Next Gen Viusals

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 50
Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
Next Gen Viusals - Mar 19, 2006 01:23
You' re telling me that we get this...

...AWESOME game, ...but Crystal Dynamics can' t even get Tomb Raider right?!

This...

...loos amazing, and is just what i' ve been waiting to see from a Tomb Raider game. But these...

...are the newest Xbox 360 screens and i can hardly believ that it' s the same game. These look awful!!!

What the hell have they done to Lara' s skin?

Where hass the damn tomb gone?

Why the hell does it look like an Xbox game?

Why does she have a visibly lower polycount than previously shown?

Why change/add/alter something that looked soooooo good?

I' m certain the previously show tomb raiding level is still in the game but since the game would have obviously been much better without these parts, why include them?

I was going to pre-order this game but now i' ll wait for the demo to appear on marketplace because i now suspect that the franchise can' t be saved at all and that this is going to turn out to be as big a disappointment as the previous game!

Dammit, let Ubisoft make the damn thing!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 21 Mar 06 18:54:13 >

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 01:32
Dont compare a multiplattform title,that also coming to xbox and ps2...
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 01:48
I' m comparing a 360 game to another 360 game...

My point is that the screens of Tomb Raider at the top atre FAR superior to the most recent ones. I don' t get where it went wrong...

It looks rubbish!

KiLLeR
  • Total Posts : 314
  • Reward points : 0
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 02:40
quez ir right. It' s coming out for the current gen too, and I guess they' re not Ubisoft and don' t have enough money to have one team just work on the 360 version only. I don' t care about this game anyway, never liked the series.
-= S + A + I + M + I + R =-

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 03:52
I' m not comparing it to Ghost Recon, i think you have misunderstood!

I' m comparing this...

...which looks gorgeous, to this...

...which looks fucking horrible, and looks as bad as this...

I mentioned this...

...because in my opinion it' s the first truely next-gen game. That' s all

This...

...looks fantastic, but this...

...looks like a cheap imitation!

I want to know why one part of the game looks superb and another part of the game looks pathetic. It' s the same game running on the same hardware and is supposed to save the franchise, ...which it would have done/will do if it looked/looks like this...

Whether or not the series is for you is beside the point, the difference between the two sets of images is huge. I just don' t see how with the game nearing release, they can let screenshots slip out that show something vastly different to what they have shown up until this point...

...i don' t get it!

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 04:05
Screenshots are often misleading. I say wait until some gameplay footage or (like me) the game is released and see how it is. You never know, those indoor sections may comprose a very small portion of the game. Then again, it could be crap!

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 04:29
Well I for one understand and agree with you there majik.

The first screens of TR looked fantastic, the newer ones, looks.... well like you said, an xbox game. Maybe mislabeled screenies? Wouldn' t be so lucky...

Though I have a lot of hope in this game as Crystal D bought me a game series i adore - Legacy of Kain... it' s sad for me they ended it. But i hope the game is good...

For me other than surprise i can' t bew too disappointed though, mine will be the stunning, most amazing.... Ahem...*whispers* PS2 version.

Just wait for nearer release for some review vids/screenies and see if these were just (really) bad shots
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 04:32
Your mistake was expecting a Tomb raider game... ANY Tomb Raider game... to actually look good.

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 04:56
Mis-labeled screens?

What, like they could actually be the PSP version?!

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 05:55
Well in case you didn' t know, Tomb Raider was announced to now be running on the new S.U.C.K. engine. This advanced new engine is going to introduce all new levels of Suck as you' ve already seen from the downgraded visual quality of the latest pics.

It' ll be interesting to see whether Sony steals this one for themselves like they did with Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness or whether they' re finally over their Lara infatuation and are ok with it going multiplatform...
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 18 Mar 06 22:02:31 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

uumai
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 06:28
lol
lol
lol

Joe, sure it' s tomb raider, but its Crystal D. They are great.

I dunno what to say... lol
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 06:59
I seen gameplay footage of that new tomb radier game, and honestly, it looks like junk. Not complete junk [like all other TR games] but it had fiddly trageting, poor collision dectation, piss poor camera and a general acradeyness that dosent suit it. Taken back to its roots it is.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 08:00
Crystal Dynamics? The 3DO developer? Did they suddenly rise from the 3DO grave? They never made a game I appreciated. Total Eclipse had some good music, but that' s about it. Gex sucked ass. Didn' t they also do that Pandamonium game? that looked boring.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 08:30
Legacy of Kain 2 had great visuals for it' s time ...

Terry Bogard
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 09:26

and a general acradeyness that dosent suit it.

That would actually be the only thing that sells it to me, the arcadeyness :)

Game Junkie
  • Total Posts : 708
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 09:43
It doesn' t matter how many polys her boobs have they game will still be junk, its Tomb Raider people play it for the same retarded reason why they play DOA.

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 11:26
Rubbish!

Did you ever play the original?! It was amazing (back then). You got to fight a motherfuckin T-Rex!

It was the first attempt at a realistic (ish) platform game. Shit, get Lucas Arts to make another good Indiana Jones games and then i' ll tell Lara to take a hike!

Terry Bogard
RE: WTF???? - Mar 19, 2006 11:32

Did you ever play the original?! It was amazing (back then). You got to fight a motherfuckin T-Rex!

Oooh sweet! They should remake the original for next-gen consoles so I can fight this T-Rex! Was there ever a compilation of Tomb Raider games released this generation?

]GaNgStA[
RE: WTF???? - Mar 20, 2006 01:12

It doesn' t matter how many polys her boobs have they game will still be junk, its Tomb Raider people play it for the same retarded reason why they play DOA.

In that case - it' s good to be retarded - at least it' s better than being some silly ignorant.

uumai
RE: WTF???? - Mar 20, 2006 02:13

The first tomb raider was awesome, that T-Rex part is one of my memorable moments in video games. Amazing.
This is why i hope for good stuff with this one.

In that case - it' s good to be retarded - at least it' s better than being some silly ignorant.

Agreed.

I seen gameplay footage of that new tomb radier game, and honestly, it looks like junk. Not complete junk [like all other TR games] but it had fiddly trageting, poor collision dectation, piss poor camera and a general acradeyness that dosent suit it. Taken back to its roots it is.

Well I agree about the problem of the collision detection...- when she would glad a ledge i first thought she would fall but then she kinda glitches on it it... well almost, her hands aren' t quite near it but she holds through will power.
I' m sure this is something that will be rectified, and the game with be improved somewhat.

Crystal Dynamics? The 3DO developer? Did they suddenly rise from the 3DO grave? They never made a game I appreciated. Total Eclipse had some good music, but that' s about it. Gex sucked ass. Didn' t they also do that Pandamonium game? that looked boring.

Legacy of kain, starting from original PS, Loved my soul reaver port for dreamcast (first one i played) and stuck to the series too until it' s finale.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Silentbomber
RE: WTF???? - Mar 20, 2006 02:18
I never got around to finishing SR as its so damn hard. That was a few years ago mind. Good game tough.

uumai
RE: WTF???? - Mar 20, 2006 02:48

I never got around to finishing SR as its so damn hard

I went through it i think about 3 times, It wasn' t very long...
Soul reaver 2 picked up right where number 1 finished and continues it... Amazing, though i found SR2 to be a lot more open... it' was huge compared to the original.

Makes me what to go back and play it again
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 20, 2006 03:52
The Soul Reaver games were awesome, ... Raziel in particular was a great character.

I wouldn' t want them to continue the series like with Tomb Raider though, but a next-gen remake would be cool.

In fact, there are several games i would like remade...

Silentbomber
RE: WTF???? - Mar 20, 2006 09:02
A SR remake would rock,forget TB, I would play it.

whiteguysamurai
  • Total Posts : 316
RE: WTF???? - Mar 20, 2006 13:41
Crystal dynamics doesnt do the tomb raider franchise, C.O.R.E however does, and IMPO, most of what core' s done has stunk.

Don' t know why, but for some reason most brit developers make bad games..Correct me if i' m wrong.

Then again, rare is british.
Then again again, rare hasnt been doing as well as they once had.

]GaNgStA[
RE: WTF???? - Mar 20, 2006 16:28

Crystal dynamics doesnt do the tomb raider franchise, C.O.R.E however does, and IMPO, most of what core' s done has stunk.

well ...not quite my friend since the newest TR is being made by Crystal Dynamics.

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 20, 2006 20:18

Perhaps you shouldn' t try to be a smart ass and do some research, ...because you' re completely wrong.

Core Design no longer makes the Tomb Raider games, mostly due to the mess they made of Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness.

Since Eidos also own Crystal Dynamics, they game the franchise to them, ...a move which prompted the key members of the Core Design team to leave and form a company called Circle Studio.

Last year SCi bought Eidos and the quality of the work is said to have picked up. I guess we' ll see how Legend turn out...

Ikashiru
  • Total Posts : 649
  • Reward points : 24890
RE: WTF???? - Mar 21, 2006 00:35
dammit am trying to find a link i found on my pda at work, listing some the the screens at the top of the thread as PS2 ones...

So they may be stealing the 360 ones, bu it does add a little hope for you majik..

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 21, 2006 01:22
Not so lucky i' m afraid...

PS2...

The character models are different.

Now, from what i have been able to garner, this...

...is what most of the game looks like, but the Tokyo level and the other urban levels look like this...

...which is pathetic. I find it hard to believe that the developers haven' t noticed the difference. They would have been better off removing the rubbish looking levels and replacing them with more outdoor locations!

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 21, 2006 02:00
Having said that, some parts of the Tokyo level look pretty good...

...so perhaps there is hope afterall...

Also, as far as the multi-platform thing goes, ...if Ubisoft can manage it with Double Agent, then Crystal Dynamics should be able to manage it with Tomb Raider, and for the most part they have done, i just think that the Tokyo level looks horrible.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 20 Mar 06 18:16:07 >

whiteguysamurai
  • Total Posts : 316
RE: WTF???? - Mar 21, 2006 02:21

Perhaps you shouldn' t try to be a smart ass and do some research, ...because you' re completely wrong.

Alright, calm down son, it was an honest mistake.

Perhaps there is hope for this game afterall.

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 21, 2006 04:01
LOL!

Ignore me when i start being harsh, ...I don' t mean anything by it.

There' s hope, but i still don' t see why they would release these screens...

The pillar on the left isn' t even round. You' d think that they' d fix that kind of stuff for the 360 version. The character models for both Lara and her enemies are sub-par too, or at least look it.

...and i think this looks unforgivable...

I woud expect that from the original Xbox, not my next-gen console...

Game Junkie
  • Total Posts : 708
RE: WTF???? - Mar 21, 2006 08:04
All I' m saying is that they would have stopped making Tomb Raider games after the first one if it was Larry instead of Laura. Same with DOA, the DOA series is worthless with Tekken and Virtual Fighter.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: WTF???? - Mar 21, 2006 08:39

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

...the DOA series is worthless with Tekken and Virtual Fighter.

I disagree. DOA looks better than both of them put together, and it' s more fun. Tekken 5 SUCKS ASS!! Virtual Fighter is pretty tight, gameplay wise, though.

Oh, and on the subject of Tomb Raider, I just hope the " roots" they' re going back to is the enjoyment of the gameplay in the original. That game was lots of fun.
< Message edited by chee saw -- 21 Mar 06 0:41:13 >

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 21, 2006 09:02

the DOA series is worthless with Tekken and Virtual Fighter.

It' s not as good as Virtua Fighter but it' s better than Tekken.

I loved Tekken 2, 3 and 5 and i' ll be buying Dark Ressurection for PSP, but DOA is waaaaay more fun.

DOA4 is GREAT, and not because of the reason you point out. Shit, Team Ninja actually made female characters worth having and they' re every bit as badass as the male ones. I was never keen on DOA3 but i loved DOAU. DOA4 is different to previous DOA games, it plays differently and is a more complex game.

Roll on VF5 though!

I just hope the " roots" they' re going back to is the enjoyment of the gameplay in the original.

Amen!

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: WTF???? - Mar 21, 2006 09:42
...did Ms. Croft throw her shoes at someone?....

...or can she run faster without them?.... .she appears to have forgotten her Jimmy Choo' s in those new screens......
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Nitro
RE: WTF???? - Mar 22, 2006 04:25
It makes sense that she' s barefoot...

Anyway, look...

I' m not officially excited about this game again. Only a month until release too!

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: WTF???? - Mar 22, 2006 04:47
Id really like the game to be good, i had a special feeling playing tomb raider 1 and 2. Especially the openig of the 1st, with the cave and the wolves.

They should really go more into the cave buisness again! And less shooting people!

Terry Bogard
RE: WTF???? - Mar 22, 2006 04:48
I like the bike scene shown above... I' ll be checking out the 360 version if it' s released next month as well.. Lara and I were never properly introduced. I' ve only played a demo of the first game I think, and that only lasted a few minutes because my attention span sorta sucked way back then and it was a demo of the PC version...

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: WTF???? - Mar 22, 2006 04:58
...l like it... ....it looks pretty good to me....

...i' m a big fan of 3d person adventure / exploration games.... ...those new screens remind me of soul reaver for some reason...
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 50