Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 You Think this will be possible on the Rev?
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 56 of 56
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 02, 2006 10:01
Smorgasbord :P

ITS SMÖRGÅSBORD,GET IT YOU FUCKING DUMB PICE OF SHIT!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 02, 2006 10:06
Why are we talking about SMÖRGÅSBORD Quez?! In fact, ...what is it??

EDIT: Oh i see!!!

Smorgasbord is an anglicization of the Swedish word Smörgåsbord. It is a buffet style table in a restaurant, or a holiday feast at home, prepared with many small dishes. For a fixed amount of money, one is allowed to eat as many of these as one wishes. In an extended sense, the word is used to refer to any situation which invites patrons to select whatever they wish among several pleasant things

Very smart Quez.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 2 Apr 06 2:15:43 >
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 02, 2006 11:21
Alright. Let me tell you something. I won' t get laid, but that' s to be expected. I' m not good looking enough to get laid. However, I' m playing Zelda Classic (Which you can download through Vapour - www.vapour-online.com) And it' s stupid. The AI is bad, the graphics are horrible, and there are tons of bugs and glitches. For some reason, even though it seems really boring and stupid, I can' t stop playing it and want to play it more than CSS! I don' t know why, but for once a nintendo title is actually fun, even though I' m pissed off at being entertained because it' s running at 320x240 resolution and is based on a game older than me. I have seen others play Zelda on the SNES and it looked way better than Zelda Classic, but for some reason, I just like it. I should have it uninstalled, but I guess I' m just too damn fond of it. However, every Nintendo Title still sux azz IMO, so just fuck off. I' m not concerned about getting laid because I have a life, and all I can say is, MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY :P
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 02, 2006 17:52
The Nintendo DS has a greater marketshare than the PSP even though the PSP is more powerfull.
The Revolution will be less powerfull than the PS3 but as we' ve seen with the handhelds it might not affect the marketshare.

The Nintendo DS uses new innovative ways of controlling games while the PSP used traditional methods. This made the DS feel fresh and has actually gotten non-gamers and ex-gamers to start playing games which in turn has increased Nintendos marketshare.
The Revolution will use new innovative ways of controlling games while the PS3 will use traditional methods.
This will make the Revolution games feel fresh and will probably get non-gamers and ex-gamers to start playing games. This will also please harcore gamers as they get more friends and family members to play with.

Lots of women play the Nintendo DS while more than 90% of the PSP owners are male. There are lots of women out there and we all want more of them to play games.
The Revolution will probably also attract women and since women are 50% of the worlds population it could only mean a bigger marketshare for Nintendo.

The Nintendo DS has gotten lots of great 1st party titles from Nintendo as well as lots of 3rd party support which has led to a great library of games that easily challenges Sonys library.
The Revolution will get tons of Nintendo titles, with Twilight Princess making the console worth its price alone, and it will also get lots of great 3rd party titles as pretty much every 3rd party developer has expressed interest in the console. Sonys PS3 is supposedly difficult and expensive to develop for which has led to many small developers abandoning the console.

The Nintendo DS is backwards compatible with GBA games, one of the best and biggest game libraries of all time. The PSP has its PS1 backwards compatibility, also one of the best game libraries of all time.
The Revolution will be backwards compatible with every Nintendo console game ever made which will challenge Sonys backward compatibility which has been one of Sonys biggest selling points.

The Nintendo DS was cheaper than the PSP offering non-gamers a chance to try out games.
The Revolution will be much cheaper than its competitors and thus more people will afford it leading to bigger sales.

The Nintendo DS was Nintendos first step into the world of online gaming and it has been a huge success with games such as Mario Kart and the amount of players online shows that Nintendos online efforts are comparable with Microsofts, who are concidered to be the king of online games.
The Revolution will offer its own online service rivaling Xbox Live and Sonys services.

The Nintendo DS lacked media capabilities that the PSP had which was a turnoff for tech-freaks but the Nintendo DS still proved to be interesting enough to appeal to everyone.
The Revolution will lack media capabilities but as we' ve seen this is not a big problem.

Add to that Revolutions sleak design, the unrevealed secret, Sega Mega Drive Games, controller add-ons, Gamecube compatibility, low prices on games, the lack of bullshit like Blu-ray or similar and the fact that games will actually be as visually impressive as 360/PS3 games.

From a developer point of view the Revolution is great since the development costs are low, it' s easy to develop for and they get to try new ideas. All of this will maximize profits which makes the Revolution a great choice for developers.

I can' t see the Revolution being anything else than a success because it' s just the same thing as with the DS.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 2 Apr 06 10:45:06 >
Nitro

RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 02, 2006 20:15
That post was perfect...
artofshooting

• Total Posts : 5
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 02, 2006 20:30
kickass311 you really read like some another k3v1n...you' re the kind of poor soul who thinks graphics ' rulez" ... that realism is everything. You' re surely quite frustrated against games you call ' kiddie' but do you think a good game is necesssarily a game where you have to kill hundreds of enemies in a bloodbath? or drive tuned and supra polygon and bumpmapp polished games? hell you' re sad if you do.
QuezcatoL

RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 02, 2006 22:10
what i like about NR is that it have a freaking DVD player this time.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 02, 2006 23:15
oh man, I go away to a conference on games, geometries & advanced architechture, give myself a a near heart-attack (more on that later folks) and then I find this gold mine of a thread.

I' ve never laughed so hard! Well done to " all " those involved

This forums dynamic just gets more and more up beat!
Nitro

RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 03, 2006 00:42

I wondered where you' d buggered off to!

So Andy, have to got anything to add on the subject of Nintendo' s next-generation hardware?!

Oh, and if you would be as good as to read through the " Nintendo GO ???" thread (the title probably needs changing since the name has since been debunked), which is available here...

https://forum.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=44054&p=1&mpage=1&tmode=1&smode=1

...i would be interested in your educated perspective!

Welcome home buddy!
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 03, 2006 01:16
You know what. This modern world is flawed. People believe in what is right. I believe in what is immoral. If people were like me, mexicans would be extinct and the beaches of every nation would have red bloody sand. But that' s because I operate on logic instead of emotion. ;)
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 03, 2006 02:03
I just can' t find the logic in that.
Adam, please ban this guy. He' s spreading rasist propaganda:

ORIGINAL: kickass331
If people were like me, mexicans would be extinct

And he calls that logic.
Add to that all the other crap he' s been posting. His crap lowers the whole level of this forum.
I usually post crap myself but at least it has some dignity in it.
This guy hasn' t posted a single thing that' s been worth reading.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 2 Apr 06 18:17:33 >
QuezcatoL

RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 03, 2006 05:06
Off topic,but i just watched the CE DVD for oblivion,there they say that half of the space taken up on the dvd is from the 50 hours voice recording.
Does that mean,that OB could have been twice as big without any voice recording?
This comment is the proof,that DVD9 is more then enough for this next gen.

So why did i write this?
Nintendo gonna use dvd for the first time and we can finally see if that new ZELDA gonna be huge.
Nitro

RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 03, 2006 06:01

Does that mean,that OB could have been twice as big without any voice recording?

Exactly.

Not only is it proof that DVD9 is more than enough space for a game this gen, but since most RPG' s don' t have speech ingame, then huge RPG' s are definately possible on 360.
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 03, 2006 06:06
Speech also cost more money a la Shenmue

At a good price and good third party support or atleast more first party releases
it will be well worth it
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 03, 2006 06:28
Forum Wars ...ahh there' s nothing as entertaining as a good fight :)
Nitro

RE: You Think this will be possible on the Rev? - Apr 03, 2006 06:38
Like Ali v Frazier?!
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 56 of 56

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages