) sound samples , movies (for cool menu and game itself) and many more.There was once a company who thought like you do - Nintendo in the N64 era (better known as PSX era).And cost of any new format (DVD / Blue Ray and CD before them) is always high at the begining.

Itagaki knows more about games development than you do (at least that' s what I think since I haven' t heard of any game you' ve made lately...) , cause he actually does games.

Noone said that you can' t make a great game for 360 , but more space can make a better game with more variety in voices , sounds , textures , movies and extra features.

You say " why would someone care for 1080p movies if he' s got a 720 p TV?" he shouldn' t.

But someone with 1080p TV will be very happy and it' s really cool that they support it.

Add to this that the future is 1080p - your opinions have a very short expiration date.

The IGN story about 360 Media Briefing doesn' t have half of those things you' ve posted.Maybe they are slow , but I' d rather hear it from official sources.

SNK on LIVE? that would be simply awesome.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 6 Apr 06 12:40:44 >
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 20:52
You' re right the HDD story there is old news, ...pre-GDC in-fact. Since everything before GDC was pure speculation, and it wasn' t confirmed AT GDC, then how can you possibly say it' s definately shipping with the harddrive?!

I' ve seen Zelda for N64 on aprox. 30MB cartridge so I kinda get the idea , but if that makes Blue Ray obsolete then your knowledge needs some upgrade

Wow, cartridges, ...you don' t seem to get my point.

Blu-Ray cost' s more to both manufacture and develop for. Since Blu-Ray films will be more expensive (approx 15%) than DVD' s when they were first launched way back, it' s viable that the cost of PS3 games will be higher than evben 360' s.

Obviously the development cost is incurred by the developer/publisher, and since Sony will only be using their single-layer discs for PS3 games (with dual-layer discs being very pricey to produce), it will still be cheaper for a developer to put a game out on 360, on multiple discs using DVD9, than it will for them to produce a single disc PS3 game.

Why would a developer/producer want to have to pay more out to develop a game when they really don' t have to?!

The IGN story about 360 Media Briefing doesn' t have half of those things you' ve posted.Maybe they are slow , but I' d rather hear it from official sources.

An yet IGN weren' t even there. I' ll tell you what, i' ll even post some nice links that detail everything i' ve said...

http://news.spong.com/article/9859

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3149406

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63769

I want my KoF98!!!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 21:22
I remember Sony saying there would only be one version of PS3 including a 40 GB HDD very recently. Didn' t they say that during that conference they had, whatever it was called. Maybe I should look this up.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Apr 06 13:23:22 >
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 21:34
They chose their words very carefully as always and said that a 60GB HDD would be available and would be required for playing games. What they didn' t say is that the console would ship WITH the HDD included.

That' s correct unless i' m daydreaming (which could be possible since everyone seems to think otherwise...).

If i' m wrong i will be sure to appologise!

EDIT: I found what i was looking for...

One of the first questions presented to the president of Sony' s Worldwide Studios was with regards to the system 60GB hard drive and whether or not it will actually be included with the system. Harrison answered that it will undoubtedly be a key component of the system and that developers should program titles assuming that the drive is there, but being that his role is more software-oriented than hardware, he couldn' t give a definitive answer as to whether or not it will be in the box. He says that we, and even he, should know for sure at this year' s E3.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697725p1.aspx

So, what i said was spot on. Again.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 6 Apr 06 13:47:10 >
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 22:26
It looks like Sony was just testing the water, ...again...

Sony' s spokespeople have addressed George Fornay' s comments about PS3' s price saying his comments had been " mistranslated or misunderstood" .

Nick Sharples (SCEE corporate communications director) has said...

“the discussion was actually focused on the relative value of PS3 as a Bluray Disc player. At no time did he suggest or indicate a specific price point or price range for PS3, and any reports that he did so are incorrect. He summarized by saying that PS3 would be expensive when one looked at the current price of a video games machine, at far below 500 Euros, but extremely good value when looking at the BD and HD technology inside,"

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=15937

They were obviously testing the water to see what the reaction would be if they launched at such a high price.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 6 Apr 06 14:34:58 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 07, 2006 02:50
I want my Magician Lord on Xbox Live!!! The MVS version!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 07, 2006 04:19
ahem*... sure you do. [takes out Terry' s medication]
]GaNgStA[

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 07, 2006 07:05

You' re right the HDD story there is old news, ...pre-GDC in-fact. Since everything before GDC was pure speculation

It was after GDC - and it was supposed to clarify all the confusion created on GDC
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 07, 2006 08:36
If GDC ran from the 23rd until the 27th March, and that story was posted on the 17th and 20th of March on Yahoo' s UK videogames portal and Gamespot respectively, then it' s PRE-GDC, not post.

We haven' t had any confirmation about the HDD.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 7 Apr 06 0:41:44 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 08, 2006 02:13
I guess I found the wrong link for it, but there was a story after GDC (on both gamespot and 1up)

You' ll see at E3 :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 7 Apr 06 22:46:55 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message