Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Neo Geo
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 47 of 47
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Neo Geo - Apr 18, 2006 09:03
Well if they just made a 200+ mega shock cartridge that just plugged into the Saturn cart slot and THAT was the game, then I think it' d be OK. Cart will always be better than CD when it comes to instant access of the graphics and stuff like that. That would be pretty cool, actually. It could come with a special CD just for the audio and/or grainy FMV (you must admit, FMV improves anything and everything tenfold). Even if they did it like that, there would be no loading since all of the real data is coming from the cart. I' ve always wanted to play a Saturn cart-only game. I also want to know what part of KoF ' 95 is on the cart. I have that game.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 18 Apr 06 1:05:44 >
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Neo Geo - Apr 18, 2006 15:08

Well if they just made a 200+ mega shock cartridge

Right you are, probably require a stupid 8MB ram cart or the above equvilent. Can you imagine the cost of the thing.

The backgrounds and all the animation on them are stored on the cart. Just the charcters and music loaded into the Saturns internal RAM.
Joe Redifer

RE: Neo Geo - Apr 18, 2006 17:35
Isn' t the music redbook?
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Neo Geo - Apr 19, 2006 04:36
I can' t really remember if the music was just played from the CD. Probably easier than porting, even if it' s just the AES sountrack being played off the CD.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 18 Apr 06 20:37:11 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Neo Geo - Apr 19, 2006 08:26
I' m pretty sure it' s arranged. I' ll play it tonight if I am not too busy being lazy. I sent my Neo Geo in (just the motherboard) to have the pure RGB mod done. I said " no" to the power LED. For some weird reason I actually turn my game system OFF when I am done with a game, and I turn it off to switch games as well. I can' t see how anyone would ever leave their Neo Geo on. The giant glowing reset button looks ugly and is way too big anyway.
Joe Redifer

RE: Neo Geo - Apr 25, 2006 07:32
I am now the proud owner of a pure-RGB Neo Geo. What needed to be done? A simple bypass, that' s all. 4 short, thin wires... no resistors or capacitors needed. Could have been done as a simple trace on the motherboard. I don' t see how having the RGB come out of the video encoder like it did originally saved SNK any money.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Neo Geo - Apr 25, 2006 18:16
Good for you joe at one point neo geo was my favourite handheld (even though it wasn' t mines use to borrow it from my friend) and I still like it.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 47 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message